Fresh off the carrier, dirty pics of my 2005 GTO:) - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Fresh off the carrier, dirty pics of my 2005 G
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:04 PM
yummy

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:11 PM
jimmythekid1 wrote:Cool Hood is that GMPP or is it aftermarket dealer installed. my father in-law has a 04. That he had an aftermarket hood installed at the dealer with a functional RAM air box. Is that hood functional too?

Sadly it is not.

I will always love that car since it was a Holden. After driving one not last month, I gotta say you really got something good there.
I think the car will look even meaner with the GM front grille kit as well. Either way awesome car. Congrats, happy trails.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:21 PM
the sight of an automatic saddens me.

but congrats anyways. still a sexy car.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:32 PM
so?
whatever that car blows, plus you got a sissy automatic. whatever.

i continue to tell myself this to help me swallow the envy
black on black...best option the red is too....Cobalt SS, to? $20,000 or less car looking LOL

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:54 PM
Nice ride!! I heard a GTO w/ an aftermarket exhaust the other day and it had to be one of the meanest sounds I've ever heard. Autos a great choice, its only a bad choice on some underpowered sport compacts, some of you guys have been watching a little too much F&F apparently. Like the list said, "you know you're a ricer if............ the auto version of your car is 2 seconds slower in the 1/4 mile".
Thursday, March 03, 2005 4:05 AM
I agree with the red looking tacky but that is my opinion. The black on black is very nice. I like it. A guy I work with just picked up his 6.0 GTO not too long ago and was very thankful that he actually waited and got this one instead of the 04's.

Have a good one,
Justin

Thursday, March 03, 2005 5:07 AM
nice car. i was trying to decide between the black or the silver one, so i decided to sleep on it. the next day when i went to go pick one of the cars up, the black had been sold.. (go figure that was the one i decided i wanted)

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:I think the car will look even meaner with the GM front grille kit as well.

do you have any info on this grill? Im interested.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:39 AM
ah man i just noticed

AUTO!!!!

what were u thinking!!!!!!!?????

-Borsty
Thursday, March 03, 2005 9:16 AM
^^ he could just get a short shifter from B&M .. more than likely if they dont have one for them ... they will soon.

dan

From the cats that brough you Cadyblack, Blackdraft and Black Kramer vs Kramer comes a funky flick so bad you gonna say, "Damn that's funky". Rufus Griffin stars in ... Black 2 the Future.
Thursday, March 03, 2005 9:34 AM
dubduce18s wrote:^^ he could just get a short shifter from B&M .. more than likely if they dont have one for them ... they will soon.

What good what a short shifter do for an auto?

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Thursday, March 03, 2005 10:26 AM
Thanks for all of the compliments/opinions.

I was just like you guys thinking I would never get an auto, but the auto in this car is better than the manual. Faster times, more torque capacity. Im building this car for drag, and this is the way to go.

Hahn turbo has a twin turbo GTO and all of their guys at sema told me also that the auto blows the manual away in terms of perfomance on the 05.

Me and Chad just took the car out, and through the first couple gears it spun the tires while shifting, WITH THE TRACTION CONTROL ON!! This auto shifts so firm and solid there's not regrets at all in getting it. My vette and Cav were manual because it was the best for the application, for this year, and my plans for drag this trans was the ONLY way to go.

I can't get over how much power the ls2 has, they lable it 400 hp but I wonder what it really tunes in at?

Thanks again.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 12:23 PM
RkSport 2003 wrote:I can't get over how much power the ls2 has, they lable it 400 hp but I wonder what it really tunes in at?

nope.

From www.ls2gto.com wrote:Did three runs, I am bone stock, M6, and I will get the graph up shortly.
I have 210 miles, so I am not broken in yet.
332 hp and 337 lb/ft of torque

My first dyno runs at 900 miles were 320 rwhp and 321 RWT. Today, at 1700 miles, I put down 338 rwhp and 346 rwt.

I'll post mine after this saturday, maybe a video too if i get lucky (going to need a host, or someone to point in the right direction)

All of those are M6.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 12:41 PM
More power = more drivetrain loss.. I know that '04s typically dyno around 300hp... And they have 350hp at the crank. So that makes sense for the '05s to dyno at around 335hp or so since they have 400hp at the crank.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Thursday, March 03, 2005 1:04 PM
Paco Loco- Please try to get videos up that would be awesome. Right out of the box these ls2 engines are something, I can't wait to add more power to it!

Robz iL Cav- I like how you painted the engine covers to match your car.

Have you two noticed how light the car feels on it's feet despite it's weight? I also think the build quality is more comparable to a bmw or something.

Not to mention after the GMS discount, I got the car for 25k.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 1:34 PM
dude that car is awesome!!!! your so lucky your building it for a drag car, otherwise it would HAVE to be a manual. i gotta get with you sometime man. ill give you a call tomorrow (friday the 3rd)

-Adam

Thursday, March 03, 2005 1:36 PM
give it to me

Thursday, March 03, 2005 1:52 PM
RkSport 2003 wrote:Robz iL Cav- I like how you painted the engine covers to match your car.

Have you two noticed how light the car feels on it's feet despite it's weight? I also think the build quality is more comparable to a bmw or something.

Not to mention after the GMS discount, I got the car for 25k.

Thanks for the compliment.... Everyone that has seen the covers has loved them... Yes the car does feel light and handles very well... I take curves with the cruise set that I used to would have slowed down for in my lowered Cavy with Nitto tires.

Yeah the build quality is great... no rattles, etc., and I remember after taking it for a test drive and shutting the door, I thought it sounded really solid.

Damn the supplier discount is that much? Or was that with other discounts? I couldn't use my mom's supplier discount since the '04s were already discounted so much. I ended getting mine for about $24,000 after taxes, etc, which stills beats the pants off of any Cobalt SS or SRT-4..

The only thing I don't like about it so far is the front seats don't go up far enough to easily let people in the back seat. I think it's because they're power seats.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Thursday, March 03, 2005 2:30 PM
dude, you still have a vette and a cavalier.... can you please tell me what you do for a career?
Thursday, March 03, 2005 2:39 PM
All_Stance wrote:dude, you still have a vette and a cavalier.... can you please tell me what you do for a career?

My Corvette is for sale now, and my cavalier will be in about a yr. I have to eventually sell both of them to keep the GTO but to me it is worth it.

For how fast the car is the ls2 could be a little louder. It sounds deep just heavily restricted. My first mod is to get a full BORLA exhaust system. I had this on the vette and it is so loud I can't imagine with a 6.0 liter engine.

It's like crossing both of my cars together, a big looking cavalier with a v8 and rear wheel drive. I love it!

Thursday, March 03, 2005 3:46 PM
dubduce18s wrote:^^ he could just get a short shifter from B&M .. more than likely if they dont have one for them ... they will soon.

dan

are u slow?

-Borsty
Thursday, March 03, 2005 3:51 PM
Borsty wrote:

dan

are u slow?

I think he was probably refering to the shift kit by B@m for autos.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 4:02 PM
short throw shifter and a shift kit arent easily confused IMO.

-Borsty
Thursday, March 03, 2005 6:01 PM
yes the car does feel really nimble, even at 140 (wont be doing that again anytime soon). also, that doesnt sound like a supplier discount. that sounds like a gm employee discount. the supplier discount was only 7% off (which is what i got). that really only covered the tax, title, and tags.

overall though, to me this car doesnt scream gm. The interior is gorgeous, from the materials used to the gauges themselves. The fitment of the body panels and hood are perfect and the seats are down right awesome. mechanically we have, the ls2 pulling hard in every gear, an independent rear suspension, and a 3.46 dana rear end. The little things stand out too; stop watch on the dash, real time mpg, and the placement of the traction control just to name a couple. definitely a step in the right direction for gm.

couple of little nit-picky-things: i want to be able to fit wider tires in the rear without rolling the fenders (275 on the correct size rim require either rolling the fenders or grinding the lip); the shifter's throw is too long, and the exhaust is a tad bit too subtle. but that's nothing borla and b&m can't take care of.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 6:55 PM
wow, nice job! How does it drive in snow?

__
CobaltSS.net - Chevy Cobalt Enthusiasts

Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:19 PM
paco loco wrote:nice car. i was trying to decide between the black or the silver one, so i decided to sleep on it. the next day when i went to go pick one of the cars up, the black had been sold.. (go figure that was the one i decided i wanted)

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:I think the car will look even meaner with the GM front grille kit as well.

do you have any info on this grill? Im interested.

I am talking about this. This is what you can get at the dealer, they are trim kits. Subtle but clean.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search