Skunk Has A Mustang - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Skunk Has A Mustang
Thursday, May 05, 2011 4:52 AM
Skunk wrote:Rest assured, there will be no "let's see how this works" with the mustang. It's not like the J world where there are only a few pioneers trying to push the outer envelope trying to squeeze every last bit of power out of a 4 cylinder. There are numerous companies that do all the r&d that I found myself doing time and time again with the J. I don't have to guess. I don't have to try new things. If I can imagine something that's wild to me...there are 20 other guys that have already tried it, found the kinks, and worked them out and the right way to do it is available. Keep in mind, when I pushed up to 488whp on the 01, there were only like 4 or 5 guys ahead on the hp-o-meter. That and when you put THAT much under the hood of a cavalier you kinda start running out of room. I have to be patient with the mustang so I've got time to keep things nice and tidy. The J was slap it together as long as everything is working who cares what it looks like. I admit, I could have done A LOT better keeping things clean under the hood of the J, but at the end of the day it was a $3000 cavalier. No one, except other J enthusiasts really gave a crap about that car. The mustang is a whole new world. I get complimented at least once a day on my car. If people are looking THAT much, I have a responsibility to them and myself to keep this thing looking as close to mint as I possibly can. I know how to do things right, the big difference between back then and now...I actually care about EVERY aspect of my car as oppose to just how fast or how much power it makes.

wheres the like button. glad to see this mindset curt.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Thursday, May 05, 2011 5:44 AM
sndsgood wrote:
Skunk wrote:Rest assured, there will be no "let's see how this works" with the mustang. It's not like the J world where there are only a few pioneers trying to push the outer envelope trying to squeeze every last bit of power out of a 4 cylinder. There are numerous companies that do all the r&d that I found myself doing time and time again with the J. I don't have to guess. I don't have to try new things. If I can imagine something that's wild to me...there are 20 other guys that have already tried it, found the kinks, and worked them out and the right way to do it is available. Keep in mind, when I pushed up to 488whp on the 01, there were only like 4 or 5 guys ahead on the hp-o-meter. That and when you put THAT much under the hood of a cavalier you kinda start running out of room. I have to be patient with the mustang so I've got time to keep things nice and tidy. The J was slap it together as long as everything is working who cares what it looks like. I admit, I could have done A LOT better keeping things clean under the hood of the J, but at the end of the day it was a $3000 cavalier. No one, except other J enthusiasts really gave a crap about that car. The mustang is a whole new world. I get complimented at least once a day on my car. If people are looking THAT much, I have a responsibility to them and myself to keep this thing looking as close to mint as I possibly can. I know how to do things right, the big difference between back then and now...I actually care about EVERY aspect of my car as oppose to just how fast or how much power it makes.

wheres the like button. glad to see this mindset curt.

LOL i was going to type the same thing. good call, jason!

Thursday, May 05, 2011 6:19 AM
Nice rental.

We all know it's not actually your car....not enough of a mess under the hood (yet)

Thursday, May 05, 2011 11:09 AM
Sorry I think both of the cars I mentioned look 1000 times better than this. Hell even the 60-70's mustangs look better than this new crap they are putting out.

I realize the 94 5.0 was low on power, but did not take alot to make them go, and they look way better doing it.

03-04 Cobra well they are just sexy. Also have the power on tap.

FU Tuning

Thursday, May 05, 2011 11:19 AM
Ya know skunk..... I'm done. After a reply like that, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and patiently wait to see updates on your new upgrade . With that mindset, which I hope sticks, this should continue to be worlds ahead of the cav.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Thursday, May 05, 2011 11:22 AM
newt wrote:Very nice, those can be very fast with little money!

Good pick up!

It's already very fast with very little money. Hell the V6s have enough power to smoke the tires right off the rims 100% stock. Ford did something right with the new Mustangs, any trim, for the money.

And sorry Screaming I find the early 2000 mustangs to be disgusting even as the Cobra. But it is all a matter of opinion. Now for the early 90s foxbodies, I agree they are great looking and can be made fast but I personally still find the new 5.0s to be one of the meanest, nicest looking mustangs made. Not my DREAM year and model of course but still top 3.

Congrats skunk. Any plans of boost by any chance?

Thursday, May 05, 2011 6:29 PM
I'm with Dustin here, damn it sounds like you've had an attitude adjustment and I can appreciate that.

Best of luck Curt.

Thursday, May 05, 2011 6:43 PM
I'm hoping to have a pro charger setup on it by this time next year. That's why it's still got the stock intake on it with the Boss Intake manifold.

The baby I've got coming has kinda changed a few things. It's a girl by the way. September 20th is the scheduled day Lil Miss Kiera Louise Schaid will come screaming into this world...well that's the SCHEDULED day...we all know females...always late lol.

The way this car looks was half the reason I bought it, the other half...the 412 STOCK hp and 390 STOCK tq.

I've deleted the cats since this vid, doesn't sound much different.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Thursday, May 05, 2011 7:05 PM
One thing not many people do as good as Ford.... make their car's sound awesome in stock form even. Sound wise, Ford's V8's just sound perfect. That vid is not a very good representation, from the sounds. I know what those cars sound in person.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Thursday, May 05, 2011 8:31 PM
Skunks gonna be a daddy, OH GOD LORD,................

Congrats.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Thursday, May 05, 2011 8:35 PM
Oh and I tried that Mother's Back to Black...worked flawlessly.

This thing does provide quite the soundtrack. I've got the dreaded MT82 whine caused by an improperly preloaded pilot bearing from factory. Which means either a new clutch, new trans, or both are in this cars future. If Ford will go for it I'll have them put in my new clutch, either an Excedy Mach 700 or McLeod RST, and GT500 braided stainless clutch line. It's a widespread problem in the 2011-2012 GT's. They are using a Getrag now, I can deal with the notchiness, but the whine is just a lil too much.

I've not broke down what's done to this thing yet:

BMR Rear Lower Control Arms
BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar
BMR Panhard Bar Brace
JPC Adjustable Upper Control Arm
Barton Shifter Bracket
Steeda Short Throw Shifter
FRPP K Lowering Springs (1.5" Drop)
FRPP/Boss Intake Manifold
Blow By Racing 93 Race Tune For Boss Manifold
K&N Box Air Filter
Cats Deleted
Muffler Delete
2.75" Piping Throughout Exhaust (stock has some 2.5" reductions in it that I've replaced w/ 2.75")
18x10" OE Replica Rear Rims w/ Nitto 555r 305/40's on them

Next up is clutch, BBK long tubes, shocks and struts (waiting on Ford to get the GT500 strut mounts back in stock because the stock 2011 mounts won't work with any struts on the market yet), and a pro charger setup. The base pro charger is a 7psi pulley which is good for about 550whp on an otherwise completely stock 5.0. I'm hoping that with a 8psi pulley and the lth's/off road mid pipe I'll be able to creep a lil closer to 600 wheel. Given what most good drivers pull with similar setups, mid to low 10's, I'm hoping to at least squeak out a 10.9 lol.

Thursday, May 05, 2011 8:50 PM
your welcome

Saturday, May 07, 2011 6:31 AM
Skunk wrote:The baby I've got coming has kinda changed a few things. It's a girl by the way. September 20th is the scheduled day Lil Miss Kiera Louise Schaid will come screaming into this world...well that's the SCHEDULED day...we all know females...always late lol.

Congrats Curt.

Saturday, May 07, 2011 6:10 PM
Tom - First, where have you been? Second, why the hell don't you call me?

Saturday, May 07, 2011 11:16 PM
Blowers are fun. I approve.

Sunday, May 08, 2011 12:26 AM
Hey Curt man. It's been a while since we last spoke. Good to know that you are alright and things are going good. Best of luck man with all your projects.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Sunday, May 08, 2011 9:48 AM
macktruck84 wrote:Hey Curt man. It's been a while since we last spoke. Good to know that you are alright and things are going good. Best of luck man with all your projects.

I've given up on wrecking them and just decided trading them in works too.

I'm headed to Byron next weekend. Anyone else wanna go?

Monday, May 09, 2011 10:38 AM
Quote:

Saturday or Sunday? I may see if my clutch has one last pull in it before I tear the car apart this summer.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Monday, May 09, 2011 4:55 PM
Dick lol

Wicked car. I love the fronts on the new ones, but still not sure on the rears!

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Monday, May 09, 2011 5:51 PM
Matt Linke wrote:
Quote:

Saturday or Sunday? I may see if my clutch has one last pull in it before I tear the car apart this summer.

Sunday. Camron, Mike, and Dusty will be shooting for the 9's, me on the other hand...hoping for 11's.

Monday, May 09, 2011 8:21 PM
Looking good bud and congrats....as soon as i get this lip kit and solstice wheels on the G we'll have to do a photoshoot.....

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 7:12 AM
Text me on like Saturday morning, I'll know by then if I can make it out

I want to see this thing in action!

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:35 AM
Are part of the future plans to help pay for the built engine that leaned out and popped at the track right after you "tuned" it?

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 6:16 PM
Darkstars wrote:Are part of the future plans to help pay for the built engine that leaned out and popped at the track right after you "tuned" it?

Guess some people draw conclusions based on hear say. Travis's car was running 11.5-11.8 through even pass we made. It's alright though Ryan, even though you're a complete douche bag I can even forgive you as well. Carry on.

Good try and trying to provoke me though. Valiant effort A+.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 6:38 PM
wrote:watching yes... leanest I saw was 12:1, but I dont know where spark was and EGTs...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search