2011 Buick Regal - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2011 Buick Regal
Wednesday, November 18, 2009 8:55 AM
Mr. Goodwrech, do you know if the RPO for the 2.0 turbo is still LNF? Does it have VVT? Maybe it's just a de-tuned LNF - would be quite easy to do.

The 2.4 is going to be a pig at 3600lbs.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 9:29 AM
^To early to know if GM will also label this LNF, but yes, it is a de-tuned LNF and it does have VVT for e/i.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 4:30 PM
RuggedZ wrote:^ the retro look. keep up.

Ever since the last Camaro of 2002 there were talks of the 5th gen having retro styling before Ford and Dodge announced their plans.

Why it took GM longer to come out with their's however IDK.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009 5:23 PM
I'd hit it.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 5:48 PM
Um no.
It's hideous as is most of what GM makes nowadays.
The new Camaro? A joke as far as full out performance goes.
Love my Cavy but that doesn't mean I like the new GM.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Thursday, November 19, 2009 5:11 AM
Misnblu wrote:Um no.
It's hideous as is most of what GM makes nowadays.
The new Camaro? A joke as far as full out performance goes.
Love my Cavy but that doesn't mean I like the new GM.

If you say so...

Care to explain?

Love your Cavalier, but hate the new GM??

Did I just read that correctly?
Thursday, November 19, 2009 11:13 AM
how is the new camaro a joke performance wise? the base model v6 makes over 300hp! does the mustang do that? not even close.

stick to your cavalier then, i'm sure the rest of us would junk ours in a heartbeat for a new camaro.

Check out my build thread!

Thursday, November 19, 2009 5:34 PM
Car and Driver had a comparison between the Mustang and Camaro and the Mustang owned it.
The Camaro was more for straight line performance but put a few twists in there and it falls all over it's feet.
Motor Trend said the same as well as other evaluations I've read about the new Camaro.
The weight of the car is horrendous which handicaps it's overall performance compared to the Mustangs.
We're talking 2010 Mustangs for comparison.

I would've thought that with the likes of the last SS Camaro's that Chevy would at least compete with the Mustangs with equal surefooted ness but alas, it doesn't.
Compare the interior of both and you'll see that the new Camaro is laid out so that a late teen or early 20 something person would enjoy as opposed to ergonomics that actually work and aren't just for show.
Little things like that have tarnished GM for me like the constant lack of quality in the interiors of its cars.
The ZR1 has even been hit by cheap interior along with creaks and squeaks that keep the Chevy name a bit lower than what it could have been.

I don't hate GM but I'm not loyal.
Going from a Buick as a first car to a Honda for a second car, to Ford for the third, and then Chevy for a fourth. Then it was a Toyota with my most recent purchase of a Porsche so that I'd say I like all kinds of car. I just don't like the new GM but like all things, time will make things better.
And I in no way was bashing GM but I was giving an opinion of why I didn't think GM would succeed with this new Buick.
We'll see I guess in the end and maybe one day GM will come out with something that will excite the soul. All Corvettes, G8's, and Cobalt SS/ TC's excluded.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Thursday, November 19, 2009 8:24 PM
i like it
Friday, November 20, 2009 7:00 AM

so 300 lbs more but over 100 hp more ?

Friday, November 20, 2009 8:42 AM
Who knows. Magazine reviews can be so subjective. I like the specs I see here (thanks Jd!), and the LS V8 is hands down the most impressive of the bunch, with by far the most parts available to upgrade.

Plus, the thing looks like pure sex. As my first hot rods were '68 Camaros, I'll admit a bit of bloodlust, (and subjective bias too!) of my own

I will own one. And it will be magnificent.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Friday, November 20, 2009 3:05 PM
Misnblu wrote:Car and Driver had a comparison between the Mustang and Camaro and the Mustang owned it.
The Camaro was more for straight line performance but put a few twists in there and it falls all over it's feet.
Motor Trend said the same as well as other evaluations I've read about the new Camaro.
The weight of the car is horrendous which handicaps it's overall performance compared to the Mustangs.
We're talking 2010 Mustangs for comparison.

I would've thought that with the likes of the last SS Camaro's that Chevy would at least compete with the Mustangs with equal surefooted ness but alas, it doesn't.
Compare the interior of both and you'll see that the new Camaro is laid out so that a late teen or early 20 something person would enjoy as opposed to ergonomics that actually work and aren't just for show.
Little things like that have tarnished GM for me like the constant lack of quality in the interiors of its cars.
The ZR1 has even been hit by cheap interior along with creaks and squeaks that keep the Chevy name a bit lower than what it could have been.

I don't hate GM but I'm not loyal.
Going from a Buick as a first car to a Honda for a second car, to Ford for the third, and then Chevy for a fourth. Then it was a Toyota with my most recent purchase of a Porsche so that I'd say I like all kinds of car. I just don't like the new GM but like all things, time will make things better.
And I in no way was bashing GM but I was giving an opinion of why I didn't think GM would succeed with this new Buick.
We'll see I guess in the end and maybe one day GM will come out with something that will excite the soul. All Corvettes, G8's, and Cobalt SS/ TC's excluded.

Although this is subjective, I agree with you that Camaro's interior ergonomics are so-so.
But.
This is what happens when you place worthy tires and suspension tuning (like Mustang's Trak packag) on a IRS.

I personally can not understand how the ZR1 has a cheap interior, especially when it has the option of leather dash/door panels. Switchgear has a firm feel, door close with a solid thunk, and materials has sturdy finish. The only thing it does not have are the carbon fiber interior trim pieces like it's competition or Recaro seats. But after five years of use, the ZR1 and the competition will have that cheap shiny luster from the leather everywhere and chances are 1/2 the gimmicks switches found on the competition will not work (especially from Euro cars). That to me is cheap.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Friday, November 20, 2009 6:54 PM
The 220 number from the LNF is because its mated to the auto tranny, just the same as the HHR SS are 220 also, not 260

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, November 23, 2009 5:20 PM
I think there needs to be a awd twin turbo v6 model available in black only, call it the gnx and whoop up on some new SHO ass.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009 12:51 AM
the hhrSS on the chevy website says 250 now But its mated 4t45E. May be if i cross my fingers may be MrHahn would try to get one of theses in to 13s . Wouldnt you rather burn rubber in a Buick Mr Hahn
Tuesday, November 24, 2009 12:58 PM
The 2.0T Regal will be available with a 6 speed manual
Tuesday, November 24, 2009 3:19 PM
1800ccS13 wrote:I think there needs to be a awd twin turbo v6 model available in black only, call it the gnx and whoop up on some new SHO ass.
YES!!

Friday, November 27, 2009 9:58 AM
From GM... .

-Second new car built on Oshawa’s state-of-the-art flexible manufacturing line
-Production to begin in first quarter 2011

North American production of the all-new 2011 Buick Regal was today confirmed for the Oshawa Car Assembly plant beginning in Q1 2011. The new 2011 Regal is a midsize sport sedan based on the award-winning Opel Insignia – the 2009 “European Car of the Year” – and it brings all of Insignia’s award-winning design, technology and European-inspired performance capabilities to the North American market.

“The new Regal gives Buick a modern performance sedan and its production here in Oshawa is terrific news for our employees, the CAW, dealers and suppliers,” says Arturo Elias, president, General Motors of Canada. “Combining Buick’s top position in the industry in terms of brand quality with the Oshawa Car Plant’s long-standing reputation for top quality assembly means customers’ highest expectations will be met with this midsize sport sedan.”

Production of the new Buick Regal is the latest in a string of positive news for GM manufacturing in Canada including:

-Oshawa Car Plant running maximum overtime since June 2009 that will continue into the new year to keep up with demand for the Chevrolet Camaro
-Production of the Camaro Convertible in Oshawa beginning in Q1 2011
-The recent addition of a 3 rd shift plus scheduled overtime at CAMI Automotive to keep up with strong demand for the all-new Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain
-The investment of $C90 million in CAMI Automotive which will add an additional 40,000 units of capacity to current production and result in full employment at CAMI
-The introduction of flexible transmission production at GM Canada’s St. Catharines facility beginning with assembly of the fuel-efficient 6-speed front-wheel-drive transmission

The new Buick Regal joins the Chevrolet Camaro and Equinox and the GMC Terrain as the third new vehicle in the production commitment that was part of the agreement with the Canadian and Ontario Governments. General Motors of Canada (GMCL) is headquartered in Oshawa, Ontario and employs 9,000 people nationwide. GM of Canada manufactures vehicles, vehicle powertrains, and markets the full range of General Motors vehicles and related services through dealerships and retailers across Canada.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Sunday, November 29, 2009 8:10 AM
I gotta admit though when I see Turbo Regal I get happy in my pants

Someone needs to make a photoshop of that car in black with some grand national styling cues!

Tuesday, December 01, 2009 6:42 AM
It needs stronger body lines and styling cues. I don't get this fasination with the trunks that are skewed forward. First ford now this? It makes baby jesus cry to know there is no 6 cylinder option. Its like the new SRX with no 8 cylinder option, whats that about? Why are all of GMs cars getting bubbly and bean shaped?

Tuesday, December 01, 2009 7:21 AM
RuggedZ wrote:how is the new camaro a joke performance wise? the base model v6 makes over 300hp! does the mustang do that? not even close.

LOL
What a difference a few weeks can make.
Mustangs make over 300hp now. So yes the Camaro sucks.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Tuesday, December 01, 2009 1:17 PM
Jookycola wrote:
RuggedZ wrote:how is the new camaro a joke performance wise? the base model v6 makes over 300hp! does the mustang do that? not even close.

LOL
What a difference a few weeks can make.
Mustangs make over 300hp now. So yes the Camaro sucks.

Yeah OK.

Ford FINALLY makes some worthy power out of their V6.

Doesn't make the Camaro suck.

All the reviews have called even the V6 version a worthy performance car.

Not the "secretary" car the V6 Mustang was for years.
Thursday, January 07, 2010 9:36 AM
UPDATE: Regal GS Show Car
From GM... .

-21st-century successor to Buick’s Gran Sport heritage
-Bold, sporty design with unique exterior details and an aggressive stance
-High-output Ecotec 2.0L turbocharged engine and six-speed manual transmission
-Adaptive all-wheel-drive system and electronic limited-slip rear differential
-0-60 in less than 6.0 seconds
-Buick’s class-exclusive Interactive Drive Control System

With an estimated 255 turbocharged horsepower (190 kW), a six-speed manual transmission and an advanced, adaptive all-wheel-drive system, the Buick Regal GS show car is a high-tech, high-performance version of the brand’s newest sport sedan. It was introduced at the 2010 North American International Auto Show.

The mechanical elements were developed with the aim of delivering a driving experience that is sporting, confidence-inspiring and refined. It has a performance-oriented drivetrain, a lowered body and lower center of gravity. Exterior and interior cues include two additional vertical front air intakes; large, forged aluminum 20-inch wheels and performance tires; a racing-inspired sport steering wheel and metal pedals. Recaro high-performance front seats feature four-way lumbar support and cushion extensions.

“We designed the Regal GS to explore the appeal of a high-performance variant of the Regal,” said Craig Bierley, product marketing director for Buick. “Like the Regal, the Regal GS is based on the award-winning Opel Insignia, and we believe it will reinvigorate Buick’s storied Gran Sport legacy.”
The Regal GS exterior is distinguished by vertical air inlets in the front fascia, as well as unique rocker panels, an integrated rear spoiler, dual exhaust outlets, Olympic White paint and satin metallic accents.

“The idea behind the Regal GS was taking the production model in a more aggressive direction to appeal to performance enthusiasts,” said John Cafaro, Buick design director. “But along with its aggressive stance, there’s sophisticated style in the design that complements the driving experience.
Inside, the Regal GS varies from the standard Regal by featuring a completely jet black interior, including the pillars and headliner, sport shifter for the six-speed manual transmission and a suede-covered, flat-bottom steering wheel reminiscent of those used in international racing series. The instrument panel glows ice blue when the driver engages the sport mode of the Interactive Drive Control System (IDCS).

Turbocharged AWD performance

Power for the Regal GS comes from a high-output 2.0L Ecotec turbocharged engine with direct-injection technology. It is based on the engine that will be offered on Regal CXL models later this summer, but the engine and turbocharger are tuned to deliver greater boost pressure in the GS. The output is estimated at 255 horsepower (190 kW) and 295 lb.-ft. of torque (400 Nm).
The engine is mated to a six-speed manual transmission that directs torque to an adaptive all-wheel-drive system calibrated for performance driving. An electronic, limited-slip rear differential helps ensure the engine’s power is distributed effectively during cornering.

The high-performance drivetrain is expected to enable the Regal GS to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in less than 6 seconds. That performance is complemented by a four-wheel-independent suspension, with a unique High Performance Strut (HiPerStrut) design in front. The HiPerStrut system helps reduce torque steer and maintain negative camber during cornering. This improves ultimate grip levels in dry and wet conditions, as well as improves the direct feel of the road, while isolating undesirable feedback. Behind the wheel the driver experiences reduced torque steer, improved grip and increased cornering power, along with crisper handling, steering precision and feedback.

The Regal GS features a high-performance Brembo brake system with 14 x 1.2-inch (355 x 32 mm) cross-drilled rotors; four-piston, high-strength aluminum calipers, and high-performance pads.
The Regal GS is also equipped with Interactive Drive Control System (IDCS) chassis technology (also offered on Regal CXL models with the 2.0L turbo engine). It delivers enhanced vehicle stability and greater driving safety, while also adapting the driving characteristics of the car to the driver’s preferences. The driver selects among three operating modes – normal, sport and GS – that change the suspension settings, throttle response and steering sensitivity through the variable-effort steering system.

BUICK REGAL GS SHOW CAR SPECIFICATIONS
Overview

Model:
Buick Regal GS show car

Body style / driveline:
four-door, 5-passenger, front engine, transaxle. All-wheel-drive midsize vehicle

Construction:
steel body-frame integral (unibody)

Engine/Transmission

High-output 2.0L DOHC I-4 Turbo

Displacement (cu in / cc):
122 / 1998

Bore and stroke (in / mm):
3.39 x 3.39 / 86 x 86

Block material:
cast aluminum

Cylinder head material:
cast aluminum

Valvetrain:
overhead camshafts, four-valves per cylinder, continuous variable valve timing for intake and exhaust

Ignition system:
individual coil-on-plug

Fuel delivery:
direct injection with variable high-pressure rail and electronic throttle control

Compression ratio:
9.2:1

Horsepower (hp / kW):
255 / 190 (est.)

Torque (lb.-ft. / Nm):
295 / 400 (est.)

Transmission
6-speed manual

Chassis/Suspension

Front:
independent, HiPerStrut-type with dual-path mountings, specifically tuned coil springs, direct-acting stabilizer bar (hollow); hydraulic ride bushings; continuous damping control (Interactive Drive Control System)

Rear:
four-link independent rear; hollow stabilizer bar; continuous damping control

Traction control:
adaptive all-wheel drive; StabiliTrak electronic stability control

Steering type:
hydraulic, variable-effort rack-and-pinion power steering

Brakes

Type:
four-wheel disc w/ABS (w/ESC)

Brake rotor diameter
(in / mm) caliper type (front and rear):
14 / 355, vented and cross drilled rotors; four-piston aluminum calipers

Wheels/Tires

Wheel size and type:
20-inch aluminum

Tires:
Bridgestone 245/35ZR20

Dimensions
Exterior

Wheelbase (in / mm) :
107.8 / 2738

Overall length (in / mm):
190.2 / 4831

Overall width (in / mm):
73.1 / 1811

Overall height (in / mm):
58.4 / 1483

Front track (in / mm):
62.4 / 1585

Rear track (in / mm):
62.5 / 1587

Interior

Seating capacity (front / rear):
2 / 3

Headroom (in / mm):
38.8 / 985 (front)
36.8 / 935 (rear)

Note: Information shown is current at time of publication.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Thursday, January 07, 2010 9:53 AM
^ they make that car in a coupe, im trading in the cobalt without a doubt

Thursday, January 07, 2010 10:25 AM
i thought i heard some @!#$ about them making a grand national model? shed some light on me here?

WiGM-Tuners member.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search