faster M62 - Page 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: faster M62
Saturday, January 23, 2010 6:23 PM
jared methe wrote:

or you just drop the m62 and slap on a harrop and you should be able to do big things


It is not that simple. The HTV1320 + stock L61 = time bomb.




219whp - I <3 whine


Re: faster M62
Saturday, January 23, 2010 10:39 PM
ahhh forgot stock bottom end. but i dont think the m62 will yield much lower then what airtonics did with out weight reduction like crazy and alot of track time with some slicks....

even this cavy with the harrop is just getting to low twelves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzmT4kC-FsI



http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2623318



Re: faster M62
Sunday, January 24, 2010 8:46 AM
jared methe wrote:

ahhh forgot stock bottom end. but i dont think the m62 will yield much lower then what airtonics did with out weight reduction like crazy and alot of track time with some slicks....

even this cavy with the harrop is just getting to low twelves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzmT4kC-FsI


this cavy are patrick the same who do the 12.48 with a stock head and stock block probably with a full build that can be possible

in the video he have a forged piston and the harrop of more but he have some trouble with the timing his set up was able to touch the 11.XX but he change his set up for a a turbo set up
Re: faster M62
Sunday, January 24, 2010 8:48 AM
Jbdy04 wrote:

ZZP claims this:

Fastest M62 powered Cobalt- 12.32@ 114+

Fastest M62 powered Ion- 12.2@ 119+


have you some information about the Cobalt and the ION set up
Re: faster M62
Sunday, January 24, 2010 5:01 PM
You guys are a build, pulleys and a bottle away...

Chris




'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Re: faster M62
Sunday, January 24, 2010 9:10 PM
^^^^Tis true, but finances are slowing it down.




219whp - I <3 whine

Re: faster M62
Monday, January 25, 2010 2:39 PM
ericchevcavalier wrote:

Jbdy04 wrote:

ZZP claims this:

Fastest M62 powered Cobalt- 12.32@ 114+

Fastest M62 powered Ion- 12.2@ 119+


have you some information about the Cobalt and the ION set up


look at their web site: www.zzpperformance.com



Re: faster M62
Monday, January 25, 2010 7:29 PM
that's the first i've seen the harrop'd cavalier... that thing boogies!!



Re: faster M62
Sunday, February 14, 2010 9:17 AM
whats the stock the 1/4 mile time for the m62 on a stock ecotec?



Mods: Synapse Charge Piping, Short Throw, Bad-Mab Dp, Dejon Intake, BYT Tuned!
Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.
Re: faster M62
Monday, February 15, 2010 8:13 PM
KbRedCavy wrote:

whats the stock the 1/4 mile time for the m62 on a stock ecotec?


too many variables still. i'd guess mid 14's w/ no track experience and street tires.


my carDomain updated 10/31/09 Forged and Supercharged


Re: faster M62
Thursday, February 18, 2010 10:02 AM
s1lver_N1p (forum_Naz1) wrote:

KbRedCavy wrote:

whats the stock the 1/4 mile time for the m62 on a stock ecotec?


too many variables still. i'd guess mid 14's w/ no track experience and street tires.


have you had the chance to run your's with the ported blower?




Re: faster M62
Friday, February 19, 2010 9:13 AM
why do people always dis-count the stock L61 head?

have you naysayers actually ever SEEN the ports of one? they are MASSIVE.



Re: faster M62
Friday, February 19, 2010 11:24 AM
strat81 wrote:

s1lver_N1p (forum_Naz1) wrote:

KbRedCavy wrote:

whats the stock the 1/4 mile time for the m62 on a stock ecotec?


too many variables still. i'd guess mid 14's w/ no track experience and street tires.


have you had the chance to run your's with the ported blower?


yep. 14.413. lookin back a lot of factor may have inhibited a better time (heat exchanger not properly flowing, lack of time to tune more, low compression in 2 cylinders). hopin to get a lot better this summer.


my carDomain updated 10/31/09 Forged and Supercharged


Re: faster M62
Thursday, February 25, 2010 4:39 PM
i'll be curious to see what you can run once you get it all sorted out.



Re: faster M62
Friday, February 26, 2010 5:36 PM
strat81 wrote:

i'll be curious to see what you can run once you get it all sorted out.


me 2, this cold & wet weather is a drag. ha.


my carDomain updated 10/31/09 Forged and Supercharged


Re: faster M62
Friday, February 26, 2010 8:31 PM
tell me about it... going to pickup the m62 tomorrow for my sedan but it's gonna be a bit till it even goes on.



Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search