any G8 owners on here - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
any G8 owners on here
Wednesday, December 08, 2010 8:11 PM
Soo, possibly considering one of these in the future what are you thoughts on it? What are some things to look for in getting one?

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Re: any G8 owners on here
Wednesday, December 08, 2010 9:42 PM
The V8s breaks the 300HP mark (361HP & 415HP), if that helps.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, December 09, 2010 4:58 AM
Listening. Although i've never had the opportunity to drive or ride in a G8, if it's anything like the GTO's i've been in, it's an awesome ride - great interior quality. The aussies know how to make'em!

GM just pisses me off with not offering manual trans on the lower models. A G8 base V6 w/ six speed manual WOULD be my daily if they offered it.

Thursday, December 09, 2010 5:46 AM
ExcessiveFire has a GXP. Its the best of both worlds as far as luxury/performance. I've had the joy of being a passenger. As oldskool said the Aussies can make 'em. Hopefully he'll chime in and give you his opinion.

Thursday, December 09, 2010 6:30 AM
I hear the interiors are bland and full of plastics. Never been in one though so I can't say for sure.

I still like them a lot though for their power and exterior looks.

Thursday, December 09, 2010 7:27 AM
I dont really care about plastic, i dont see why its such a problem, EVERY single car has plastic, I don't care if its a Ferrari

Anyways I'd perfer an automatic anyway, I'm tired of being bothered with manuals. I looked up some specs and it looks like that its about 7 inches wider and 16inches longer than my cobalt so I wonder how that translates in terms of feel driving it. My trans am im sure is close in dimensions and I'm able to wheel that around just fine

Thursday, December 09, 2010 8:54 AM
I have both rode and driven in gt's and I like them alot, there is plenty of power on hand with the 6spd auto. Handling is also very nice for how big they are. There is also plenty of aftermarket support for them.

I would say do it if you can!

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Thursday, December 09, 2010 9:08 PM
I love love love love love my car...

Perfect daily driver, interior is awesome, power for days, and it handles quite well for a big tank.

Mods that are available are top notch, and you can kinda do what you want with it.

I will say an untuned auto GT was a dog when I test drove one, the manual and extra 60 hp was totally worth the extra coin (for me)

now the bad, my sun roof rattles ( I'm sure it can be fixed, just need to take it in ) front breaks rotors can not hold up to the brembo calipers (might just be a gxp thing) and the clutch pedal sticks at times when its cold

but I wont, lie, I absolutely beat the ever living piss outta this car, and it just loves it. and the next day can take grandma to the dr

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Thursday, December 09, 2010 9:43 PM
GXP is def more than I want to spend, id be looking at the GT

Thursday, December 09, 2010 9:48 PM
Still an awesome car, but plan on having at least the trans tuned if you want to have any fun at all with it

Friday, December 10, 2010 7:15 AM
trans tuned? you mean like shift parameters?

Friday, December 10, 2010 8:36 AM
from what I understand there is a torque management built into the software.

its a big enough hindrance that I couldn't tell the g8 gt had 100 more hp and tq than my v6 cts...

Friday, December 10, 2010 6:11 PM
the 6spd auto sounds like you are driving a manual when it shifts , which is why they need the trans tuned

they are sweet cars

Saturday, December 11, 2010 8:24 AM
Oh forgot to mention, the Lower control arms and front strut mounts seem to plague these cars, so have them checked out on any car you are looking at.

Mine has been fine, but many believe the boat ride over and being strapped down for so long is the culprit. I soon will not have to worry, because I have a pedders coil over setup ready to go in in the spring

Sunday, December 12, 2010 4:52 AM
ExESIVEFIRE wrote:from what I understand there is a torque management built into the software.

its a big enough hindrance that I couldn't tell the g8 gt had 100 more hp and tq than my v6 cts...

x2 we talked before, test driving the GT really turned me off the G8's at first.

Sunday, December 12, 2010 10:31 AM
the upper strut mounts are the same crap the gto's used , and they are WEAK at best , even pedders upper mounts sag , get the noltec/lovells

Monday, December 13, 2010 5:46 PM
i was never into these. id think id rather have a GTO

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, December 14, 2010 3:05 PM
I've got a G8 GT too.

Great car. Only a few gripes - I've had the car in 3 times for LCAs and the cupholders suck.

Everything else is amazing.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 8:06 PM
cant be any worse than the cobalt cupholders, but seeing as how the only thing i drink now is water, its not really a concern anyway

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 8:04 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:cant be any worse than the cobalt cupholders, but seeing as how the only thing i drink now is water, its not really a concern anyway

Well, be forewarned, if you ever have any beverages, usually cups with lids and you have to open the center console, it will rip the lids right off.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 11:10 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:cant be any worse than the cobalt cupholders, but seeing as how the only thing i drink now is water, its not really a concern anyway

I knew this was coming lol

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 7:45 PM
Lurch wrote:

Well, be forewarned, if you ever have any beverages, usually cups with lids and you have to open the center console, it will rip the lids right off.

LOL true story

Thursday, December 16, 2010 7:34 PM
Is the strut thing and LCA thing normal when they G8 gets up in mileage or at any given point? I have been looking at trading my Exploder in for one after the snow season.
Sunday, December 26, 2010 7:49 PM
Anywhere between 18-30k miles is what I've been reading. Mine hit at about 20k and 1 year to the day on the next set.

Sunday, December 26, 2010 7:54 PM
I just found this a 09 Stryker Blue GT with 3500 miles.

09 G8 GT

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search