Megasquirt Maps - Page 2 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Megasquirt Maps
Monday, April 24, 2006 10:37 PM
Try putting test lights into the injector plug and crank the engine over. If not could be a bad ignition module I found this out the hard way after digging right into the wiring harness trying to find out why my car would not start. I started out with irridum plugs which in my opion now should never be used for boost anyhow one of them failed and the porclin came off the plug and fell into the engine at 250 KM/h and made a very big bang as the extremely hard porclin used in irridum plugs collided between the new weisco pistons and my cylinder head. anyhow I put it all back together after getting a new head and an engine job and couldn't get it to start. I realized the megasquirt was getting its tach signal form the ign module and was not getting a proper tach signal and couldn't fire the injectors right. Put in a new module and also a coil which got cooked by the spark plug closing and everything fired up and worked fine. Also I had to set the fuel pump to start using the origoinal relay to start another because the megasquirt would only start the fuel pump sometimes.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search