New engine compartment & interior pictures - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New engine compartment & interior pictures
Monday, September 19, 2005 10:16 PM
I finally got around to getting some updated pictures of my engine compartment and interior.

As far as the engine compartment goes, I have added a silver hose kit from Hose Techniques, a Flex-Braid hose kit with silver endings from Mr. Gasket and custom billet engine caps (custom made by Clayton "LIVID" Bell).

Over the winter I will be painting the coolant and brake fluid reservoirs black, getting the engine cover powder coated the same color as the car, installing a cold air intake from RK Sport and adding a few blue neons to accent the engine compartment at night shows.

As far as the interior goes, I have added a factory manual shift boot from a '00+ Cavalier/Sunfire (I got tired of my shift knob looking like a big dildo ) and a billet steering wheel tilt lever (custom made by Clayton "LIVID" Bell).

Over the winter I will be adding a set of billet door panel inserts from RK Sport and a few more blue neons to better accent the rear seat at night shows.

Thanks for checking out my new pictures. Any comments are welcome, although please keep in mind that I mod my car for myself... not for anyone else . As always, all pictures of my car present and past can be viewed on my Car Domain page. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Re: New engine compartment & interior pictures
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 3:52 AM
What is the shifter knob and where did you get it from?

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 4:05 AM
That battery cover is killer. Where did you get it from? Oh yea, clean engine bay

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 7:04 AM
@ The01Cav: The shift knob is from APC. The product number is: #604030. I got it from JC Whitney almost three years ago, but I have not seen them there since. You should be able to order one directly from APC or from any company/store that sells APC products though.

@ Ihnetman: Thanks . I got the battery cover on eBay about two years ago from a company called Trenz. I have not seen them on there since. As far as I know RK Sport is the only place that sells them now. Thanks for the kind words on the engine compartment.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 7:59 AM
looks good

thought you were tired of blue accents though ??

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 9:32 AM
looks sweet man, love all the billet and braided hoses in the engine bay

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 9:58 AM
u have after market exaust and no after market intake
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 10:10 AM
@ 97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™): Thanks. Do you see any blue anywhere ?!

@ dirty elf: Thanks for the kind words. And I am a girl by the way .

@ Marco v: Yes... that is correct... and your point is?

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 1:01 PM
That engine bay is NICE! But...those windshield wipers are killing me.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 1:29 PM
Ex wrote: But...those windshield wipers are killing me.

x2. I went w/ all black on my wipers...

Looks pretty decent other than the wipers, but to each their own.

BTW, when you go to a JBO car meet, and there a group of 20ish people (like 2004) or even 10 people (like a few months ago), you can't expect people to go to you to talk. Group > 2 people. Sitting on the curb or a table away from every1 doesn't get people to talk to you. /rant

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 3:19 PM
@ Ex: Thanks . I totally respect everyone's opinions. In my opinion it looks good when things such as the wipers, door handles, door pillars, mirrors, trunk panel etc. match the color of the car, but that's just me .

@ Roughed In: Your car is black so I would certainly hope you wouldn't paint your wipers another color . Thanks for the kind words .

As far as the meets go, for starters I am a very shy person. Second, at the last meet when my friend Nick and I walked up to where everyone was, only two people said hi to us and they were both people's girlfriends. Overall we got a weird vibe like everyone already knows each other and we were just outsiders. It's not a big deal, I just won't be going to anymore meets.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 6:56 PM
Looks good i love ur engine bay.. is that the fake braided hose kits from Auto Zone and AAP and stuff? i had that shifter in my old 00 and dang that thing got cold in winter.. so i gave it to a friend haha.
Also the wipers dont do it for me but its something to call attention i guess if u like that.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 9:55 PM
@ Manta Z: Thanks . I am very happy with how my engine compartment has turned out. I'm really glad I decided to get rid of all the blue and go with silver, billet and black.

I'm not sure what you mean by fake hoses? The hose covers and ends are real metal. I had to drain the coolant and remove the factory hoses from the car in order the slide the covers over the factory hoses. If you consider that cheap, then I guess they are, but I think they look good and I have yet to see them on another J-Body, so it's something different which is the look I am going for with the car.

Yes, unfortunately the shift knob is very temperature sensitive which I think is much worse during the summer than during the winter .

Again, I totally respect your opinion about the wipers. Below is a picture of the wipers with the hood closed. I think they do look kind of weird with the hood open, but they definitely look much better with the hood closed. Also, I'm not sure if you guys are aware, but the wipers are not some cheap ones from Auto Zone or something, they are the factory wipers painted the same color as the car, again something different that you don't see too often. To each his own though.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 4:56 AM
J TO ENVY wrote:To each his own though.
I am glad you understand that! most people dont and then get all mad when people don't like their doing.. They ask for opinions but really want people to tell them they like everything and they are doing everything perfect..

J TO ENVY wrote:@ Manta Z: I'm not sure what you mean by fake hoses? The hose covers and ends are real metal. I had to drain the coolant and remove the factory hoses from the car in order the slide the covers over the factory hoses. If you consider that cheap, then I guess they are, but I think they look good and I have yet to see them on another J-Body, so it's something different which is the look I am going for with the car.

I'm not saying its cheap.. what i meant was the covers like u said. i didnt think to call em covers tho... I saw them at Auto Zone for like 30-40 bucks and i planned on gettin a kit or two. Honestly love it and i was always skeptical about how theyd look and i just love it.. what do u have your TB cables in? is it just like silicone hose? cuz that was a very nice little touch there too. I plan to go with the Black and silver/polished theme for mine to cuz it looks so damn good and is nice and looks clean. I kinda wanna when i pull out the engine paint the bay black so it has more contrast to all the Bling

And my buddy dave has them in his Sunbird turned Cavalier.. he didnt get all of it installed yet tho

Bottom line is i love your engine bay

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 9:06 AM
i want those billet caps.....how much for all of them

http://members.cardomain.com/freakycavy
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 9:56 AM
very sharp...lookin clean
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 10:57 AM
what freak of nature said.....I need them.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 2:28 PM
looks really good. i know what you mean about going to meets. thats pretty much the olny reason i dont go to any also. now all you need is a new CD player

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 2:36 PM
I wanna see a picture of you lol....Girls with sunfires RULE Looks great!!

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 4:08 PM
@ Manta Z: Yeah, I totally understand and respect that everyone has their own opinions on what looks good and what doesn't. The whole point of modding a car is to do what you want to do to it. If I worried about what other people thought about my car it would be totally stock and where's the fun in that?

I get what you mean about the Flex-Braid kit. I got mine at Farm & Fleet. I ended up having to get two of them to be able to do all the hoses (there are two hoses left near the firewall that will be done over the winter). It ended up costing me about $60 for two kits. I'm glad I could "help you out" by showing what the kit looks like on a J-Body.

Yes, the throttle body wires are covered with silver silicone hoses from Hose Techniques. I got their cheapest (in price) universal kit. It was around $65. It came with the different sized hoses, a hose cutter, a hose splitter, installation instructions and a ton of promotional stuff. I was looking for different colored silicone hoses to replace the blue ones I had had and when I stumbled upon Hose Techniques I knew right away I had to get the silver ones.

I am definitely glad I decided to get rid of the blue and go with silver, black and billet. In my opinion it stands out while still being classy and not too showy. I can't wait to see how it looks with the coolant and brake fluid reservoirs painted black, the engine cover powder coated to match the color of the car, the cold air intake and the billet strut tower caps. By the time winter's over my engine compartment will have quite a bit of bling in it .

I can't believe I forgot about Dave having the Flex-Braid kit on his Sunbird. I just saw the pictures of it less than a month ago. How retarded am I ? I can't wait to see how it looks when it's all installed.

Thanks so much. I really appreciate it .

@ Freak of Nature(1loudcavy) & Marchi 1: The caps were $35 U.S. a piece. They were custom made by Clayton "LIVID" Bell.

@ 2Blue Cav: Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it .

@ Streaker1369: Thank you sir . Yeah, most people take my shyness as me being a b**** or something, but I am just really shy around people I don't know, especially large groups of people who already know each other. Oh well, it's just something I have to get over . Eventually I will probably get a new stereo system installed, but for now the Monsoon is good enough for me. I am more worried about getting other things done.

@ Bomex03CavalierSedan: If you ask me my car is much better looking than I am. Yes, you're right... I do rule because I have a Sunfire . Thanks .

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 4:46 PM
Nice job Girl. Lookin good!

"Your Premier Source For Automotive Neon & Accessories!"

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 6:16 PM
wow... an interior and engine bay like that will win you an award at a car show........over the phone

Shush Weasel..i want my shirley temple
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search