Rawr... fiero wont start... Thoughts? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rawr... fiero wont start... Thoughts?
Monday, August 13, 2007 4:02 PM
Ok FYI i dont know jack all about cars yet lol so bare with me.

I go out to start up my car to go for a drive, it fires up just fine (but idles high (this is another problem i already knew about)), i hear a whineing sound that sounded like a belt of some sort, so i pop the trunk and take a peak. As soon as i die it just flat out dies, no drop in RPMs (that i remember) it just died. Now it cranks but doesn't start. This is gunna sound dumb but i dont know what i should check first What should i do to narrow down the problem? BTW, not sure if it matters or not but i JUST finished washing my car bout 10min before this, i hosed down the rear deck (where the engine is) and water got down under the vents on either side, on the right side under the vent is the battery, on the left side under the vent is the air filter houseing and the fuel pump. Is it possible one of these components got wet and this could be a cause for my problem? Im gunna let her dry out for awhile and try again. Any help is most welcome, as i need this car tomorrow.

Re: Rawr... fiero wont start... Thoughts?
Monday, August 13, 2007 4:57 PM
Well, for a car to run you need 3 things. Spark, air, and fuel. Now I'm guessing since you just washed it, something probably got wet. I'd start to see if it's getting spark.

Quote:

Watching you parade around my bedroom in a thong was a little like watching sea lions mate.

Monday, August 13, 2007 5:00 PM
Ok, i was thinking that also. Something just crossed my mind, the rear plugs are at the rear of the engine (closest to the front of the car) when i opened the deck lid some water ran down, its possible they got on the plugs. Now, how do i safely check to see if the plugs are getting a spark?
Monday, August 13, 2007 5:02 PM
Stick your finger in the plug wires, and get someone to turn the key haha no, don't do that. Sounds to me water was dumped right on the plugs/wires.. Need to find a way to dry them out. I know spraying wd-40 around the area would help, since that displaces water.

Quote:

Watching you parade around my bedroom in a thong was a little like watching sea lions mate.

Monday, August 13, 2007 5:34 PM
Hmm ok maybe ill try that. I got another ride for tomorrow so maybe it drying overnight would be enough?
Monday, August 13, 2007 6:42 PM
Yeah, it might.. Leave the hood open a little maybe, if you don't have to worry about people @!#$ with it that is.

Quote:

Monday, August 13, 2007 8:01 PM
I would, but i dont wanna risk people messing with @!#$. I got a replacement ride till thursday so that should be enough time id hope. Im gunna attempt to push it into the garage tomorrow, its gunna be interesting though cuz its on an incline lol
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search