Out with the old, In with the new. - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Out with the old, In with the new.
Thursday, July 01, 2010 12:16 PM
I sold my old cav and picked up a car off of a fellow jbo member so i went out for a little photoshoot after i got the car home. The day the new owner came and picked up my old car i went to work on the new one giving it a good wetsand and buff then put my new rims on. After these pics were taken i have changed out the hood pins for some flush ones and have mirrors and a couple other things that i will be putting on in the next couple weeks. Ill update this thread with pics as i do stuff. So on with the pics.
A few of new and old together before my old one was picked up.

And a small photoshoot i did with the new car

Re: Out with the old, In with the new.
Thursday, July 01, 2010 12:21 PM
you need a new camera asap lol but great looking cars

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, July 01, 2010 12:37 PM
glad to see it finally sold. one heck of a car for sure!

Thursday, July 01, 2010 12:43 PM
So YOU got Joey's car? It looks great, glad it went to a good home. Keep it up!

Thursday, July 01, 2010 12:46 PM
Both look nice, can not wait to see what you do with it!

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, July 01, 2010 12:52 PM
Looks great as usual. Im sorry to ask, but what motor is in that piece of art? I never thought to ask before.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, July 01, 2010 12:57 PM
Whitecavy I'm pretty sure it's an 03.

Thursday, July 01, 2010 1:19 PM
yeah i believe its a eco also

Thursday, July 01, 2010 1:20 PM
and that is one hell of a good lookin ride!!

Thursday, July 01, 2010 1:22 PM
I was hoping to finally see this car a Carlisle this past weekend....

Thursday, July 01, 2010 1:30 PM
wow. i take everything bad ive said about baggs away. that thing is fawking amazing.

180hp in 1989 or 145hp in 2002, you decide. >

Thursday, July 01, 2010 1:46 PM
please don't change anything about it. joey created a masterpiece.

Check out my build thread!

Thursday, July 01, 2010 1:46 PM
Arguably one of the coolest cav's on the site.

Thursday, July 01, 2010 1:52 PM
now thats a cav

Thursday, July 01, 2010 2:07 PM
I lvoe it man, those rims made the car really pop, ofcourse, the car didnt need much help with that.
People are going to HATE me for saying this, but you need to change it up a bit. Right now, its still "Joeys car" and thats how everyone will refer to it. You need to make it your own, give it some personal touch.
I hate to say that aswell, because the car is beautiful.

Thursday, July 01, 2010 2:17 PM
FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Love it

Thursday, July 01, 2010 2:33 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:I lvoe it man, those rims made the car really pop, ofcourse, the car didnt need much help with that.
People are going to HATE me for saying this, but you need to change it up a bit. Right now, its still "Joeys car" and thats how everyone will refer to it. You need to make it your own, give it some personal touch.
I hate to say that aswell, because the car is beautiful.

agreed, was going to say the same thing. gotta mix it up some how. make it somewhat your car.

Thursday, July 01, 2010 2:39 PM
other than new rims which there is no way in hell it needs i dont see how he could personalize it.. its got one off front and rear bumpers and molded side skirts, a one off hood and custom paint. its going to be hard...

well i guess he could tint it, take the wipers off, paint the mirror's body color, change the spoiler and maybe do performance @!#$, thats really about it.

180hp in 1989 or 145hp in 2002, you decide. >
Thursday, July 01, 2010 2:41 PM
Beauty!

Now make it your own!!!

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Thursday, July 01, 2010 3:24 PM
Pure and utter crap

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Thursday, July 01, 2010 3:51 PM
Thanks for the comments. I already have some new mirrors and tails for it. As far as interior and body go i wont be changing up too much. Just enough to give it my own touch and im gonna add some new audio stuff. The engine will be where i go pretty crazy. Its an ecotec for now but that wont stay the same for too long at all hopefully

Thursday, July 01, 2010 4:50 PM
Uggghhh, Joey's...err, your new whip is sexy! Don't rice it out! Like no M3 mirrors or altezzas. Haha, best of luck with it!

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Thursday, July 01, 2010 5:15 PM
Love to see this at the Bash this year, please tell me you're coming. I'd love to get some shots beside it. It's not everyday that you get to have the opportunity to take pics beside another conversion car that just looks amazing.

My choice for personal touch would be to change out the bezel and upper dash to your own style.
Paint the side and front mesh black
Steering wheel swap out
and maybe some toyo mirrors, if you can get your hands on some.

I can't remember what the trunk set up looked like,

but other than that, I wouldn't touch anything else, exterior or interior wise.

People will remember this car as Joey's... so be it. As long as someone from the community carry's on the legend, I'm happy and I will always remember that YOU stepped up to buy just an amazing car because Joey moved on. It's a Win/win in my books.

Congrats on the car, and have fun with it.

See you at the bash.. I demand it lol.

Thursday, July 01, 2010 5:26 PM
the famous cars at barrett jackson always draw a crowd, and it is considered taboo to modify them. I think this is one such case, unless you intend to boost the piss out of it and make it a real show stopper. Maybe a licence plate ntjoeys

Friday, July 02, 2010 11:06 AM
I will definatly be at the bash and it would be great to get some pics with ya zdoubledozen. Only thing is im unsure if i will be there saturday or not for the races. I may be going to another car show. But friday we will definatly have to go grab a few pics. I already have the apr mirrors that are going on it later this week that i had on my old car. There the one or two off ones that were floating aruond here not the cheapers so they should look good on there. I also have a new steering wheel that should be on before next pics. Im not too worried about it being looked at as joeys old car. I figure i did good with my old car starting from scratch so now that i have his masterpiece to build on it should be a good combination. And by the end of summer i figure i will already have almost as many mods on the car that i did as most people do to their own cars. So hopefully i can personalize it enough to stake a little claim to the car

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search