Updated Project - Cavalier Wagon - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Updated Project - Cavalier Wagon
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 11:21 PM
**NOTE** - Images are 800x600. Images may be fuzzy.

Lets start with my Car.
I got tired of dreaming and wishing, so decided that I didn't care anymore. I felt like painting my car, so I grabbed a Roller, some Lacquer based pre-mixed paint, (black and clear-coat) and started rolling.

The End Result is quite satisfactory. Up-close, you can see the imperfections, runs and etc... from past attempted projects of painting, and to that extent, I decided I didn't care. When you looked at it from a distance, it was very very satisfactory.

Pay no attenion to the Passenger Side Tail Light ... I know the Driver Side is brand new, but that is only because that is all I can find. (can't find the passenger side brand new... only used)

The BEFORE:
Pictures MAY be Fuzzy

The AFTER:
Pictures MAY be Fuzzy

1987 Chevy Cavalier Stationwagon RS
I NEED OVERHAULED

Re: Updated Project - Cavalier Wagon
Wednesday, August 08, 2007 4:10 AM
looks tough!!! i love it ! so besides the sweet roller paint job what else u got stuck into this monster? I love the wheels!
I was also wondering about the rear door windows, is that tint or am i missing something???

I live for the lateral G's...
Wednesday, August 08, 2007 5:13 AM
haha sweet! Heres what I'd do.... Bag her, tint the windows, shave the rear bumper or maybe find a kit or custom fab and fill up that back with audio!!!!

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 8:54 AM
chop the top, bag it, put a 3.8 s/c v6 or bigger in there, sliding rag top on the roof, and tweed out the interior

at least thats what i always wanted to do to a cavy wagon. i only wish they made 3rd gen wagons.....

lookin good man...keep it up

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 12:01 PM
You didn't even sand the car down?
Thursday, August 09, 2007 12:10 PM
lol tx.
The Windows witht he white stuff is actual white paint. Don't ask me why I painted the windows, I forget why. But eventualy I will take off the paint.

No, I didn't Sand it... the body was SO in need of sanding that It would have taken me a really long time to finish properly and since all I wanted to do was get a temporary shiney paint job on there, I opted to just paint over what I had and work on it later when I had more time.

So far I've got:

17" ADR Rims
Short-Ram Intake
Redone Back Interior (needs touched up)
Entire Carpet ripped out and new on order.
Painted my Valve Cover Shield RED
Chrome Door Handles, Chrome Headlight Trim\Doors\Frame and Chrome Grille (all on order)

New Turn Signal Lenses and Sidemarker Lenses (on order)
and some decent condition used Rear Tail Light Assemblies (lenses) (on order)

Working on a loan for:
Rebuilt Engine (with some Power Mods\Upgrades - going for all motor performance)
Rebuilt Transmission
New Exhaust System with Simulated Dual Exhaust (unless they can work an actual Dual Exhaust - 2 Exhaust Outlets per Exhaust Pipe)

Im not ready to Lower it yet, as I like the stock look, but I may opt to drop it about 1 to 2 inches, for the sake of lowering the gaps in the wheel well.

I NEED OVERHAULED
Thursday, August 09, 2007 11:37 PM
i dont like saying negative things about anyones car, since its their car and they can do as they please.... but being that im a body/paint guy myself, i have to tell you this

" that is one CRAPPY paintjob!"

now that thats out of the way, i do like the fact that its a wagon i always wanted one just for the mere fact of owning one, just never found a decent used one

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 10:51 PM
LOL it is indeed one crappy paint job... but as you said, its my car, I do what I want, heh.
Honestly, I was just pleased to have a slight SHINE to it... The final peice of this puzzle is a good PAINT JOB FOM SPRAYGLOW ... none of that rolled on crap I am doing, meh.

Just needed to keep my interest int he Wagon alive by adding a bit of somethin-somethin to it to keep it feelin like I am making progress, even if others see it as a waste of time and money.

I just got my Steering Wheel Hub fixed, so it doesn't no longer move all over the place, and now my Tilt Wheel works again, WOOHOO!

Sad part is, I have to figure out how to wire up some switches to some relays so I can have Brake Lights, Hazard Flashers and Turn Signals again, since I cut the wires to get into the Hub and fix the dang ting.

(yeah I had a bad attitdue when I cut the wires, and I didn't care ... and still don't lol ... allways finding something to do with my Wagon, so thats the good part.)

I NEED OVERHAULED
Sunday, September 16, 2007 11:08 AM
Car is for sale:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/automobiles/47920/

Will sell it soon as I pick up another beater.

I NEED OVERHAULED
Sunday, September 16, 2007 6:41 PM
All you need is someone bashing on it with a sledge and someone run up and say "What are you doing?!?!" And you say "MAKIN' IT LOOK MEAN!"

$200 AS IS - See Classifieds
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 11:04 PM
see classifieds for details.
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/48082/
$250.00 AS IS (exception of rims in picture - WILL COME WITH STOCK TIRES)

PM ME IF INERESTED

I NEED OVERHAULED

Re: $200 AS IS - See Classifieds
Friday, September 28, 2007 3:27 PM
Part of me really wants to buy this car off you, just gotta figure out where i'm comin up with the cash for it... LOL.... When are you leaving per say? I may decide to work my ass off and try to get the OT to get it... LOL...

Holy drive though.... 6 hrs... lol... will depend on what i can find out with other things, but will keep you posted my friend

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Tuesday, October 02, 2007 3:57 PM
(tabs) wrote:i only wish they made 3rd gen wagons.....

Hmmm.... idea!

...j

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search