Roll Cage - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Roll Cage
Thursday, November 10, 2005 9:41 PM
who make a good roll cage for are car thats nhra aproved casue id like to get ine in the next few months.

12.7@110MPH with 10PSI.

Re: Roll Cage
Thursday, November 10, 2005 11:11 PM
None, which is NHRA approved. but some of the ones which are pre made you can prolly TURN into NHRA approved but I dont think its worth it.

Are you running 11.99 or quicker that you need a roll bar? Also if your talking about a cage.... are you running 9.99 or quicker?

Friday, November 11, 2005 3:06 PM
i am pretty sure Jegs makes one if not i know

Competition Engineering makes one............

Friday, November 11, 2005 3:33 PM
is there a direct link to the IHRA or NHRA regulations for roll bars?

Friday, November 11, 2005 4:02 PM
In the rule book yes there is a section which tells you exactly what the specs should be. Not quiet sure on the page number but its in there . . .

Friday, November 11, 2005 6:32 PM
eh I was hoping they'd be published online, instead of having to buy the book for one question.

no problem

Friday, November 11, 2005 8:56 PM
the book is only like 5 bucks lol has ALOT of usefull information in it

Friday, November 11, 2005 9:10 PM
the book is online. all you have to do is SEARCH their site. are people that lazy that they wont even click over to another site and get them? the 2006 version should be on the front page since it was just released

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Friday, November 11, 2005 10:17 PM
and look at that. Karo makes it super easy for all the lazy people. now you have no excuses.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Saturday, November 12, 2005 12:55 AM
wow way to jump down someones throat guys, that's awfully mature of you.

I searched the IHRA website for their regulations, but couldn't find it, it really was a simple question that didn't require to much of a thought process. It wasn't that I was too lazy.

thanks for being internet queens

Saturday, November 12, 2005 4:55 AM
Try swracecars.com in PA.
They have kits for Cavs and are big drag racers.
"Some welding required"
Saturday, November 12, 2005 10:21 AM
And the jbody-org "Search Police" are in full force again. WTG fellas. There's just no use for that kind of immaturity. If you are going to jump down a guy's throat, maybe give him the search term you used and be helpful?

Saturday, November 12, 2005 11:32 AM
Karo (Car Customs) wrote:Are you running 11.99 or quicker that you need a roll bar? Also if your talking about a cage.... are you running 9.99 or quicker?

They lowered the time on the roll bar. Down to 11.49 or quicker.

Too many factory cars coming out that can run upper 11's.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747
Some blinker fluid and a couple muffler bearings.

Saturday, November 12, 2005 2:13 PM
Mr. Luos wrote:
Karo (Car Customs) wrote:Are you running 11.99 or quicker that you need a roll bar? Also if your talking about a cage.... are you running 9.99 or quicker?

NHRA rules are 11.99 or quicker you need a 6 point roll bar.
NDRA and IHRA rules are 11.49 or quicker you need a 6 point roll bar.

Monday, November 14, 2005 1:51 PM
and a CAGE is manditory at 10.99 if the floor from the firewall back is NOT still stock

i am a IHRA tech inspectot

Monday, November 14, 2005 3:00 PM
VIPERREDZED wrote:and a CAGE is manditory at 10.99 if the floor from the firewall back is NOT still stock

i am a IHRA tech inspectot

Not to question your knowledge or anything but are you sure its not 9.99 or quicker?

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 11:45 AM
if the floor of the car from the Firewall BACK is altered (like aluminum floor and stuff like that) it is 10.99 but if the floor of the car is basically STOCK from the firewall back its 9.99

there are a bunch of grey areas in the rules they are trying to rule out too

like ALLL supercharged or Turbo cars that are NOT factory equiped a Engine Diaper is manditory but then cars that come with it stock can just go know what i mean its a discrepency lol

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 3:03 PM
VIPERREDZED wrote:if the floor of the car from the Firewall BACK is altered (like aluminum floor and stuff like that) it is 10.99 but if the floor of the car is basically STOCK from the firewall back its 9.99

there are a bunch of grey areas in the rules they are trying to rule out too

like ALLL supercharged or Turbo cars that are NOT factory equiped a Engine Diaper is manditory but then cars that come with it stock can just go know what i mean its a discrepency lol

Okie dokie, makes sense. Thanks.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 4:42 PM
no prob Karo there are a bunch of rules that all tie intogether too Like when you put a full Cage in your car a window net is manditorylots of little things that are a pain in the ass like seat belts gotta be replaced every 2 years where some things are 4 or 5 or 10 years lol damn SFI ratings always changing haha

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 9:51 AM
Oh I know.. I had 2 new G Force belts which the date ended on, so I had to sell them for like 50$ and spend another 200$ on a set of new belts which will be done with in less than 6 months

Thursday, November 17, 2005 11:48 AM
A good thing to know about the Belts if youw anna sell them Amature Circle tracks like ENduro races and stuff they JUST need the belts the SFI does not matter so if you know people that do that there is always a good place to sell you belts and holy crap 200 US for belts

I only Pay 140 CDN for brand new Simpson belts thats in a Top Sportsman Nova that runs 8.30s

Friday, November 18, 2005 10:41 AM
Karo (Car Customs) wrote:
Mr. Luos wrote:

NHRA rules are 11.99 or quicker you need a 6 point roll bar.
NDRA and IHRA rules are 11.49 or quicker you need a 6 point roll bar.

NHRA just changed the rules because you can go to a dealer buy a car and go to the track and get kicked out on the first pass. the new rule requires a 6 point bar once you break 11.49

http://nhra.com/APCM/templates/news_template.asp?articleid=1818&zoneid=8
Sunday, November 20, 2005 7:34 PM
wiat maby I'm stupid or somthing but these are your mods-
Engine:

* AEM CAI Soild mounts(upper
* lower
* trans
* c-arm) Weapon-R 4-2-1 Header Magnaflow cat Custom 2 1/2 catback w/ N1 muffler Spec stage 3 clutch

Suspension/Wheels/Brakes:

* Drop Zone stuts and spirng R1 coilovers Sport Max 17's Nankang NS1 tires

Interior:

* Custom Short throw shifter

Exterior:

* Carbon Fiber Hood silver front boe tie section(the removeable part) Carbon Fiber Tails

Audio:

* pair of 10's

And you are running low 15's if you can drive. You dont need a cage. You have lowering springs, so you reallu can't corner the best either. What is the point of a rollbar? Unless you are afraid of flipping your car somehow, you really dont need one and can use the same money to get your car to be quicker or corner better. Maby I'm stupid, but I don't see a real reason.......

1971 camaro 427 --- here!

Stock... and loving every minute of it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search