HP Tuners - multiple cables on same laptop?? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HP Tuners - multiple cables on same laptop??
Friday, October 27, 2006 10:04 PM
Ok my buddy I used to work with bought HPTuners for his GTO, he had credits left over and let me use them. So I installed his softwear and used his cable on my car. Now a local guy is gonna let another local guy use some of his credits for his car, hes surpossed to go get the cable tommarow form him.... can I use a 2nd cable with my laptop even though the software is liscenced to a different person?

I hope that makes sence. 2 different cables, 2 different sets of credits, from one computer. With this work or no?

Re: HP Tuners - multiple cables on same laptop??
Saturday, October 28, 2006 6:31 AM
HPT doesn't recommend you do this. If you have to, un-install the software first, and reinstall it.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, October 28, 2006 8:17 AM
I did this by installing a 2nd set of HPtuners software on a usb drive, and whenever using the 2nd cable, open the link on the drive, worked fine for me. This was only a 128mb drive, so it doesn't require much space.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Monday, October 30, 2006 8:47 PM
I'm not sure whats being asked here, but here's some related info....

By "cable" I will quess you mean " interface", since the cables are a USB cable and an OBD2 port adapter/connector and are universal.

The interface has a related key stored in the software in order to make it work.
The key is saved in the --VCM Suite.cfg-- file in the HP directory.
This key must match the key stored in the interface.

If you want to use a different interface, you have to edit that file and enter the correct key at the very minimum. This is most easily dome under the --HELP>License Info-- menu from in the HP program. You could also edit the .cfg file in notepad if your adventurous.

After that, each vehicle license used is stored in each interface used. This means that if you use Interface A to license and tune your car, trying to use Interface B will not work unless you license your car on Interface B for 2 credits again.

sig not found
Monday, October 30, 2006 9:23 PM
The question no longers matters for me but heres what I was getting at...

Joe has HPTuners
Phil has HPtuners

Joe gave me the left over credits form his GTO and I have both my cavs registered through his, he gave me the disk, cables, interface, ect.. so I can run it off my own laptop, I just need pick up the calbe and interface form him.

Phil was gonna give Vince 2 of his credits so he could mess with his car.

What I was asking is if I could use my computer (with Joe's software) to tune Vinces car using Phils cables/interface/credits?

it ended up not being a problem since Phil had his software cd so he put it on Vinces computer to use his interface.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search