02 eco..best way to launch? 1/4 mile - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
02 eco..best way to launch? 1/4 mile
Sunday, April 13, 2008 5:57 PM
So with summer comming around, i am going to be hitting the tracks =) last year i only did it once. my question is, what is the best way to launch? When i ran the one time last year, i staged my car at 2500rpm. when i launched it seemed i got alot of wheel hop and my ABS started to activate. It kinda slowed me down. I know its kind of a dumb question, but i thought maybe someone can give me som good advice! Thanks!

Re: 02 eco..best way to launch? 1/4 mile
Sunday, April 13, 2008 7:18 PM
ABS activated?!

------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, April 13, 2008 7:26 PM
that it did. the abs light would stay on untill i turned the car off then when i started it, it would be gone. somtimes it will come on while im just driving and im applying the brakes and i hit a bump. but i think its because of my sus. it likes to bounce around a little bit.
Sunday, April 13, 2008 7:51 PM
If the abs activated, there must have been a problem with the sensors when the wheels hopped. Check the wires that lead to the sensors, and the sensors themselves. I dont know if them being lose would cause a problem, but I guess its possible.
Monday, April 14, 2008 7:39 AM
im interested on how to launch too.. I got the 03.

http://www.jbodytuner.com
^^ The real jbody store!!!!!
Monday, April 14, 2008 9:55 AM
Drive the car??

Monday, April 14, 2008 11:53 AM
Practice. people can give you advice till there red in the face. all cars and all drivers are different.

I for 1 slip the clutch for the first 10-15 feet to make sure it grabs hard

Monday, April 14, 2008 1:14 PM
So you dont just dump it? just ride it just for taking off?
Monday, April 14, 2008 4:49 PM
Monday, April 14, 2008 6:07 PM
^ ha nice vid

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 6:05 AM
That was a pretty cool video. It would have been helpful also to see the tach to see what the revs are doing too. You should try and video tape your feet too. I always wanted to do that to myself and see what me feet are doing.

OP: There isn't much more to tell you than what everyone else is saying with practice. Remember that wheel spin is not always a bad thing if you can keep it under control. When I went to the track last fall I was launching around 3300. The tires spun slightly until 5k then caught traction. I was running 2.2 60' times all day long. You just need to get out for more practice because the track is nothing like driving on the street.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 7:11 AM
i rarely spin tires on launch and get 2.0 60's

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 9:16 PM
drive off like you are a stop light. thats how i do. or you get wheel hop and your dash sounds and feels like its going to fall out.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 9:27 PM
jmccormick wrote:drive off like you are a stop light. thats how i do.

i guess thats why you run 16s eh?

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 9:54 PM
lol could be. either way. id rather take off slow then sit there and fry the tires for the same amount of time. its a cavalier. and whoever races a cavalier on a serious level needs help. i was just having fun.
Thursday, April 17, 2008 8:17 AM
jmccormick wrote:lol could be. either way. id rather take off slow then sit there and fry the tires for the same amount of time.

Or do neither and just buy a new clutch after a while

Thursday, April 17, 2008 9:04 AM
you = retard

Thursday, April 17, 2008 9:05 AM
jmccormick wrote:lol could be. either way. id rather take off slow then sit there and fry the tires for the same amount of time. its a cavalier. and whoever races a cavalier on a serious level needs help. i was just having fun.
you= retard

Thursday, April 17, 2008 10:34 AM
jmccormick wrote:lol could be. either way. id rather take off slow then sit there and fry the tires for the same amount of time. its a cavalier. and whoever races a cavalier on a serious level needs help. i was just having fun.

so i guess those running 11 seconds in a cavalier needs help then too???

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, April 17, 2008 1:01 PM

I used to bracket race my stock cavalier on a very competitive level ended up being street class champion 2 times once in 91 Z24 auto and then in 96 Z24 5 speed was also the over all track champ when i had the 91 Z24.

Thursday, April 17, 2008 7:29 PM
VIPERREDZED wrote:

I used to bracket race my stock cavalier on a very competitive level ended up being street class champion 2 times once in 91 Z24 auto and then in 96 Z24 5 speed was also the over all track champ when i had the 91 Z24.

i bracket raced my 99 z24 for a number of years. last year i was 2nd in points in my class. year before i ended up 3rd. i probaly could of made a decent run at 1st place but i missed a few races due to work

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!

Thursday, April 17, 2008 7:39 PM
And when it all comes down to it. its still a cavalier..... a car made for economy. not running down the track.
Thursday, April 17, 2008 7:40 PM
islandEcotec wrote:
you= retard

is that all you could come up with? you= retard. wow i hope you had to think long and hard on that one.
Thursday, April 17, 2008 9:30 PM
jmccormick wrote:And when it all comes down to it. its still a cavalier..... a car made for economy. not running down the track.

honestly if you have a prob with racing cavaliers, please get out the RACING section of these forums. or just get off the j-body.org if you have such a prob with these cars...

Friday, April 18, 2008 3:11 AM
Or he could just take his Mustang with nothing really more than a 308 crate motor, a decent cam, and a 4 barrel, to the track and get his butt handed to him by some of the Caveliers on this site.... then maybee he would understand.

BTW... WTF is a 308W.... I've heard of a 351W or 351C...... but never a 308 windsor.

(sorry dude.... but you really need a taste of your own medicine and Mustangs arn't exactly gold either)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search