Sentra Progress thread - Page 16 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Sentra Progress thread
Saturday, September 15, 2012 7:54 PM
I think the engine cover looks a lot better. As always, keep it up.

Monday, September 17, 2012 8:09 AM
I'm a fan of everything but the engine bay.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Saturday, September 29, 2012 12:36 AM
Removed the starter originally for paint work, when I noticed their was a crack in the soleniod, so I had it rebuild with a high output soleniod and a new starter gear. Also painted some other corroded engine components and ecu. Tomorrow I plan to remove the alternator and start work on that. Then some wire tucking and the MR20DE Stillen strut bar

Sunday, September 30, 2012 7:48 AM
Here is where I am now with the alternator

Sunday, September 30, 2012 1:21 PM
Man there were some things I was worried about that turned out great. But the engine bay gets tackier and tackier. Its like a kid 10 years ago Modding his interior. If it can easily be removed, it gets sprayed a bright, non-matching color. Sad day man, the rest of the car is not bad.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, September 30, 2012 3:18 PM
Thanks man for the kind words!

Sunday, September 30, 2012 3:21 PM

Sunday, September 30, 2012 3:25 PM
I have to agree with Dustin on this. Under the hood has the fast and furious feel to it. Doesn't do all your other work justice just distracts from the car as a whole.

Club Jeffie, Yea we can make that. Text or Call(908)866-1882

Sunday, September 30, 2012 3:29 PM
I think it looks a ton better than the corroded metal looked under the hood. To each their own

Sunday, September 30, 2012 7:25 PM
Adam some +ve critisism here, could you pull in from your exterior colors? the silver and the chamelion? that way everything would flow? im a fan of the accents and the parts your cleaning up, just not a fan of the color....

i'd love to see more body color and chamelion accents make their way into the engine bay!

watch for flying sparks!!!
Monday, October 01, 2012 1:23 AM
Hey Dustin brother whenever you come to a show up here in New England or visit me at the shop ill make sure I close the hood for ya . No but seriously I know what you guys are talking about. I could have gone that route very easily and just removed what I removed now and just painted it the same color chameleon as the exterior or the magnetic gray. But instead I used sunrise red chameleon with some gray accents and then sprayed prizmatic before clear because I want the engine bay to pop with color. Its just my style I guess. I really wish I could capture how well the prizmatic looks in the sunlight! Possibly turn the tide lol. Hmm maybe Ill photoshop the engine bay all black and post a pic for the hell of it

Saturday, October 20, 2012 8:33 PM

Monday, October 22, 2012 12:04 AM
Agreed, Exterior looks good. If it were me Id COMPLETELY debadge it. would clean it up and keep people guessing. Also agreed on the red not being a good color choice. Your car your color choices I understand but its not my taste at all.

Should be able to take the badges off now and not have any fading. That would be my next step. Get rid of all the nismo crap, and the sentra on the back, all of it.

Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:13 PM
Just a little update to show you guys what I have been up too! I sold the H&R lowering springs for the time being aswell as my wheels and spacers. Going with BC coilovers and a new shoe setup. Also just finished fabbing these up since non are made for my platform. Front forward bar and strut tower brace. Next is a rear upper stabilizer bar for trunk behind rear seats and a lower rear bar.

Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:15 PM
Also some Brake upgrades I plan to purchase.

With these Stop Tech rotors

I do however like these EBC Ultimax rotors aswell

And these Hawk Pads

Friday, November 16, 2012 4:25 AM
its nice on the outside but way to busy under the hood

nice brake upgrade

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Friday, November 16, 2012 6:32 AM
Only thing I dislike under the hood is the wire loom.
I think if you got rid of it, or got black it wouldn't be like "BAM ITS RED" it'd be like "ooooo red".
Just my .02

But I think it looks SO nice on the exterior OMG I want to make babies with it.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 2:28 PM
Nothing like candy chameleon carbon fiber baby

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:38 AM
HOTT

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:28 AM
Thanks bro! Here are some moderate sunlight pics. Roof still needs to be wetsand & buffed which will take place next week.

Thursday, November 22, 2012 1:05 PM
Sunlight

Saturday, November 24, 2012 7:11 PM
Can't say I've seen that before. With the amount of decals ur running. The trunk needs a debadge!

Saturday, November 24, 2012 8:13 PM
the shot of the front end of just half of it with the grille/one side of the lights sorta reminds me of a CTS-Vish persona

if you removed the red loom/factory silver loom and took the time to put that black cloth/fiber wrap over top i think it would clean up and accentuate the bay all at the same time

looks good otherwise and keep it up.

Saturday, November 24, 2012 9:10 PM
Right now I am not even sure if I am going to keep the decals on the rear window to be honest. I have to see how everything falls together. Right now with the car being in winter mode I.E. factory spec-v suspension is back in, side skirts, front bumper, grill and wheels have all been removed till march it can be hard to envision the entire car when most of it is in my basement. My new wheels are chomium black finish and I might just leave them as is or possibly do a thin red paint accent on the inner lip not sure.
Like this

Or this if I do red at all

I might just paint entire brake system black or chameleon. Or vice versa with new wheels chameleon who knows. I also wish the car came with the gray wire loom lol instead of the grimmy black wire loom with that awesome nissan adhesive that takes forever to get off your hands. Here is a shot of the new washers I made for the forward bar installed. Still alot more to do. Strut tower bar will not be installed until I install new BC coilovers if you were wondering. Front forward bar was installed because well I was bored lmao

Plan on picking these up soon aswell. Titanium chameleon green to red strut nuts

Monday, November 26, 2012 8:29 PM
I predict your whole car will end up candy chameleon eventually, piece by piece. lol Can't say its my style but I like the work you put in.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search