The mods are complete on the '09 Vibe GT - 50+ pics! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The mods are complete on the '09 Vibe GT - 50+ pics!
Saturday, August 22, 2009 7:25 PM
Well, I said I wasn't going to do much to the Vibe and I meant it. I am officially done with the modifications on it.

I spent about six hours detailing it inside and out today, so I decided to do a driveway photoshoot. I ended up taking about 50 pictures.

Here are pictures of all the modifications:

K&N Typhoon silver powder coated cold air intake with an AEM DryFlow air filter

Sylvania Silver Star bulbs (9145 & 9006 / 9005) in the fog & headlights

Just the headlights

Headlights & fog lights

Brights

35% tinted windows

"PONTIAC VIBE GT" badges & dealer sticker removed from the hatch & silver GenVibe.com sticker

GM all weather floor & cargo mats

Cobra 10 band extra sensory detection radar/laser detector (hard wired)

The rest of the pictures can be seen on CarDomain.

Thanks for looking.

Re: The mods are complete on the '09 Vibe GT - 50+ pics!
Saturday, August 22, 2009 9:09 PM
thats it ? boooooo booooooo

looks good though

Saturday, August 22, 2009 9:19 PM
Looks good!

Sunday, August 23, 2009 8:15 AM
97cavie24ls wrote:thats it ? boooooo booooooo

looks good though

Yep, that's it. There really isn't much made for the Vibe/Matrix so even if I wanted to do anything else, there really isn't much else to do, but it's fine the way it is and I couldn't be happier with it the way it is. Plus I acutally have money in my bank account now ! It's nice only having to worry about regular maintenance and keeping it clean.

Dave Z wrote:Looks good!

Thanks!

Sunday, August 23, 2009 9:10 AM
I like it... simple with a little personal touch

Sunday, August 23, 2009 9:28 AM
Thanks! Simple was my goal with it because it's already a great car from the factory.

Sunday, August 23, 2009 12:14 PM
wonder how it would look with the lights tinted and or painted

gotta love the growing bank account , means you can pay it off sooner if you choose , though i bet you are kinda missing the fun of modding it

Sunday, August 23, 2009 12:15 PM
Holy F-ck look at those floor mats!!!!

You're free to mod a car as you like, but was this really post worthy? showing off your floor mats? You love this car a bit too much brother.

Sunday, August 23, 2009 12:22 PM
Brocklanders wrote:Holy F-ck look at those floor mats!!!!

You're free to mod a car as you like, but was this really post worthy? showing off your floor mats? You love this car a bit too much brother.

...you...go away... SHE is just showing off a few things she has doen to her car...chill out..you didn't have to come in here.

anyways...car is lookin clean..nice work

Sunday, August 23, 2009 1:53 PM
Wow, i actually like the the vibe....

The only suggestions I have...

Catch all mats. If you really want to keep the floor nice, the ones you have are worthless

And if you have enough wire left, move that radar to the center and down on the windshield...Best coverage

Sunday, August 23, 2009 2:09 PM
i cant say i really like how these look, i like yours more then most i see though.. but i have this feeling it would look dead sexy slammed or on air.. just has that look like it needs to be only like a inch off the ground and would be tits...

Sunday, August 23, 2009 2:41 PM
97cavie24ls wrote:wonder how it would look with the lights tinted and or painted

gotta love the growing bank account , means you can pay it off sooner if you choose , though i bet you are kinda missing the fun of modding it

There's a guy on GenVibe with a red '09 GT who lightly tinted the headlights and fog lights. I don't think he has tinted the taillights yet, but I am just not really a fan of tinted lights. I think it looks good on some cars but I don't think it would look very good on the Vibe. Just my $.02.

Yes, a growing bank account is definitely a good thing. I miss the GT. I definitely never should have got rid of it, but oh well too late now .

OhForKavy wrote:anyways...car is lookin clean..nice work

Thanks!

Rosario wrote:Wow, i actually like the the vibe....

Catch all mats. If you really want to keep the floor nice, the ones you have are worthless

And if you have enough wire left, move that radar to the center and down on the windshield...Best coverage

Thanks!

I have seen floor mats like those, but I prefer the ones I have because they have the Vibe and Pontiac logos on them and because they match the cargo mat. Thanks for the heads up though .

As far as the radar detector goes, this particular one I have said right in the owner's manual that to get the best coverage it should be above the level of the back of the back seat so IDK. I'll definitely look into it though.

Stephen (manta z) wrote:i cant say i really like how these look, i like yours more then most i see though.. but i have this feeling it would look dead sexy slammed or on air.. just has that look like it needs to be only like a inch off the ground and would be tits...

I agree that it would look good lower, unfortunately lowering it is a major deal because of the suspension setup it has. Things need to be re-set and re-programmed by the dealer. It's not really worth it IMO. Plus I like not having to worry so much about pot holes and bumps and such (although I still drive like I'm driving the Sedan on Pro Kits and blown AGXs ).

Sunday, August 23, 2009 3:23 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:
97cavie24ls wrote:wonder how it would look with the lights tinted and or painted

There's a guy on GenVibe with a red '09 GT who lightly tinted the headlights and fog lights. I don't think he has tinted the taillights yet, but I am just not really a fan of tinted lights. I think it looks good on some cars but I don't think it would look very good on the Vibe. Just my $.02.

Yes, a growing bank account is definitely a good thing. I miss the GT. I definitely never should have got rid of it, but oh well too late now .

OhForKavy wrote:anyways...car is lookin clean..nice work

Thanks!

Rosario wrote:Wow, i actually like the the vibe....

Thanks!

I have seen floor mats like those, but I prefer the ones I have because they have the Vibe and Pontiac logos on them and because they match the cargo mat. Thanks for the heads up though .

As far as the radar detector goes, this particular one I have said right in the owner's manual that to get the best coverage it should be above the level of the back of the back seat so IDK. I'll definitely look into it though.

Alright, well they make the matching cargo mats and some of them actually allow you to put a stiched logo on.

And yeah it should be above the head rest, it should also be centered, and below the tint line at the top of the window...

Sunday, August 23, 2009 3:25 PM
I think it looks hott. Do they run good?

Sunday, August 23, 2009 3:41 PM
Rosario wrote:Alright, well they make the matching cargo mats and some of them actually allow you to put a stiched logo on.

And yeah it should be above the head rest, it should also be centered, and below the tint line at the top of the window...

The ones you listed aren't available for Vibes according to the search feature . I was, however looking at these ones. They have a matching cargo liner too, but of course it doesn't fit the GT (damn subwoofer) .

I am going to see about moving the radar detector over by the mirror. I don't want it breaking apart in my face if the airbag deploys anway .

GTmatters wrote:I think it looks hott. Do they run good?

Thanks! Yes, it runs great. It's quick and the intake gives it a nice sound. Not annoying, but enough to make it sound good.

Sunday, August 23, 2009 4:45 PM
Wow looking good! It definitely has the same theme as your sunfire, super clean and simple. There are mods done to the car but it all looks factory which I think is awesome!

Sunday, August 23, 2009 5:09 PM
hmm , think i mentioned the radar detector needed to be moved right after you got it , lol

i think tinted with the silver vibe it would look better than it would on red

Sunday, August 23, 2009 5:33 PM
Chris B. wrote:Wow looking good! It definitely has the same theme as your sunfire, super clean and simple. There are mods done to the car but it all looks factory which I think is awesome!

Thanks Chris! It definitely has the same feel as the Sunfires. It is actually all factory really, but it's clean and simple which is obviously what I like.

97cavie24ls wrote:hmm , think i mentioned the radar detector needed to be moved right after you got it , lol

i think tinted with the silver vibe it would look better than it would on red

Yeah yeah yeah .

True, I agree it would probably look better on silver, but I actually like the way the lights look with the chrome and black and all. We'll see what the future holds.

Sunday, August 23, 2009 6:13 PM
I like it. Simple easy mods on an already loaded and great looking Vibe. (Still prefer the Matrix though )

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Tuesday, August 25, 2009 5:20 PM
Thanks! Eh... the Matrix is too plain looking IMO. You can't beat the aggressive styling of Pontiac .

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 6:37 AM
mods? I only see one lol

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 6:31 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:mods? I only see one lol

Smart ass (now it's your turn to post "Better to be a smart ass than a dumbass" )!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:06 PM
very clean lookin!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:03 PM
looks good and some nice mods!

i just cant wrap my head around it being a 'pontiac'. it really should be called the toyota vibe.

Familiar Taste of Poison.
Thursday, August 27, 2009 5:30 PM
Plain? Idk, I think the XRS looks pretty tough. Here's a pic of my local bud's car....

either way, I actually like both cars. I hated the old Vibes though, they were fugly... lol

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search