Another J-Body Match Race like TVR held last year? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Another J-Body Match Race like TVR held last year?
Thursday, January 31, 2008 9:35 AM
I just got done watching the TVR Shootout video PJ so graciously made (Good work ), and I had a craving to race with those J's again.

I don't know about you guys, but I had a blast with the J's who showed up to Great Lakes Dragaway last year for the TVR Shootout and I think we should plan something similar again. A discussion about when and where is fine to me, but I would prefer to get to a track that has a little better prep than GLD because I know I'll be coming back with a lot more power and I know many others will be too.

As far as the same area, there is Route 66 and Byron (actually a well done track that is allowed to run into the night now i hear?!?!?). So have at it, throw out the ideas. I just wanna talk racing because hell, January is over in a few hours

Street-Legal 2003 Sunfire 10.58 @ 139 MPH

Re: Another J-Body Match Race like TVR held last year?
Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:31 AM
The TVR shootout was fun. I wouldn't mind going again, wherever it's held (within reasonable distance though...I'm not pulling a PJ, lol).

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:40 AM
I would like to see it happen again, maybe a little later in the year. I would like ot try and bring a car or 2 to this.

FU Tuning

Thursday, January 31, 2008 11:02 AM
Yeah, late june isn't enough time to get everything straightened out on the cars especially with all of the new projects people are doiong this winter. What kind of meet do we want to have? There are bracket races at all tracks, but I think we all had a better time with fun runs and match races. I've already ruled out 66, trust me... Test N Tune nights there are a joke, I'm lucky to get 4-5 passes a night lol. Byron is sounding good to me. My dad busted his first 10 second pass in our street Eclipse at that track, so I know it has traction and it doesn't get half as busy as Route 66. It's a bit more populated then GLD and has cars with slicks to put some rubber down that the street tires pick up (I think I was one of three that had slicks at GLD lol), but I don't want to hear anymore annoying Rotaries...you know what I'm talking about if you went last year.......lol

Thursday, January 31, 2008 1:37 PM
^^^^ LOL. Were those really old Datsuns with the weedwackers in them? I can't remember.

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Thursday, January 31, 2008 4:07 PM
i would say Team GREEN is game....

if i can get my damn Eprom burner to work!
#&*^%&@#^&

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Thursday, January 31, 2008 4:21 PM
yeah i live like 30 mins from byron. or an hour away from Cordova Dragway. both are decent tracks.

Monday, February 04, 2008 7:37 AM
I'd be game.. unsure of when my car will be finished but its looking like this will be one more year all motor.. there's lots of new stuff I'm itching to try out

(subscribed)

Monday, February 04, 2008 7:50 AM
byron

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Monday, February 04, 2008 10:18 AM
It seems as though Byron will be the track. And yes, I noticed your sig no longer talks about boost and such PJ, im itching to see whats itching you...haha please don't take that the wrong way lol.

I'll check Byron's schedule and try to work out a time that works for most.

Monday, February 04, 2008 12:00 PM
Give me and Brandon a little time to finalize some things and there will be a nice suprise.

Let's just say that my car isn't going to be sitting still at the track much longer. MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26

Monday, February 04, 2008 2:34 PM
let me know too, im 30 minutes from my house to byron and want to try to get some good times and tunes down with the new set up. wouldnt be going for the gold or anything but would be nice time to test and tune.

Monday, February 04, 2008 2:49 PM
I can make it up this year. Another boosted Cav is always a good thing to have.

Monday, February 04, 2008 2:58 PM
When? Route 66 has impossible tech to pass from what I hear. Byron is usually a breeze.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Monday, February 04, 2008 3:09 PM
where is the byron track located?

The one, the only, ME.
2465 lbs without me
141 hp @ 6300 (ran out of rpms)
123 ft lbs @ 5200
running lean stock ECU
Monday, February 04, 2008 6:03 PM
nevermind i found it. i apoligize

The one, the only, ME.
2465 lbs without me
141 hp @ 6300 (ran out of rpms)
123 ft lbs @ 5200
running lean stock ECU
Monday, February 04, 2008 6:03 PM
Depending upon when, I may make an appearance.

12.770 @ 111.99 Intercooled Eaton M62

Monday, February 04, 2008 6:15 PM
Byron, IL

Monday, February 04, 2008 6:18 PM
this is going to be fairly close to bash time....why not just do it there? This year is going to be a lot bigger, and is looking to include GM involvement.

Monday, February 04, 2008 9:00 PM
why not have 2? or have the bash races and have this one so people can get out and race for the heck of it.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 4:21 AM
because being this close to each other, people can't do this event, and then the following week take off again...I think it'd hurt both events. By all means, I'm not gonna throw a hissy if you decide to anyways...just trying to save you guys the necessary troubles of going out and getting a track when the legwork is almost done in a similar time frame.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 4:35 AM
Why not do this a lil earlier like in May? The bash is in July, correct?

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 7:15 AM
not for sure...but thats the target time frame

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 7:32 AM
May would run into dells

what about after the bash?

I'm just itching to race

I'll be at every event this summer anyways

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 7:43 AM
I don't care when personally, but I think I would like to do this little event first...Kind of like a little taste of the Bash.

Paul, the reason we (Or at least I) want to hold this little event is for the racers. Unfortunately, the GM Bash is full of street cars that destroy the starting line in an hour. Leaving no rubber for the cars that need it to run some good times. At Byron on a Test N Tune or a bracket day with fun runs, there be plenty of cars with slicks laying down some rubber to keep the track traction healthy and everyone has a better chance of busting off a big number. Not to mention the heat and humidity in July is much worse than May or even June.

Skunk, Yes 66 has NHRA techs and therefore you must comply to all NHRA rules, which is a reason why Byron is the track we are going to.

Let me know the weekends that work for you guys. The weekend of June 28th and 29th works good for me. The girlfriend will be in Italy for the week before and that weekend so I will have plenty of time to prepare and race .

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search