performance upgrades... - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
performance upgrades...
Wednesday, November 02, 2011 12:30 PM
OK, so I own 2002 sunfire and have had it for a year and I am getting to that stage where I want to do some aftermarket upgrades to it. But my predicament is that I am not sure the money invested into a sunfire is worth it. I know from being on this forum for awhile that the upgrades don't always increase the value of the car, and I wouldn't be doing the upgrades to race it or anything just for pleasure. So my predicament is this I could sell it and buy a mustang for about the same price. And in turn get a car that has a good reputation as a muscle car (and not get laughed at by friends lol). Thing is the parts would cost more then say sunfire upgrades. I am by no newb to being a personal mechanic as I grew up doing this kind of stuff with my father, so i would be doing everything i could possibly do so labor cost is not an issue.
I have been contemplating this for a awhile and need some thought from those who have invested time and money into upgrading the cavy or sunfire Please!

Jason

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?

Re: performance upgrades...
Wednesday, November 02, 2011 12:52 PM
Step 1

Before thining about modifying your car, sounds like you have some issues that you need to think about. Wont get much support here if you think that you will get laughed at and that it is a girls car. I see plenty of girls driving mustangs.

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 1:06 PM
Thats not my point. nor why I am starting this thread. I didnt say it was a girls car. I dont car if people laugh at me, it was more or less just a sarcastic remark.

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?
Wednesday, November 02, 2011 4:26 PM
It's your car, no one else's. If you are happy with it and you want to spend your money on it, go for it! I had a lot of fun modifying my Sunfires. I don't regret it at all. The only thing I do regret is getting rid of my 2002 Sunfire GT .

Friday, November 04, 2011 3:55 AM
Are you looking to get a new Mustang? If it's older than 2011, they are for girls. My buddy has a 07 Mustang, and come next month my J-body will be wasting his trash for less money. Plenty of my friends ask why I invest my time and money into a Cavalier. I tell them it's because I freakin love em that's why.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search