New guy with a question - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New guy with a question
Monday, February 22, 2016 9:23 AM
I have a 2004 LS Sport Cavalier. My daughter smashed the front end and I need a front bumper cover with the fog light holes. I am having difficulty finding an aftermarket front cover. My question is: Will I be able to use an aftermarket cover without the fog light holes and install the existing fog lights by removing the plastic from the openings? Or will I have to abandon the fog lights? I don't necessarily care, I just want to make sure the aftermarket cover will bolt on using the existing holes. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Re: New guy with a question
Monday, February 22, 2016 10:24 PM
U can use any 03-05 bumper. Fogs would be optional if u find a way to mount them to a non fog light bumper. In my opinion the stock bumper looks better then any aftermarket bumper for these years

ReD RaiN
Tuesday, February 23, 2016 9:30 PM
I would suggest if you cannot find anything online my tip next.Here in my area are some junkyards that soley remove parts themselves to sell to body shops and the public.These junkyards do (NOT) let customers remove parts.Next step I went to this said business and they have full access to buying auto body parts and not to costly to fit any car and to the letter.Granted these businesses do not exist in every town,city so it might be tough to find in your area.I have not personally researched into any 3rd parts to see what is available that is OEM specific.Ironically you can check out some part sites that I will list next and have shipped to your door over going thru the GM dealer.
http://www.gmpartsnow.com
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com The online sites tend to be lower cost maybe(shipping might bite).I seriously would just check the dealer as it might be more $$ cheaper than getting a used bumper all goofed up or marked up and rubbed,and crappy fit.Plus getting paint done to match is no cheap job.If I find something I will post it later.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 9:38 PM
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/chevrolet/cavalier/12335629/2004-year/ls-sport-trim/2-2l-l4-gas-engine/body-cat/bumper-and-components-front-scat/?part_name=bumper-cover Honestly check the dealer and see if the cost over the site I chose is close plus the shipping might kick up the cost.If you want a OEM bumper not damaged and just take to maaco and get painted for say around 150.00-200.00 and you install it your at 500.00 for a exact fit,color matched part.I took a hood to maaco and had colored matched for 175.00 but the benefit is a nice UN damaged part and fit and color perfect for well under a body shop to do the same work.

Sunday, February 28, 2016 6:24 AM
FWIW, GMPartsCenter.net is currently offering 10% off any order of $150.00 or more when you enter discount code LEAP at checkout. This offer is good through March 6, but they typically offer discounts every other month or so.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search