Skunk Has A Mustang - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Skunk Has A Mustang
Tuesday, May 03, 2011 9:37 PM
And it looks a little something like this...

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Re: Skunk Has A Mustang
Wednesday, May 04, 2011 1:13 AM
Lol, if I had that car...those tires wouldn't last long.
Wednesday, May 04, 2011 4:01 AM
Jealous...That is how I feel now.

Now tint the windows. What's wrong with the grey plastic parts at the the bottom? Did you wax them?
Wednesday, May 04, 2011 4:57 AM
Thats sweet

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, May 04, 2011 5:38 AM
so are you making this thing stupid fast?

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 6:04 AM
the lemur wrote:so are you going to thrash it, blow it up, and spray bomb it?

Edited for a more accurate hypothesis based on history and probability.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Wednesday, May 04, 2011 6:31 AM
Nice car.

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 6:35 AM
Very nice, those can be very fast with little money!

Good pick up!

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 7:40 AM
I want to drive it with the short throw and new intake.

And I want to actually launch it this time.

Nom Nom Nom

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Wednesday, May 04, 2011 9:38 AM
cant see crap in the first two pics but if youve seen one youve seen them all. nice purchase

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 10:42 AM
Sorry a down grade in my opinion. 03-04 Cobra over this, even a 94 5.0 over this.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 11:39 AM
a 94 5.0? are you serious they are like 160whp

03-04 Cobra, thats debatable, 7-8k less but thats because they arent new, similar potential and efficiency.

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 12:32 PM
Quote:

even a 94 5.0 over this.

This post made my week.
Wednesday, May 04, 2011 1:08 PM
Yeah....... I don't say it often, but I'm with matt. That "even a 94 5.0" comment was @!#$ hilarious. This new mustang is universes ahead of that.

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 3:25 PM
I don't like mustags, but that thing is friggen beautiful...

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 4:16 PM
You don't like mustangs? How are we friends? Lol

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 4:38 PM
looks awesome, curt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, May 04, 2011 4:40 PM

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 6:32 PM
I love the new 5.0's.

All I have to contribute, as for Higgin's comment I don't get it either. A downgrade? LOL.

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 6:36 PM
Yeah...apparently tire shine is bad for black plastic parts...all is well, that was like the first time I washed and detailed the car a lil. Tried it...didn't work AT ALL lol, have since cleaned all the residue that was left behind off. They look much better now lol.

I'll agree with the Terminator being a nice car, but I can't stand the ergonomics of driving one. The shifter is horribly placed way forward. They redesigned everything in 05 and is very much nice now.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the compliments.

JL - Well I guess some things never change.

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 7:29 PM
Skunk wrote:Yeah...apparently tire shine is bad for black plastic parts...all is well, that was like the first time I washed and detailed the car a lil. Tried it...didn't work AT ALL lol, have since cleaned all the residue that was left behind off. They look much better now lol.

I'll agree with the Terminator being a nice car, but I can't stand the ergonomics of driving one. The shifter is horribly placed way forward. They redesigned everything in 05 and is very much nice now.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the compliments.

JL - Well I guess some things never change.

this is what i use on black plastic

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 7:53 PM
On the list of things to buy tomorrow:

1. "It's A Boy" Banner
1a. "It's A Girl" Banner
(I'm hoping boy, wife is hoping girl, we find out tomorrow if we're having a boy or girl)
2. Brakes for my 94 Chevy that I got for free (To please you JL...That one is rattle bombed flat black)
3. Mothers Back to Black Trim Care.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 7:57 PM
May I suggest something for the plastic trim below the doors bumpers.I use the black magic tire gel with a old wash cloth to apply it.As u use it over time it will keep it moistened and not fade.Tire shine while shiny will make a mess of it as u know.I have cleaned or detailed stuff for years and this technique seems to be about the best at least on my use.It will collect dust but,that is norm.I know my wifes prev 95 civic had plastic front to rear below the paint and used the orignal black magic which was FOR trim but has been discontinued yrs back.So I substituted the tire gel and use on my trk front bump and door handles.There pretty much is not much else unless u armor all it which will work but washing fades it quick.I wear latex gloves to keep the greasy factor off my hands.Nice car btw.

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 8:10 PM
You have a nice car now, I'm a complete ass hole as well as Mustang fanatic for life. So to see your old Cav, I cringe to think of you doing anything to that beautiful car Take it as a compliment. haha

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 10:28 PM
Rest assured, there will be no "let's see how this works" with the mustang. It's not like the J world where there are only a few pioneers trying to push the outer envelope trying to squeeze every last bit of power out of a 4 cylinder. There are numerous companies that do all the r&d that I found myself doing time and time again with the J. I don't have to guess. I don't have to try new things. If I can imagine something that's wild to me...there are 20 other guys that have already tried it, found the kinks, and worked them out and the right way to do it is available. Keep in mind, when I pushed up to 488whp on the 01, there were only like 4 or 5 guys ahead on the hp-o-meter. That and when you put THAT much under the hood of a cavalier you kinda start running out of room. I have to be patient with the mustang so I've got time to keep things nice and tidy. The J was slap it together as long as everything is working who cares what it looks like. I admit, I could have done A LOT better keeping things clean under the hood of the J, but at the end of the day it was a $3000 cavalier. No one, except other J enthusiasts really gave a crap about that car. The mustang is a whole new world. I get complimented at least once a day on my car. If people are looking THAT much, I have a responsibility to them and myself to keep this thing looking as close to mint as I possibly can. I know how to do things right, the big difference between back then and now...I actually care about EVERY aspect of my car as oppose to just how fast or how much power it makes.

Thursday, May 05, 2011 3:23 AM
good stuff. keep us updated and good luck on the boy/girl!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search