Emanage: low injector duty cycle - Page 3 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Emanage: low injector duty cycle
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 12:08 AM
Here's a 97 diagram for reference:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 6:09 AM
Thanks Dave, I'll go over this and see what I can figure out.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 9:13 AM
If there are any other diagrams or connector views that you don't have and need, let me know. I have pretty much everything here for 2.4 and 2.2 all the way through 2000 (I think my Ecotec listings are a little short, but I can check to see what I have if anyone needs some of those too).

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 8:46 PM
Nice diagram... where did you get it from?
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 11:29 PM
Service manual.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 8:37 AM
zeroto60in6flat wrote:hmmm....with most cars a 12v signal is used to open and close the injectors. on GMs, the injectors receive a constant power and the computer sends the ground as the signal.

The diagram seems to support this too, has anyone just hooked up the ground to one of the injector's ground? that might do something, or if not that, hook up the ground, to the power side, and the power to the "signal" i.e. ground from the ecu, and then reverse the polarity, since you'de get a negative voltage that way. -12, so just ,make it a + number, anyone try that?

I want to buy the e-manage for my 95 sunfire, and don't want to have these same problems. Oh, i have the 98+ 2200 fuel system, which i can't remember if thats high or low impedance. but my stock ecu is driving the injectors from the 98 just fine. (their a little bigger then stock though, 19 lbs/hr compared to 17lbs/hr)

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 2:46 PM
because of the @!#$ty translations, i would imagin that the injector "ground" wire really goes to the constant power source
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 7:01 PM
I was thinking of connecting balck/red wire to the injector power wire but I don't want to fry my Emanage.

Friday, August 12, 2005 7:31 PM
I connected the black/red wire to the constant power source and nothing changed with the duty cycle. I'm at a lost of what to do next, guess I'll just tune with my 440cc injectors and do what Geekd is doing.

Friday, August 12, 2005 8:51 PM
Mike: I have been messing with mine non stop and still havent gotten any leads as to what might be causing this....

I will be however though swapping to the newer ecu and complete harness along with everything to change it over....

Im going to run an ECU I know will work....and plus I will eliminate EGR....

Friday, August 12, 2005 10:38 PM
cool, keep me posted on it

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 6:37 AM
on every other car i looked up an emanage install for the red/blck injector ground wire goes to the chassis ground. The emange needs this in order to actually add fuel, this wire is used as the ground for the inectors signal. If you dont have it hooked up, the emanage will tell you its adding to the duty cycle but its really not.
Tuesday, August 30, 2005 8:42 AM
That is where I first ran the wire and still nothing happened, that can't be the problem

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search