#cavnasty. (that other teal/silver cavalier) - Page 7 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: #cavnasty. (that other teal/silver cavalier)
Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:31 AM
Teins look sick! Your gonna love em!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:25 AM
Saterday.... Joslyn road. Let me know if you need harnesses in the future, I may be able to put one together for you, I work for NGK / NTK in Wixom. I am sure I will see you on Woodward this year.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:33 AM
Teins on the car yet?

Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:02 PM
Philly D wrote:Crazy. I was looking at that exact trunk liner but didn't buy it because it didn't look like it would fit.

Didn't want to risk it. But good seller for letting you keep it.

Gotta pay to play in this JDM game! lol. I got super lucky.

WHITECAVY wrote:Teins look sick! Your gonna love em!

Thanks man! I cannot wait! SOO sick of the long front struts I currently have at my ride height.

jason norwood wrote:Saterday.... Joslyn road. Let me know if you need harnesses in the future, I may be able to put one together for you, I work for NGK / NTK in Wixom. I am sure I will see you on Woodward this year.

I must have been in the CRV! Looking forward to Woodward this season for sure. I just ordered an NTK oxygen sensor lol. damnit.

Joe Schulte wrote:Teins on the car yet?

Soon my dear. Waiting on my distributor to get my isolators... Tein is slow as balls and so is Daniel.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:07 PM
Looks good!

How did you originally extend the oxygen sensor harness?

I just cut the factory harness, soldered a length of wire in the middle, heat shrinked it and put new wire loom over it.

Never had an issue with mine, I also did my crank sensor harness extension that way...no issues.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:29 PM
no you were in the cav.... I think, you plate is runs16s right?

Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:40 PM
newt wrote:Looks good!

How did you originally extend the oxygen sensor harness?

I just cut the factory harness, soldered a length of wire in the middle, heat shrinked it and put new wire loom over it.

Never had an issue with mine, I also did my crank sensor harness extension that way...no issues.

I've heard you shouldn't solder so mine was done in the same fashion however I used butt connections. I am not ruling out the fact it may have gotten pinched somewhere or possibly the sensor has been compromised from outside elements. Either way I wanted to make sure it wasn't my human error this time! lol

jason norwood wrote:no you were in the cav.... I think, you plate is runs16s right?

That's me! Must have been Sunday my dude! Transporting it from storage to home finally.
People gave weird looks to the car with no hood, front bumper, dash cover, and mirrors while running around burning the tires off...

Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:51 PM
Yep was sunday, my bad.

And yes soldering wires on that sensor will ruin it as it gets its ref air through the wiring as well. This accounts for around 20 percent of our warranties..... lol

Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:31 PM
Whenever I extended o2 wiring. I always extended them on he harness side, not the sensor side.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:32 PM
Yep, as long as you do it that way you will be fine, for the non-outside ref air or IP Cell designs ( widebands )

Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:07 PM
Extending the wires in any circuit that uses a reference voltage can mess with stuff. A longer wire has more resistance and causes more voltage drop. It really doesnt matter where you extend as long as you upsize the wire slightly to limit the voltage drop.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:24 PM
Thanks for the info guys!

My Nardi showed up today. Just need to polish the center section for more luster and source a horn button. Waiting on another NRG quick release hub for quick changes! One huge plus is that I can see my cluster better now.

Nardi wood grain by qwik2k2z24, on Flickr

Nardi wood grain by qwik2k2z24, on Flickr

Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:15 PM
Goddam love Nardi wheels. Super jealous.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 9:06 PM
Funny, the Bennetton/Momo wheel I have for my Harlequin Golf is missing the horn button. I hope you have better luck than me finding one.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Friday, March 29, 2013 7:11 AM
Jealous!

Damn nice progress... especially since the last time I looked was mid 2012. Oops. Keeping an eye on this now. lol

Friday, March 29, 2013 8:45 AM
not a fan of that at all.

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Friday, March 29, 2013 9:27 AM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:Funny, the Bennetton/Momo wheel I have for my Harlequin Golf is missing the horn button. I hope you have better luck than me finding one.

I've found a few legit Nardi horn buttons but for the price I may just come up with something else for now.

-Z Yaaaa- wrote:not a fan of that at all.

Don't worry Brad. You'll learn to love the elegance this wheel achieves once my interior is back together.

Friday, March 29, 2013 9:51 AM
i just wanna see the wheels - lol.

Friday, March 29, 2013 12:13 PM
Where is the like button???

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, March 29, 2013 12:57 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:not a fan of that at all.

damn we agree.

FU Tuning

Friday, March 29, 2013 5:25 PM
so the nardi wheel bolted right up to the NRG hub eh? My buddy put one in but had to drill and tap a new hole, but that was a momo hub.

ive been looking at nardi wheels for awhile now, ebay?

Friday, March 29, 2013 8:21 PM
WAYDERS wrote:so the nardi wheel bolted right up to the NRG hub eh? My buddy put one in but had to drill and tap a new hole, but that was a momo hub.

ive been looking at nardi wheels for awhile now, ebay?

The NRG quick release hubs are dual drilled for nardi and the typical 6 bolt patterns as well. The wheel would not have bolted up directly to the MOMO hub.

I found the wheel on eBay coming from japan. I wasn't concerned with it having the Nardi horn button so that brought the cost down quite a bit. It's a used wheel without a doubt. Nothing a little elbow grease can't fix!

And I'm sorry if some of you don't agree with the wheel. I love it. It adds a touch of elegance. We all can't be stuck in 2004 guys!

Friday, March 29, 2013 8:30 PM
a touch of elegance if you drive an MG.

hey, ur car, ur rules. i hated when you did away with the spoiler and silver trunk too but i got over it.

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Friday, March 29, 2013 8:34 PM
Saturday, March 30, 2013 4:24 AM

Good to know about the hub, guess I'm on the lookout for one lol.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search