Informal Poll - Would you pay for unlocked eco reflash? - Page 7 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Informal Poll - Would you pay for unlocked eco reflash?
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 10:36 PM
From what I've seen the Cobalt realm the LNF guys are writing there tunes with HPT and then the parameters they can't adjust they are having Trifecta do because Vince can and it seems to be working good. And look at the GM stage 3 tune not only did Vince get the AC to work(it disabled the AC) but figured out how to make accessible to HPT, although they can't touch certain parameters such as the nitrous HOM.

If he could do something like this I'm sold.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 10:59 PM
I would be in for a custom tune over the unlocked GM tune. I would want it set up for up to 1 bar of boost though.
Thursday, June 24, 2010 6:11 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
oldskool wrote:Once QWK and Vince communicate, things will get ironed out better. They can decide the best way to do things and i'm here to help in anyway i can. In my convo with Vince, he was very clear that he had the re-flash tune and the axes did not read boost. That said, when he made changes to the high load columns on the dyno, the in boost values were affected. So as far as i understand it, gm has a 1-bar speed density tune hooked up to a 2.5bar TMAP.

The fact that he will create a custom 2, 2.5 and/or 3bar tune for us for the same price, still editable with HPT, more than compensates for any short comings of the GM re-flash in my opinion. He's very willing to work around OUR needs, unlike HPT.

I'll tell you one thing though - i asked HPT about making our axes editable, not changing from TPS to MAP, but simply making the numbers in the axes different values. They told me it's impossible. When this is all done, Vince is paid and we have our tunes, I'm getting perma-banned from HPT forums because I'm going to tell them what inept pieces of sh1t they are for bs-ing us as a community about it and making excuses. They claim to have several engineers busy for years to come with new support and old requests, and ONE MAN is out pacing them BY FAR in the 4-cyl realm. What does that tell you?

you need to quit bashing HPT. its better than anything you came up with. its better than nothing. they are a business, out to make money and stay a float. they are keeping up with the motors and cars that will make them money. cavalier's wont, plain and simple. HPT realizes that v8's are WAY more profitable than a 4 cyl market. Plain and simple.

and the whole engineers busy and one man out pacing them.... you know how long it took them to do what they did for us? you do realize they do this for hundreds of vehicles right? and they have many people working on many things at one time. not one guy, working on one specific thing all the time. you ask what does that tell you? nothing.... they are working on making money and keeping the business alive. same thing i would be doing. I am happy knowing I have the ability to be tuned without running a stand alone. could it be better? sure. am i pissed its not, a little but im gracious that i can even use it to tune in the first place. so get off your anti-hpt horse and realize at the moment its all we got and is working well for quite a few people.
I'm a paid/paying customer who is unhappy with the product I got especially considering what they are giving other platforms. I will bash them as i please not because i think it will accomplish anything, but because this is America and I can express my opinion on a product/customer service as i please and you or anyone else who doesn't like it can piss off. I'm not a fkn engineer, i'm not selling products and taking people's money. How does what I came up with have to do with anything? Have you ever tuned a boosted car with HPT in your life, or any car for that matter? We are very handicapped when it comes to very basic things that they give many other platforms for the same price.

If cavaliers won't make a profit, they why does Vince stand to make a fair deal of money of a product that benefits us very much - designed around our needs and requests? Until you pick up a computer and start tuning, you don't know what you're talking about here. I've only done four different GM four cyl cars in my life, but each one has a different short coming as a result of HPT's negligence to our platforms. When they tell me theses things are impossible, but they've been doing them on V8 platforms, and then Vince goes and churns them out, how am i supposed to feel? NO really tell me how i should respond to that...

Cliffnotes - if you love HPT so much and get offended by my expression of disappointment with my tuning investment, i suggest you don't read another line after this.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 12:01 PM
If you don't like a product don't use it. Instead of ripping on them for it, go use a stand alone. Or have vince use his custom stuff. Nobody is forcing you to use it. That is your choice. That's like me bitching about how a car show was run and not having entered my car in it. Don't like it? Do something about it.... nobody made you buy hpt and plug it into your car, that was all you. What would you have done a few years ago when we didn't have hpt?

If I recall fetter made almost 550 on hpt... curtis made 488 on hpt, jmarks was high up there, camron running 10.9s on hpt... many are 300+ on hpt... tougher to tune to that potential, sure it is but buy a standalone for that price and see how far you get. Ask fetter how much the correct standalone would have cost to run his car. I wanna say he told me $2000... could we do better with more? You bet. Is hpt working and cheaper than a standalone? Sure is.

And if you think what vince would make off us for this tune is a lot, you must have no idea how much hpt makes off of lsx based cars. I bet our price tag would be between 1-3% of their income, considering hpt is global... one of the guys that works there sold his vette to a guy in israel and they have pics of it over there with numerous pics of it and many other cars they were hpting. They make a killing off lsx based cars and I don't blame them... that's where the money is.

Those 4 cars you tuned... figure out the price of 4 standalones and price of install and tuning...
Ill figure out the price of plugging hpt into 4 cars... $750.

I would say ryan is our best tuner we have and can max out hpt the most like he has with fetters car.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 12:55 PM
I'm glad you can spout off all these LD9 cars running the s/c reflash. They do not belong in this thread at all. Why do you keep bringing up stand alones?? They do not belong in this thread either. I paid for a complete tuning suite, one that works on the parameters used within the factory PCM, and it should NOT be the limiting factor on ANY car I tune. If i intended to go stand alone, I could have done that from the beginning.

Let me ask you straight up, have you ever used HPT? Did you pay 650 for a full tuning suite and get a shell of a 4-cyl tuning suite? If the answer is no, than you have no right to try to keep me from expressing my opinion. Why does it interest you if i slam HPT because it does not meet my needs? I paid for it with an expectation and it failed, and not you nor anyone else will "shut me up". I am "doing something" about it. Hence this thread - VInce is here to help.

As for the LSx guys, the tuning suite is not the limiting factor in how high they want to go, the hard ware is. I bought it with this in mind, and in fact the tuning suite IS the limiting factor in making power on the jbody platform, as well as the LNF platforms. Why do we not deserve the same as the LSx guys? You too would benefit from this, so i don't see what interest you have in defending them so much. Do you want me to suck their d1ck just for throwing us a bone? Do you want me to thank them? Honestly??? They took my money and gave me literally a fraction of what the LSx guys have for the same price, so don't even bring that up again.

Quite frankly, it seems like you are just trying to pick a fight for the cause of the day, or to hear your own voice. I hope that is not the case, but if it is, then fk you.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 1:20 PM

What were you tuning with before hpt...... exactly my point. And two of those cars I mentioned were ecotecs near or above 500. Still using the stock ecu.

I paid $400 for mine used with 4 credits left. So I got a deal.

I bring up standalones because what is your other 500hp or above option?

Had it not been for hpt would vince even be doing any of this for us... if not then where was he pre hpt? Busy? Probably. Hpt came out first and gave us more than we had.

I defend hpt because look what people are asking for... they want it to be read in hpt... they want to edit it using hpt. Not just me. Go back and see how many people askedd of hpt can read and edit it. They didn't ask if vinces software could

Tell me what you would have done before hpt came out to manage 500hp....

You're defending vince, I'm defending hpt, no difference there.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 1:27 PM
Because they already purchased it - they too expected a certain level of support that didn't cut it. Why would they want to loose out on all 650 dollars of their investment? Trust me, i tried to sell my remaining credits back to HPT, of course they wouldn't have it. Lack of competition is not an excuse for an inadequate product.
In any case, this thread is about getting boosted ecotec jbodies adequate support, well beyond what HPT will give us. If you intend to suck HPT's d1ck and worship it as god's gift to tuning jbodies, please make your own thread about it.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 1:43 PM
QUIT yelling oldschool , FYI you outta just bail out and go play with your kappa buddies

Thursday, June 24, 2010 1:50 PM
Why would i bail? I enjoy my cav and intend to have it tuned properly when it's all finished

Thursday, June 24, 2010 1:50 PM
Exactly is about tuning boosted ecotecs.... using hpt. THAT is what people are asking. Read the posts. Seems like you are doing all the talking for Vince...

Thursday, June 24, 2010 2:02 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Exactly is about tuning boosted ecotecs.... using hpt. THAT is what people are asking. Read the posts. Seems like you are doing all the talking for Vince...
Where the hell do you get that? Unless I explicitly state what I'm saying is from a convo with Vince from Trifecta, what I say is my sole opinion. In all my correspondence, Vince is very professional and even curbed me on solsticeforum for this same sort of arguement. He is not out to bash HPT make no mistake. I, however am entitled to say whatever I feel about HPT, as are all of you.

This could go on for pages, but it's ultimately not productive. I'll take it up w/ HPT when i'm running a custom 2-bar tune just like i said Now, lets get back to the topic of custom speed density operating systems please.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 2:26 PM
oldskool wrote: Now, lets get back to the topic of custom speed density operating systems please.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, June 24, 2010 2:58 PM
oldskool wrote: Why would i bail? I enjoy my cav and intend to have it tuned properly when it's all finished

then drop your holier than now attitude !!!! and QUIT FREAKIN YELLING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

besides EFI live doesnt have much more parameters if any than HPT

Friday, June 25, 2010 12:54 PM
My HPTers is on its way to Vince. It should get there Thursday.

Save your money. It might be worth something someday.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 4:00 AM
Ryan, has Vince contacted you yet?

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:05 AM
oldskool wrote:Ryan, has Vince contacted you yet?
Nope.....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 2:16 PM
It looks like I have good timing. I just purchased an s/c kit and I've been running around on line trying to figure out if there was an OS flash for hpt that supported 2 bar and up, or even better speed density, boost and alpha-n just doesnt make sense.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Thursday, July 01, 2010 3:43 AM
Rare5spd wrote:My HPTers is on its way to Vince. It should get there Thursday.
I missed this before - thank you very much for helping out! Is he going to send you some screen shots?

Thursday, July 01, 2010 10:11 AM
oldskool wrote:
I missed this before - thank you very much for helping out! Is he going to send you some screen shots?

No Problem. I really want this done so I'll do all I can to help. I sent it to him so he can do all the testing to make sure it will be compatable with hptuners. I will get in touch with him next week to see if he had time to work on it. I'll also ask him to send me some screen shots when he can get them. If anyone talks to him before I do and he can provide them, grab em and post them up.

Save your money. It might be worth something someday.

Thursday, July 01, 2010 3:28 PM

Badass of you Brian way to help the cause.

Friday, July 02, 2010 5:12 AM
JUCNBST wrote:

Badass of you Brian way to help the cause.

x2

Friday, July 02, 2010 11:58 AM
bumpity bump...whats the newest on this?

Friday, July 02, 2010 12:05 PM
EvoFire wrote:bumpity bump...whats the newest on this?

Vince is apparently writing us a custom 2 bar OS and using Rare5spd's HPtuners to verify it is compatible and can be edited by others with their HPT.
My cavalier is getting parked back in the weeds for a few more months.

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Friday, July 02, 2010 12:30 PM
BlackEco wrote:

Vince is apparently writing us a custom 2 bar OS and using Rare5spd's HPtuners to verify it is compatible and can be edited by others with their HPT.

Will a 2 bar OS with with the TMAP that comes with the blower kit. I will be running that TMAP which i believe is 2.5 bar

Sunday, July 04, 2010 12:11 AM
EvoFire wrote:
BlackEco wrote:

Will a 2 bar OS with with the TMAP that comes with the blower kit. I will be running that TMAP which i believe is 2.5 bar

Don't bother asking for specifics, you won't know until details are posted.

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search