Yes or,no... - Page 2 - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Yes or,no...
Monday, November 29, 2010 4:05 PM
Kooter Kicker wrote:What about sti wheels for 400 http://images.craigslist.org/3n93kf3m65Y65U15X5abm6997383c30fa1f1a.jpg

this may work

Sig thanks to bxmobkrazey on gmscf.com

Monday, November 29, 2010 4:09 PM
I like those sucks no tires... I offerd him 350.00 we'll see if he takes it

Monday, November 29, 2010 8:17 PM
Monday, November 29, 2010 10:03 PM
Buy mine They are 18's and have decent tires on them too

http://superbuytires.com/Akita%20Racing/AK%206/

or buy these.

http://dayton.craigslist.org/pts/2068817812.html

sti wheels are 5x114.3

VW wheels have weird offsets sometimes, just make sure you do research

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 9:39 AM
How much for yours

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 5:10 PM
Kooter Kicker wrote:No srt4 wheels in ohio. They do look pretty sweet

Shenanigans! You arent looking hard enough. Just because they arent on Craigslist doesnt mean they dont exist.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 5:32 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:
Kooter Kicker wrote:No srt4 wheels in ohio. They do look pretty sweet

Shenanigans! You arent looking hard enough. Just because they arent on Craigslist doesnt mean they dont exist.

I decided to go with these.

http://dayton.craigslist.org/pts/2068817812.html

Lol shenanigans.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 7:27 PM
dude you change your mind way too much. your'e too excited about the whole thing.
find something you like, something you know you want and stick with it. don't just spend money on the first thing that catches your eye (as you've done like 5 times now in this very thread) and jump on it. be patient. parts will come and go. find a direction you want to take with the car and wait till you find exactly what you want when you want it.

your'e just going to end up regretting getting those wheels you just showed. they don't flow with a fuc king thing on your car currently. so now your build will be predicated on building your car around those wheels.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 7:41 PM
blucavvy wrote:dude you change your mind way too much. your'e too excited about the whole thing.
find something you like, something you know you want and stick with it. don't just spend money on the first thing that catches your eye (as you've done like 5 times now in this very thread) and jump on it. be patient. parts will come and go. find a direction you want to take with the car and wait till you find exactly what you want when you want it.

your'e just going to end up regretting getting those wheels you just showed. they don't flow with a fuc king thing on your car currently. so now your build will be predicated on building your car around those wheels.

Thanks

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 7:46 PM
y not just stick with the stock lss wheels? they're nice looking wheels that will pretty much go with any kind of body kit or lss kit or whatever you decide to go with?

had i not picked up my 95-99 z wheels those would have been the next ones on my list.

stock is where it's at my friend.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 7:49 PM
Those wheels flow perfect but I am a little biased on black wheels with polished lips.

Though I do plan on switching my wheels out when I need new tires. I NEED MORE LIP!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 10:41 PM
blucavvy wrote:dude you change your mind way too much. your'e too excited about the whole thing.

How the @!#$ do they not flow? Black wheels with a chrome lip on a silver car? Are you color blind? Serious question.... Black on any color car flows. You sir are retarded.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 11:03 PM
Be careful with those wheels, you'll need new tires; Tires that will run you about $400 at the minimum. That guy has a WRX and is selling em on the Subaru forums and had some better pics somewhere, just remember the total costs and don't get excited and jump in. I looked at those wheels for a while before I bought mine, but the need for new tires deterred me. 18" tires aren't cheap at all, even for the junk ones.

Here, I even did some work for ya:
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/cart/selectStore.do?productTypeId=1&r=OHCINT|pc|43054&storeCode=OHC-03&productId=33662

That's the cheapest new tire you'll find. Sure, you can try and find a set of used tires somewhere and will probably be alright, just saying.. look at the total cost of everything.

$835 for a set of wheels that you just found and like. I bet you can wait around a bit and find a better set for cheaper than that.

Wednesday, December 01, 2010 12:35 AM
Clay Borries wrote:I will punch you in the dick if you buy those...

greatest quote ever. glad you are for the black ones.

Wednesday, December 01, 2010 2:27 AM
ill sell you my rims.. and ship them out.. 100 to ship

Wednesday, December 01, 2010 4:50 AM
freelancer1988 wrote:
Clay Borries wrote:I will punch you in the dick if you buy those...

greatest quote ever. glad you are for the black ones.

:lol: Yea, he's a good fiend of mine. I probably would do it if he bought those.

azncav wrote:ill sell you my rims.. and ship them out.. 100 to ship

Too late, He bought the blacvk set. Picked them up last night.

Wednesday, December 01, 2010 9:33 AM
azncav wrote:ill sell you my rims.. and ship them out.. 100 to ship

The Trafficstars?

Wednesday, December 01, 2010 3:05 PM
thanks guys for all your help. and pointing me in the right direction.

Wednesday, December 01, 2010 3:21 PM
Clay Borries wrote:

How the @!#$ do they not flow? Black wheels with a chrome lip on a silver car? Are you color blind? Serious question.... Black on any color car flows. You sir are retarded.

whatever i'm not going to get in to some e fight with ya buddy. but i will disagree. black with a chrome lip does not flow with everything. it's just the same type of wheel everyone else that looks for aftermarket wheel's puts on their car's.

Thursday, December 02, 2010 5:27 AM
I'm agreeing with blu on this. It seems like it's the fad that won't fade; Damn near everybody wants to throw the first set of black wheels with the chrome lip on their car that they see. Either that or whatever is the cheapest local (as seen in this thread).
When I got my wheels, I searched and searched for almost four months before I finally found the exact wheel that I had been picturing in my head that I wanted on my car.
If you jump at the first wheels you find just because they're ten miles away, under $400, and match your lug pattern (or don't, for that matter), I'd hate to see your future hasty mods...

Thursday, December 02, 2010 9:19 AM
Sooo youre saying if similar wheels to ones I want for my car as cheap and close I shouldnt buy them? Sometimes the best time to jump on a deal is when its there. I did buy my wheels new but I probably wont buy my next set new.

Black matches almost everything get over it. Its not a fad. Its not just cars. Its the same reason why appliances, TV, Blu-ray players, etc etc are black. They match pretty much everything you put with it.

As far as other colors. I see it as a match or complete contrast thing. Look at a color wheel and youll see my point. Red car with orange accents looks bad. So does purple with blue. The colors are too close. Style can actually be very scientific if you get down to it.

I can talk about this stuff for hours. I painted for several years until my Junior year in high school when I got burnt out.

Thursday, December 02, 2010 9:35 AM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Sooo youre saying if similar wheels to ones I want for my car as cheap and close I shouldnt buy them?

Not at all. If the wheels you want are black with a chrome lip, ride that bandwagon. Ride it til the next one comes along. I prefer to have my own taste, not just follow everyone else's.

And have you ever seen a red tv?? Or Blu-Ray?? C'mon. Seriously. You're comparing apples to oranges here. ALL tvs and Blu-Rays are black. Not ALL wheels are. There is a choice. But the auto world would just rather say "Hey, black goes with anything," than to actually put some thought into it and make it unique.

Thursday, December 02, 2010 1:23 PM
^^^^exactly my point.

if he actually wants black wheels with a chrome lip, rock on. no issue's with that at all. i was just trying to tell the guy to not buy them just based on what our opinions are. look at the first set of wheels he showed in this thread, then look at the next and the next and then the last.

huge differences in all of them. i was just trying to say it was obvious he was far too excited about the whole thing and instead of just deciding what he liked on his own, was asking everyone else for an opinion. and i gave my opinion.

yup, black wheels with a chrome lip can be pulled off by about any car. i will still disagree that they'll go with anything though. not every car is going to look good with black wheels and a chrome lip. period.

that's my opinion. take it for what it's worth.

Thursday, December 02, 2010 1:36 PM
Why, blu, that opinion is worth about $0.02!

Thursday, December 02, 2010 1:43 PM
probly less.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search