Autocrossers! - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Autocrossers!
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 3:31 PM
All J-Body Autocrossers,

1. Where are you located?
2. What region SCCA or NASA do you race with?

I want to find a local J-body to guage times with. Ive been racing for 7 years now and i have never seen a cavalier autoX!

Speed is relative. But the feeling is absolute.

Re: Autocrossers!
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 3:50 PM
I agree with the slalom comment.....................

I'll have a sig someday....................
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 4:10 PM
This should probably be in the Racing forum.

1. Located in Gainesville, Florida (host of GRM's 2005 challenge!)
2. I race with Central Florida Region and Buccaneer Region.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 6:52 PM
1) Spokane, WA
2) Our club is Autosportsnorthwest.org is not SCCA but is BMWCCA, our SCCA club is central washington.

Friday, April 01, 2005 9:18 PM
There is a bunch of us in Canada too. I`m in Atlantic Region and there are couple of cavies autocrossing at the regional level. We are actually doing very well, lots of people get surprised

CAC2004 FSS#1, 2003,2004 Atlantic FSP #1, 2004 Overall Atlantic #1

Saturday, April 02, 2005 5:07 AM
Woodstock Ontario Canada

solo 2 club

And very true with the turning heads... last season my SFGT was bone stock and was pulling better times than some slightly modded cars.

Saturday, April 02, 2005 6:57 AM
Chris, if you want you can take my cav for a autox spin and see what times you can pull with it.

Anti-Forums | ClubCav Mod | Local Forum
Sunday, April 03, 2005 6:06 PM
1)Victoria, B.C. (though I am going to run some events in Vancouver this year)
2) Our sanctioning body out here is CACC (I think you guys in Ontario are CASC?), but we follow SCCA car prep and classing rules as of this year, so more people can run across the border
Monday, April 04, 2005 3:02 AM
Omaha, Nebraska

Nebraska Region SCCA

Its a good feeling to outdrive somoene in a "better" car. I have finally been able to do that in the 1st event of my 2nd year with the help of some Azenis and polyurethane bushings.

My 2k3 Chevy | Nebraska Region SCCA
Monday, April 04, 2005 6:48 PM
Ypsilanti Michigan
Detroit scca

i took my car down for the alignment because a tech i use to work with said he would do it after hours. we anyway the rear is a pain in the ass for real. we used the E-Z shim kit and we still used shims to get the rear right anyway the rear is dead nuts zero toe and 1deg camber and the front toe is +.03 and 2deg camber the thing is on rails now i cannot believe how much the alignment changes the car, and it was free

see ya!

Monday, April 04, 2005 6:54 PM
novaracer wrote:the rear is dead nuts zero toe and 1deg camber and the front toe is +.03 and 2deg camber the thing is on rails now i cannot believe how much the alignment changes the car, and it was free

is that set up good for freeway hadling? and can you tell us how that set up differs from stock... sorry do not mean to highjack but it would be good info to know

thanks

Monday, April 04, 2005 7:51 PM
^^ it rides good until you hit a big bump but then again it is still controlled as far as dampening goes and drives straight as a arrow. before when it was stock it felt floaty in the rear going down the freeway now it is locked down and tight. the fun comes when the road bends the car is on rails thats all i can say it is a weapon in the turns fast and slow curves. I noticed that before the the suspension and i turned in trying to hit the apex the car was too soft and floppy then you could not get on the power very hard because it would spin the inside wheel or push like a pig lol. but now it turns in like a razor and you can get on the power and still steer the car. now i enter a curve hit my apex and mat it thinking man i could have went in to the corner faster i have never driven a car that handles this good ever! i love this cav in the words of my wife after i took her for a ride there is no reason for a street car to stick like that you are going to kill your self

see ya!

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 11:01 AM
nova, wait untill you drive something like an M3. Cavaliers suck.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 4:46 PM
what are some good auto crossing mods i just put on a front strut bar and i love it.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 5:29 PM
The front strut bar is nothing compared to a rear sway bar. I would suggest picking up the Addco bar. A good set or race tires is important too. The most important mod is yourself. Practice makes perfect and you need lots of practice with autocross to get decent at it.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 9:29 PM
Zach wrote:nova, wait untill you drive something like an M3. Cavaliers suck.
i have driven s2000's preludes, porshe's924's 944's a 2000 911 twin turbo ex test car and a few c4 &5 vetts and for a FWD it handle's very well i would never thought it would be hooked up as well as it is very forgiving and easy to go fast i think but we will see Sunday at my first autox of the season I was a Honda tech a few years back at Howard cooper Honda VW Audi porshe dealer in ann arbor thats where i did the alignment I have driven a lot of car even some tuner cars.

see ya!

Friday, April 08, 2005 8:13 AM
For me:

Regional Series: CASR-OR Ontario Regionals
Club Series: WOSCA - Woodstock, ON
Next winter: Ice racing in Minden, ON!!! (not with the Cavalier though, I'm using my Sentra since it's already dented)

Saturday, April 09, 2005 4:06 PM
AutoXChris wrote:All J-Body Autocrossers,

1. Where are you located?
2. What region SCCA or NASA do you race with?

1- Westland, MI\
2- Detroit SCCA member, also race alot with the NWOR (northwest Ohio region), I run the CenDiv series, and plan to hit at 2 ProSolos and the Finale this year (though not sure which car.) There is also a number of local clubs under one banner, Detroit Council, that I attend events with around the area.

Lightweight honDuhs can kiss my fat Crapalier a$$
A new autoX ride for '08.....
Sunday, April 10, 2005 12:59 PM
Well i did my first autox with the new setup i dont know how i finished but i think i did well autoxfool co drove with me he was 4tenths faster than me. but then again he is just faster she pushed a good bit because the rear tire pressure was too low but all in all i am happy i beat alot of people with green tires and a bad push i ran a 46.5xx and autoxfool ran 46.1xx

see ya!

Sunday, April 10, 2005 5:55 PM
novaracer wrote:Well i did my first autox with the new setup i dont know how i finished but i think i did well autoxfool co drove with me he was 4tenths faster than me. but then again he is just faster she pushed a good bit because the rear tire pressure was too low but all in all i am happy i beat alot of people with green tires and a bad push i ran a 46.5xx and autoxfool ran 46.1xx

Wonder if anyone got into the 45s. I did on my first run, but alas, it was dirty. 4 runs today, think I killed 6 cones already.

Sunday, April 10, 2005 6:51 PM
i killed 1 cone
hey Sean how was my car power wise? i think it is weak down low

see ya!

Monday, April 11, 2005 11:13 AM
novaracer wrote:Well i did my first autox with the new setup i dont know how i finished but i think i did well autoxfool co drove with me he was 4tenths faster than me. but then again he is just faster she pushed a good bit because the rear tire pressure was too low but all in all i am happy i beat alot of people with green tires and a bad push i ran a 46.5xx and autoxfool ran 46.1xx

Where was the auto-x located...I live in the det metro area and am interested in attending some auto-x's...and didn't see any listed for last weekend...
Monday, April 11, 2005 5:12 PM
A Fox wrote:

Where was the auto-x located...I live in the det metro area and am interested in attending some auto-x's...and didn't see any listed for last weekend...
man it was at the pole town caddilac assembly plant lot F i think anyway there is a solo school the 23-24 this month me or sean will post the events as they come up on http://www.j-bom.com/forum/default.asp you are more than welcome to come and run your car and go for rides

see ya!

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 5:22 AM
novaracer wrote:i killed 1 cone
hey Sean how was my car power wise? i think it is weak down low

Yes, your car is weaker down low, I could tell the difference immediately going off in 1st gear. Perhaps 15s and shorter gearing would help the ole Ecotec's more so than the Quads.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 9:53 AM
novaracer wrote:
A Fox wrote:

man it was at the pole town caddilac assembly plant lot F i think anyway there is a solo school the 23-24 this month me or sean will post the events as they come up on http://www.j-bom.com/forum/default.asp you are more than welcome to come and run your car and go for rides

I'm signed up for the school and am looking forward to attending
do you know if Sean is an instructor?...
I'm used to F and Y cars, can't seem to get a handle on this front drive low power stuff and need a lot of help....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search