Yes or,no... - Page 3 - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Yes or,no...
Thursday, December 02, 2010 1:59 PM
blucavvy wrote:^^^^exactly my point.

if he actually wants black wheels with a chrome lip, rock on. no issue's with that at all. i was just trying to tell the guy to not buy them just based on what our opinions are. look at the first set of wheels he showed in this thread, then look at the next and the next and then the last.

huge differences in all of them. i was just trying to say it was obvious he was far too excited about the whole thing and instead of just deciding what he liked on his own, was asking everyone else for an opinion. and i gave my opinion.

yup, black wheels with a chrome lip can be pulled off by about any car. i will still disagree that they'll go with anything though. not every car is going to look good with black wheels and a chrome lip. period.

that's my opinion. take it for what it's worth.

I personaly have no issues with what you say...

I always change my mind all the time. I never know what I want. I wanted to get peoples ideas and oppions and then come up with a solution based on my needs and your oppinons
I do appriciate everyone who told me not to get something and to get something different or hey check these out.

My last car was a 2002 impala I have never had a tuner car except my civic and it had air ride and stock wheels and then totaled...
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/3765/3341/21911670001_large.jpg

I had a 1998 GMC sonoma as well
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/1143/2641/2856320001_large.jpg

then my cavalier
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3874438/2004-chevrolet-cavalier

I dont have pictures of my civic. but I have never had black wheels. but i think they will flow pretty well on my cavalier i'm going something that I havent done before something different. and this will be a change for me as you can tell from what I used to have...

Thursday, December 02, 2010 2:03 PM
good luck bud. if that's actually what youv'e decided you want then i say rock on.

just figured i'd be the one to tell ya to slow down and decide what ya want before you listen to everyone else first.

Thursday, December 02, 2010 2:24 PM
buz-buz wrote:
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Sooo youre saying if similar wheels to ones I want for my car as cheap and close I shouldnt buy them?

Not at all. If the wheels you want are black with a chrome lip, ride that bandwagon. Ride it til the next one comes along. I prefer to have my own taste, not just follow everyone else's.

And have you ever seen a red tv?? Or Blu-Ray?? C'mon. Seriously. You're comparing apples to oranges here. ALL tvs and Blu-Rays are black. Not ALL wheels are. There is a choice. But the auto world would just rather say "Hey, black goes with anything," than to actually put some thought into it and make it unique.

Im following the @!#$ bandwagon? Really? I bought my wheels before I even joined this site or knew anything about trends or whatever. So dont judge a book by its cover. I bought them because I liked them for MY car. I dont see how its following a trend if its what I like. Guess I shouldnt buy some wheels with more lip because thats the trend now.

I dont know where youre getting this "Black is a trend thing." Its all about tasteful use and CONTRAST. Id rock some blue or pink wheels if they went with my car but they dont.

I never said ALL I said most. Read. I havent seen a lot of homes that can pull off a red TV. Maybe a few but the point Im making is COLORS so actually it is apples to apples because the same aspects of color and contrast etc apply no matter what thing we're talking about. Paintings, cars, TVs, house, anything.

Not too mention your wheels appear to be the second cousin to the wheels youre hating on.

Thursday, December 02, 2010 2:45 PM
Holy @!#$, chill Mr Igetbutthurtwaytooeasily. I'm not gonna have a e-pissing contest with you there chief. But one thing...

TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Not too mention your wheels appear to be the second cousin to the wheels youre hating on.

PUH-LEAZZZE. Mine are 18" Machined. No chrome. No polished lip. No 17" black wheel to keep up with your Civic buddies.
Here's a better look for ya, Batman--

Thursday, December 02, 2010 2:49 PM
buz-buz wrote:Holy @!#$, chill Mr Igetbutthurtwaytooeasily. I'm not gonna have a e-pissing contest with you there chief. But one thing...

TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Not too mention your wheels appear to be the second cousin to the wheels youre hating on.

PUH-LEAZZZE. Mine are 18" Machined. No chrome. No polished lip. No 17" black wheel to keep up with your Civic buddies.

repost pic....

Thursday, December 02, 2010 3:01 PM
Pic fail ftl... forgive me, I'm at work and can't see ANY pics.

There we go.

Thursday, December 02, 2010 3:31 PM

These wheels look amazing glad i went with them cant wait to see them on the car....

Thursday, December 02, 2010 3:47 PM
buz-buz wrote:Holy @!#$, chill Mr Igetbutthurtwaytooeasily. I'm not gonna have a e-pissing contest with you there chief. But one thing...

Quit trying to act like Im some kind of nutswinging Honda guy. I mean really I dont see what point youre trying to make.

I still dont see what "trend" youre talking about. I havent seen a recent blast of black wheels with polished lips. Ive seen plenty of cars throughout the years from late 70s Camaros came factory with them, my dads friend had them on his 442 years ago. I could walk through a car show in any of the past years and see several cars with black wheels. I guess building 350s is a trend too.

I dont understand this recent attitude of everyone thinking theyre different and not following "trends." When you get down to it. Someones done it before. Do what you want and move on. No sense in acting like everyone is on a certain bandwagon.

I guess whatever makes you feel like youre different.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, December 02, 2010 3:56 PM

Thursday, December 02, 2010 3:58 PM
Kooter Kicker wrote:

These wheels look amazing glad i went with them cant wait to see them on the car....

Those look a lot like mine but pointier. Should look great!

Thursday, December 02, 2010 4:01 PM
^^^^^^^ thanks,

Thursday, December 02, 2010 4:11 PM
Dude, put a band-aid over your cornhole, suck it up, and drive on. You're arguing a mute point. Of course that style wheel has BEEN around. But to say that it hasn't blown up in the past decade. Completely wrong.

TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:I could walk through a car show in any of the past years and see several cars with black wheels.

Uhh... duh? You're kinda helping me out here.

TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:I guess building 350s is a trend too.

No, that's a hobby bro. Valiant effort tho.

TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:I guess whatever makes you feel like youre different.

Exactly! Now you're getting it...

The point is to be UNIQUE. Play with the looks of it, mix and match, redefine the damn thing. Make it YOURS, not something that fits right in with THEIRS.

Thursday, December 02, 2010 4:11 PM
I was going to load a pic of mine but Photobucket is being wonky.

Thursday, December 02, 2010 8:08 PM
buz-buz wrote:
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:I guess whatever makes you feel like youre different.

Exactly! Now you're getting it...

The point is to be UNIQUE. Play with the looks of it, mix and match, redefine the damn thing. Make it YOURS, not something that fits right in with THEIRS.

Who said anyone here is trying to "fit-in" with anyone. Youre making a broad assumption. I only have one friend who builds cars and its surely not a Civic or even modified on the outside. Ive never done anything because someone has told me to as far my mods go. I mean everyone has seen something thats been done to anothers car and gone, "Oh thats cool. Id like to do that." Does that really mean youre jumping on the bandwagon? Or just doing waht you like?

I guess thats my whole point. What you see is a trend isnt what I see as a trend. What is a trend? A large group of people doing in the same thing? What is large? Its all subjective.

Friday, December 03, 2010 5:05 AM
Bless your heart. You're really stuck on that Civic comment lmao.

Friday, December 03, 2010 11:49 AM
Because in my area, a Civic is probably the trashiest most poorly modded car ever. Driven by ignorant tools.

I wouldnt want to copy their @!#$ty broken FG kits, cut springs, sunken tires, faded paint, Honda rust, and bubbly tint. Quality work.

Friday, December 03, 2010 12:47 PM
yea people with civics are nuts, they have the whole rusted hood look now and roof racks, i dont get it at all....

a lot of people in my town have stopped do up cars i dont really see tomany of them, but when i was in highschool it was like everyone had something custom on there car...

Friday, December 03, 2010 1:12 PM
You all are idoits.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Friday, December 03, 2010 1:34 PM
Tinkles wrote:You all are idoits.

Yea. Nice one, Tinkles.

Friday, December 03, 2010 1:45 PM
You see how stupid you guys are? You are dragging me down to your level.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Friday, December 03, 2010 2:12 PM
Oh, I think you've made your point Tink. We're all happy that you could chime in. As worthless as it was...

Friday, December 03, 2010 2:17 PM
Tinkles wrote:You see how stupid you guys are? You are dragging me down to your level.

Saturday, December 04, 2010 9:47 AM
Kooter Kicker wrote:yea people with civics are nuts, they have the whole rusted hood look now and roof racks, i dont get it at all....

a lot of people in my town have stopped do up cars i dont really see tomany of them, but when i was in highschool it was like everyone had something custom on there car...

Things come and go.

Five years ago it was all about having a baby blue integra with a 14 inch strait pipe coming off the back.

Three years ago, it was all about WHITE cars, with BLUE interiors. (At least here in Connecticut)

Two years ago, it was about DUBZZZZZZ And Chrysler 300s, and trying to make them look like Bentleys.

Last year- today, its all about smooooooth, and cleannnnnnn.

On the topic of rusted out parts:
They look good on certain cars. Beamers and oldschool VWs look SOOO sick rusted out. When you get a rusted out civic, then you just tell people that you're poor. Along with putting huge, obnoxious chrome rims on our cars.
Im sorry to anyone who has it, but 99% of the Js out there that have 20(Or any chrome for that matter) inch chrome just look RETARDED.
if it doesnt- then there's a chance that the owner spent a LOT of money taking it COMPLETELY away from what it looked like initially.

Im glad you went with the black ones, good luck with them, id love to see photos;
but the first set you showed us, those belong either:
On a hummer or more likely,
On Lil' Wayne's teeth.

Sunday, December 05, 2010 6:53 AM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:
azncav wrote:ill sell you my rims.. and ship them out.. 100 to ship

The Trafficstars?

haha na i was just kiddin... he would trip once i put the asking price.

Sunday, December 05, 2010 10:24 AM
azncav wrote:
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:
azncav wrote:ill sell you my rims.. and ship them out.. 100 to ship

The Trafficstars?

haha na i was just kiddin... he would trip once i put the asking price.

I was like hot damn. I need new wheels. Hahaha.

Sunday, December 05, 2010 10:30 AM
for the right price money talks. lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search