Vette Wheels - Page 39 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vette Wheels
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 5:20 AM
Firewall looks fine now!!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:02 AM
I agree it looks very good.
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:15 AM
I WANT TO HUMP THE @!#$ @!#$ OUT OF THE FRONT. I have very little love for the rear.
Not sure why, but damn front is epically perfect.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:52 AM
I have to agree the front looks so sick and perfect, the back needs a widebody or flares imo. You should consider making a custom wiper cowl out of sheet metal. I just did it myself.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:17 AM
Love the work on the front. I am thinking about a 00-02 headlight and bumper conversion now

Nice work on the FPR relocation too

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:48 AM
SeamlessZ24 wrote:I have to agree the front looks so sick and perfect, the back needs a widebody or flares imo. You should consider making a custom wiper cowl out of sheet metal. I just did it myself.

I agree! I wanna see a cowl made... and I want him to make me one.. lol

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:14 PM
cowls all around!!!!

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 5:29 PM
Didn't do much tonight, feels good to be home pretty early.

Trimmed my bumper out today and fit it on the car with the IC tonight. Fits PERFECT. Intercooler couldn't be anymore forward, which is awesome. Turns out I can measure @!#$ from time to time.

I took a quick shot at the shop from the door before I left, also. You can see Mike's freshly painted (I'm not lying) 1jz e30 covered in dust, because he refuses to buy a car cover. :stickoutt

I also mapped out and ordered all fittings minus the one for the turbo for the crankcase evac setup. They'll (for the most part) be here tomorrow.

Also ordered titanium header wrap today, for my downpipe. The black stuff I used last summer didn't impress me, and this stuff looks a whole lot nicer.

Anyways, not a huge update, but it's still something. :o
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 5:38 PM
That awkward moment when a stanced out Cavalier is cooler than a stanced out 1JZ E30....

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:08 PM
newt wrote:That awkward moment when a stanced out Cavalier is cooler than a stanced out 1JZ E30....

I think this every time I see the e30 in a shot.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:13 PM

Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:00 PM
that awkward momment when opinions of stancing are completely changed by a crazy canadian.

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:21 PM
The awkward moment when a car that was initially highly flamed by most is actually praised now.

Myself included.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 1:45 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:The awkward moment when a car that was initially highly flamed by most is actually praised now.

Myself included.

I got on board when he finally cleaned the engine bay.

Before that it looked like a nuclear bomb went off under there....jesus christ.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 1:53 PM
I log in every day to check out this thread lol.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:47 PM
i love this build, gives me hope on the hooptie

Modding my j since I found the org
Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:36 PM
I also have heen following the build still dont get the whole stretched tire thing though but its how u want it your taste not mine but i do have to agree car does look and like others have said the back of it definently should be wider some way some how but looks almost as if u have a camaro rear stance with a cavalier trunk and bumper on it....
Friday, March 01, 2013 5:44 AM
Too many awkward moments!

Just wait for the most awkward of all..... Our photo shoot...

Friday, March 01, 2013 5:45 AM
Great work Jeff!

Friday, March 01, 2013 5:12 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:The awkward moment when a car that was initially highly flamed by most is actually praised now.

Myself included.

It's funny, this comes up almost every time there is a larger gathering at my shop lately.

Jay, I literally can't wait for the photoshoot. It's gonna get so disgustingly boner-inducing.

Speaking of which, it just wiggled thinking about it.

Sup.
Friday, March 01, 2013 8:13 PM
I just give props for doing @!#$ I'd never have the balls too do, personal taste doesn't mean @!#$.

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879

Saturday, March 02, 2013 12:51 PM
I thought the car looked epicly stupid with the vette wheels. I think the front looks perfect now, the rear I am undecided about.

Monday, March 04, 2013 4:59 PM

Myself included.

Its because he finally agreed bustin oil pans was not cool.

Monday, March 04, 2013 9:08 PM
So, I know what you're all thinking, "Why hasn't this asshole updated this thread in 36 hours?"

Basically, because @!#$ you, that's why.

That, and I really haven't done anything worth showing off. I spent most of the weekend finishing miniscule welding in the engine bay, only to run out of welding gas at 10 on Saturday night.

So, no pictures of that, cause everything looks almost identical. The bay steel work is 99.8% complete, which makes me pretty well @!#$ so happy I could jump through hoops.

I started laying out my modules tonight. Started with the PCM (powertrain) and BCM (Body). Everything will be as tightly knit under the dash as physically possible. I want to keep real estate relatively open and also keep the wiring very neat and tidy.

I started by making the PCM bracket:

It bolts to the four perimeter bolts of the PCM, I'll get four rubber grommets for the bracket-to-firewall holes tomorrow and create a couple studded plates to spot weld to the firewall.

I then built a bracket for the BCM that bolts through the heat-sink in the PCM, I'll be final drilling it tomorrow and getting bolts as well. But it bolts through the back side of the BCM, which has ample room inside it for a few bolt heads.

I intend to order my firewall bulkhead this week and start wiring the car ASAP.

The first meet is May 25th, just found out tonight, and at very least I would @!#$ LOVE to have the car drive it's own ass on the trailer.

Few small randoms, I wrapped the primary section of my downpipe:

It's a titanium wrap by DEI, and it is ten-thousand percent nicer than that black crap I had last year on the old downpipe.

Next, this whole bolt-in roll bar thingy. Where the rear bars attach, there are bolt holes. In my opinion, thanks to my OCD, having actual bolts/nuts there would look absolutely horrendous and drive me @!#$ bat @!#$ crazy. Even though you can't really see them,

So I came up with this, to use a PTO shaft clip from a tractor. Now, they definitely don't fit like I want. The pin is obviously too long, and it is also 1/8" too skinny. I'll likely wind up making my own pins and fashion the steel clip over to them. This gives me a good idea of what to base my idea off of, though.

I think that's it? More tomorrow. In theory, should have the PCM/BCM thingy-majig mounted.

Monday, March 04, 2013 10:13 PM
Looking the update man! Keep up the great work!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search