LED's behind hvac - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LED's behind hvac
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 3:17 PM
I cleared out my hvac knobs a few weekends ago and I wanna take the bulbs out and replace them.. I know I have to get 2 #74 led's but will i be able to just replace the bulbs, or will re-wiring need to be done?

http://www.cardomain.com/id/beltzie21

Re: LED's behind hvac
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:46 PM
#74 is not technically an LED size, that's for a straight up light bulb. Just to avoid confusion. Re-wiring won't be necessary if you get #74 bulbs.

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 11:31 AM
but you can wire leds to the hvac bulb sockets I did!

beer is like a chick.. well not really its just beer, it be cool thou huh?

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 9:56 PM
i just bought some leds that a guy was selling on ebay that already had the socket attached to them, so it was just plug and play. i just typed in 74 LED into an ebay search. i got the blue ones, but i think there are other colors available. sorry no pics yet

simple minds talk about other people.
average minds talk about events.
great minds discuss ideas
Friday, April 15, 2005 2:11 PM
will these bulbs work

Bulb 1

Bubl 2

Saturday, April 16, 2005 7:27 AM
the first link are the ones i used, because they refract the light instead of focusing the beam

Sunday, April 17, 2005 8:38 AM
you dont happen to have any pics of them yet would you, i was wondering if they came out good and everything

Sunday, April 17, 2005 8:47 AM
this is how mine look...

maybe that helps? sorry if it doesn't, lol

"They say hard work pays off... well then why the hell doesn't it pay off for me?"
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 10:45 PM
here you go,this is how mine look. they look much better in person. my camera takes crappy pics at night with out the flash.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 8:17 AM
i just cleared mine and took a red sharpie and colored the back of the nobs, looks fine

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 8:40 AM
I'm also in the process of doing this. I bought the bulbs that are shown in the first link from www.superbrightleds.com. I have the BCC silver/red hvac panel and even though it already shows up red, I'm replacing the bulbs with red LEDS to make it brighter. I also bought the red gauge cluster LEDS that they have but I'm waiting on my BCC gauges to get here before I switch them out.

-Erin

Saturday, April 23, 2005 6:15 AM
I'm new to all this... what do you mean by "cleared" the knobs? My stereo has a blue backlight and I would like to dublicate your effect...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search