any G8 owners on here - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: any G8 owners on here
Sunday, December 26, 2010 10:08 PM
That tint would be ripped off IMMEDIATELY if I bought that thing. That dark tint crap(like the car I just bought, which will be removed), is annoying and dangerous at night. Other than that, why the hell does that thing have such few miles on it, it isn't and won't ever be a collector, drive it and enjoy it!

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 4:05 PM
that blue is intense, I love that color

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 3:15 PM
yea i do love the blue, im kinda up in the air about what I want to do

i would like something a bit more comfy, something I dont have to screw with the engine to make power but yet still get decent gas mileage and comfortable ride

Im prob wanting too much

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 3:28 PM
Define decent gas mileage..

although you want a GT so I cant really speak to that with the cylinder deactivation and all..

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Thursday, December 30, 2010 4:28 PM
upper 20s highway would be acceptable but not like worse than about 27, around the city im not exactly great as is in the cobalt

Thursday, December 30, 2010 8:39 PM
eh, I get about 20 when I take the hwy to work..

13 if not, lol

Friday, December 31, 2010 4:28 AM
That car looks good with that tint. It's an accent color to the rest of the car. At first before I clicked the link infigured jl was bitching because it was blue fade or something.

Friday, December 31, 2010 6:38 AM
im hooked on that blue or silver though

Friday, December 31, 2010 3:46 PM
Silver FTW Matt! Do it! I love having a car that I don't spend money on and I'm sure you would too .

Friday, December 31, 2010 3:58 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:Silver FTW Matt! Do it! I love having a car that I don't spend money on and I'm sure you would too .

uhh...

yeah about that. While not exactly a Mustang, there is money to spend out there

Saturday, January 01, 2011 8:50 AM
ExESIVEFIRE wrote:uhh...

Rodimus Prime wrote:i would like something a bit more comfy, something I dont have to screw with the engine to make power but yet still get decent gas mileage and comfortable ride

I was kind of going by what Matt said. To me it seems like he wants something that has decent power to begin with so he won't be as tempted to spend money on it. Just my $.02 though.

Saturday, January 01, 2011 12:35 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:

Rodimus Prime wrote:i would like something a bit more comfy, something I dont have to screw with the engine to make power but yet still get decent gas mileage and comfortable ride

I was kind of going by what Matt said. To me it seems like he wants something that has decent power to begin with so he won't be as tempted to spend money on it. Just my $.02 though.

yeah but how long will that last?

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, January 01, 2011 1:37 PM
99redz24 wrote:
J TO ENVY wrote:

yeah but how long will that last?

that's kinda what I was getting at..

Saturday, January 01, 2011 4:25 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:That car looks good with that tint. It's an accent color to the rest of the car. At first before I clicked the link infigured jl was bitching because it was blue fade or something.

Accent color more important than safety and convenience? Got your priorities right... My tint, which I believe is 35% is a bitch at night and it annoys me to no end, 15 though?!?!? Sorry but having my windows be an "accent color" is NOT worth the annoyance and safety issues.

Sunday, January 02, 2011 10:34 AM
99redz24 wrote:yeah but how long will that last?
ExESIVEFIRE wrote:that's kinda what I was getting at..

Eh... I know, but stranger things have happened...

JLAudioCavalier wrote:Accent color more important than safety and convenience? Got your priorities right... My tint, which I believe is 35% is a bitch at night and it annoys me to no end, 15 though?!?!? Sorry but having my windows be an "accent color" is NOT worth the annoyance and safety issues.

I agree. I have 35% all around on the Vibe and I sometimes have a hard time backing up at night. SilverStar bulbs in the reverse lights have made a huge difference with that though. I can't imagine having anything darker than 35% as far as nighttime driving is concerned though. It seems totally unsafe and not worth it to me.

Sunday, January 02, 2011 11:23 AM
15% tint is not that dark. I have it on my dd. That picture of it inside makes it look darker. Even at night tho. Not hard to see at all.

Back to topic. I would get a g8. Just don't need all that room. A gto would be 1st on my list.

Sunday, January 02, 2011 11:36 AM
"Not hard to see at all" is subjective... you are used to it. Like I said, there IS a noticeable difference at night with just my 35%. I hate it. IT IS a safety issue. You do know what the % number is right? it's the percentage of light let through.... 15% of the light makes it through. You don't see that being a safety issue at night? Riiiiiiiiiggghhhhttt....

Sunday, January 02, 2011 1:07 PM
I wouldnt want any tint, its just cop harrassment i dont want or need, they are really anal about that around here

As far as needing room, I do find myself hauling around more crap and people now though rather than cramming the biggest subwoofers I can find in it

I guess my needs have become more "grown up"

Sunday, January 02, 2011 1:08 PM
Sounds like me with my living situations. My taste is getting more and more grown up..... but my stupid ass is still driving an MR2 lol.

Sunday, January 02, 2011 1:10 PM
That and I'm tired of the noise and jarring ride (v8 noise is acceptable)

Sunday, January 02, 2011 1:16 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:That and I'm tired of the noise and jarring ride (v8 noise is acceptable)

And Pedders makes unbelievable suspensions for these things, I'll let you know how the ride is in the spring if ya want..

Sunday, January 02, 2011 1:57 PM
V8's don't make noise, they make music.

Sunday, January 02, 2011 3:14 PM
I've been in an ego with everything 20%... everything even the windshield and looking out at night you could not even tell there was tint on them. I know just my two fronts at 35% was very expensive but the company uses the top of the line film. Looking out at night you can see like it's not even there.

If you can't see out it while backing up.... Roll down your window? Or take it off instead of bitching how hard it is to see out of it

Rode in a cammed one yesterday and manual is way more fun

And if my priorities were right I wouldnt have put a turbo on a cavalier and be in 12s and touching 11s this year. Not the type off dd made for that. So that point there I immediately slacked on safety. But this year is helmet jacket year so it's a give and take.

Sunday, January 02, 2011 5:29 PM
Didnt say it was or wasn't safe. Clearly there are laws about it. So that means something

Sunday, January 02, 2011 6:45 PM
Safety is my issue with real dark tint, but from what I hear it;s not the biggest issue with the law. Sure they might have the law in place for safety like my concerns, but from what I hear, it's for cops to be able to see in your car. So they aren't in a dangerous situation not being able to see where your hands are, what you might be grabbing or hiding etc.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search