Light weight wheels vs steelies - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Light weight wheels vs steelies
Friday, September 08, 2006 8:02 PM
Okay my plan is to be totally incognito(sp). I'm trying to find some light weight flat black rims but cant find any that are relitivly cheap.

So here is my question... How much does the stock wheels without hubcaps weight? Right now i am looking at some 16" Rota's (about 14 lbs) or some track lites (15 lbs) if i can ever save up the money and want to see if $300 a rim is worth the lost weight.

Thanks guys
Riki

~Riki

SPONSORED BY: No one!
Car Domain Site

Re: Light weight wheels vs steelies
Friday, September 08, 2006 8:15 PM
Steelies are actually heavier than Aluminum wheels. I think they say a typical 16" Aluminum wheel is about the same weight as a 14" steelie.

Friday, September 08, 2006 9:20 PM
I have Racing Hearts, and they weigh with the tire and air in it 12 lbs each..

Saturday, September 09, 2006 5:18 AM
05CaVaLiErBaRkIn3Rd wrote:I have Racing Hearts, and they weigh with the tire and air in it 12 lbs each..

tires alone usually weight about 20 lbs each, your tires mounted on rims and infalted are not 12lbs

Saturday, September 09, 2006 2:26 PM
Darkstars wrote:
05CaVaLiErBaRkIn3Rd wrote:I have Racing Hearts, and they weigh with the tire and air in it 12 lbs each..

tires alone usually weight about 20 lbs each, your tires mounted on rims and infalted are not 12lbs

hahah BUSTED!!!!

Saturday, September 09, 2006 2:47 PM
Just looked it up.... I did a search for the wheels listed in his profile... that exact wording had one search result.... his profile on cobaltss.net or somethign liek that.... looking up racing hart wheels on line you either have Racing Hart CP-035 or Racing Hart CP-035R now searching for thos brought me to this.....

http://www.wheelweights.net/

the Racing Hart CP-035 they do not list..... but the more expensive higher end Racing Hart CP-035R is listed.....

----------Name----------------------Manufacturing Method ------------Size----------- Weight

Racing Hart CP-035R--------------------Forged ---------------------18X7.5 ---------19.7lbs
Racing Hart CP-035R--------------------Forged ---------------------18X8.5 ---------20.2lbs

now 8.5 inh wide on a J is extremely rare if even possible, especially with 18's so its safe to assume you have the 18X7.5" wheels. So unless your choice of tire, with wheel weights and fully inflated weighs -7.7 lbs your full of @!#$

your looking at alot closer to about 40 lbs per wheel/tire mounted and balanced if your lucky, prolly closer to 42-45 lb range

edit: fix spacing on the chart

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, September 09, 2006 2:51 PM

Saturday, September 09, 2006 2:54 PM
My wheels weigh 17ounces, they are triple chrome 22 inch wheels.

Saturday, September 09, 2006 3:50 PM
Darkstars wrote:Just looked it up.... I did a search for the wheels listed in his profile... that exact wording had one search result.... his profile on cobaltss.net or somethign liek that.... looking up racing hart wheels on line you either have Racing Hart CP-035 or Racing Hart CP-035R now searching for thos brought me to this.....

http://www.wheelweights.net/

the Racing Hart CP-035 they do not list..... but the more expensive higher end Racing Hart CP-035R is listed.....

----------Name----------------------Manufacturing Method ------------Size----------- Weight

Racing Hart CP-035R--------------------Forged ---------------------18X7.5 ---------19.7lbs
Racing Hart CP-035R--------------------Forged ---------------------18X8.5 ---------20.2lbs

now 8.5 inh wide on a J is extremely rare if even possible, especially with 18's so its safe to assume you have the 18X7.5" wheels. So unless your choice of tire, with wheel weights and fully inflated weighs -7.7 lbs your full of @!#$

your looking at alot closer to about 40 lbs per wheel/tire mounted and balanced if your lucky, prolly closer to 42-45 lb range

edit: fix spacing on the chart

wow totally OWNED.........................

Saturday, September 09, 2006 4:42 PM
Jay wrote:My wheels weigh 17ounces, they are triple chrome 22 inch wheels.

you are a funny guy

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Saturday, September 09, 2006 8:53 PM
Well they are actually the CP-035 Evolutions. And I didn't know that, I was going with what the guy I bought them from told me. Seriously I didn't know that. I knew they were lighter than my 5Zigen Copses. But thanks for the information, and completely owning me on here, makes me feel like @!#$ and wonder why you did that....But what ever.....

Saturday, September 09, 2006 9:12 PM
05CaVaLiErBaRkIn3Rd wrote:Well they are actually the CP-035 Evolutions. And I didn't know that, I was going with what the guy I bought them from told me. Seriously I didn't know that. I knew they were lighter than my 5Zigen Copses. But thanks for the information, and completely owning me on here, makes me feel like @!#$ and wonder why you did that....But what ever.....

He did that because you gave out complete misinformation....

Saturday, September 09, 2006 9:15 PM
05CaVaLiErBaRkIn3Rd wrote:But thanks for the information, and completely owning me on here, makes me feel like @!#$ and wonder why you did that....But what ever.....

because the info is blantely wrong.... when the point of the website is sharing information why should I not correct wrong info? It has nothing to do with you personally, it simply has to do with misinformation. Obviously wrong info spreads, he told you wrong info, you believed it, you told wrong info, why keep it spreading? Again its nothing personal don't get bent out of shape about it.

Sunday, September 10, 2006 6:23 AM
Alright, well I guess it's how you said everything, you wre kind of a dick about it. But Thanks a lot for correcting me and I understand that's what this sites for, and now I know so I don't mess it up again. Thanks man! P.S. did you ever see my comment about your gay ten cav? I like it a lot and finally feel better that someone else has the color of my car. Take it easy man and keep up the good work.

Sunday, September 10, 2006 7:58 AM
05CaVaLiErBaRkIn3Rd wrote:Alright, well I guess it's how you said everything, you wre kind of a dick about it. But Thanks a lot for correcting me and I understand that's what this sites for, and now I know so I don't mess it up again. Thanks man! P.S. did you ever see my comment about your gay ten cav? I like it a lot and finally feel better that someone else has the color of my car. Take it easy man and keep up the good work.

it probalby came off that way because you get allot of people on the internet in general that just lie off their ass about everything

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, September 11, 2006 3:23 PM
My tires are filled with helium, and my rims are made from styrofoam. I have to keep them on the car or they will float away.

I've also bored out my engine to 12 liters, it gets 200 miles per gallon, does 8 second passes, has 18000 watt amps pushing my 32 subwoofers, and yes, as a matter of fact, my penis is a foot long.

<end bull$hit>

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Monday, September 11, 2006 3:26 PM
well that was uncalled for, not to mention a couple days late

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search