A Car from Downunder... - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: A Car from Downunder...
Saturday, May 07, 2011 5:32 PM
Tony T Crams wrote:So Family II makes it the same engine in our Sunbirds? Iirc, someone of v6z24.com did a european 16 Valve DOHC head swap on a 2.0 SOHC. I'm guessing as mentioned before that SOHC turbo parts would work (in that case, I would hunt down a set of SOHC Turbo pistons. Iirc, they're forged pistons vs the cast ones in the non-turbo engines). As you mentioned, increasing the displacement is possible. Obviously, you can get a shop to bend up a custom exhaust and intake. You could get some DIY parts and make an intake, too. I don't see any sensors plugging into any of the stock intake tubing, so it should be pretty straightforward.

You can get the 2.0L 16v head off daewoos and opels. Don't know about other makes.

Saturday, May 07, 2011 11:19 PM
yes, you can do the head swap, but the blocks don't line up properly with the heads, so you get oil seepage...the entire 2ltr motor out of the calibra (not sure if you guys have the equiv...) bolts right up to the gearbox and still retains the same exhaust ports etc...

and as i said, new wheels

Sunday, May 08, 2011 9:53 AM
Wheels look pretty decent. How many different rims have you had on this thing? Haha.

Sunday, May 08, 2011 10:44 AM
uhh....about 9, maybe 1 or 2 more sets....but im taking 9 as a safe course...
and the wheels will be getting wider lips soon, to bring them up to 8's and 9's as they are only 7's and the 205's really don't like the power...little bit too easy to get them into masses of smoke
Thursday, May 19, 2011 4:10 AM
question, does anyone know if you can still get sunbird turbo parts new? like piston's etc...thinking of just building a nice tough little 18le, sold all the astra parts and made a nice little bit of coin, so considering just building the motor in it, and slapping the turbo gear in
Tuesday, May 24, 2011 11:49 PM
Wait... Nissan 3 Liter turbo... Would that happen to be the RB30ET? Haha avid nissan guy here... love the skyline!!!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 6:55 AM
yarp, RB30E+T though, was originally an NA so it's still a high comp motor...never was a legit Nissan powered by an RB30ET, just those damn holdens....

still...im pretty happy with it, needs some more work done in the way of maintenance etc... as the conversion is now about 5-6 years old...so it's time to refresh it all....

also...would love with some help for the Sunbird turbo bits
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 6:59 AM
oh, and should probably point out...this is the soon to be daily...
so i can turbo my pulsar and still have a car im legally allowed to drive...

HR31 GTS-X Coupe, with an RB20DE and a 5 speed and r200 LSD....
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:01 AM
Have I mentioned how much I hate you yet?

We can't get any of those fun toys here without some questionable methods lol.

Want hub spacers? Shoot me a PM.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:15 AM
Club Teh Jeffie wrote:Have I mentioned how much I hate you yet?

We can't get any of those fun toys here without some questionable methods lol.

it's actually a lot cleaner now, with new rear tail lights, the cam covers etc...all on properly, the exhaust is getting done soon,and some other good little go faster bits to go on...

should be a nice cleanish daily once finished, with the turbo cars as toys
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:18 AM
You get anywhere with those wheels we talked about?

Want hub spacers? Shoot me a PM.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search