what window tint did you find to work the best? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what window tint did you find to work the best?
Sunday, August 14, 2011 1:22 AM
hey whats up? i tinted my windows on my car last summer and i used the black magic brand tint from walmart. turned out like crap. was wondering what other people had used for tint and how well the tint application was. thanks

Re: what window tint did you find to work the best?
Sunday, August 14, 2011 6:43 AM
I had the tint on my Vibe done by a professional.

Unless you really know how to do it yourself, I'd pay to have someone who knows what they're doing do it so it doesn't end up looking like crap.

Sunday, August 14, 2011 8:03 AM
J TO ENVY wrote:

Unless you really know how to do it yourself, I'd pay to have someone who knows what they're doing do it so it doesn't end up looking like crap.

Sunday, August 14, 2011 8:06 AM
E.MURY wrote:
J TO ENVY wrote:

this.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Sunday, August 14, 2011 8:11 AM
Get it done professionally, Its like 100$ and comes with lifetime warranty...why do it yourself?

1999 - Cavalier - 5speed - Exhaust - 17" rims - carbon fiber hood - the beater
Sunday, August 14, 2011 10:22 AM
Yeah, Get it done by someone who knows what they are doing. We are talking only a couple hundred bucks and it will last years. The black magic and all that jazz you buy at walmart or pep boys purples after a year or so my buddy said.

I think last time i had my windows tinted it was like maybe $180 or so using 3M brand tint and that was on the 2 front only cause my SS comes factory dark tinted but the two front doors. (3M brand tint actually has ghosted 3M logos on the inside so you know if it's 3M or not) Most places have a house brand tint they use which is just as good but alot cheaper if your in a pinch.

Now just like my services, Pricing varies from your area to mine and so fourth but a ballpark for all the windows would be a few hundred.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Sunday, August 14, 2011 10:24 AM

Monday, August 15, 2011 4:04 PM
User Chemical wrote:Get it done professionally, Its like 100$ and comes with lifetime warranty...why do it yourself?[/quote
ditto this
Monday, August 15, 2011 5:49 PM
JM Graphics & Signs wrote:Yeah, Get it done by someone who knows what they are doing. We are talking only a couple hundred bucks and it will last years. The black magic and all that jazz you buy at walmart or pep boys purples after a year or so my buddy said.

I think last time i had my windows tinted it was like maybe $180 or so using 3M brand tint and that was on the 2 front only cause my SS comes factory dark tinted but the two front doors. (3M brand tint actually has ghosted 3M logos on the inside so you know if it's 3M or not) Most places have a house brand tint they use which is just as good but alot cheaper if your in a pinch.

Now just like my services, Pricing varies from your area to mine and so fourth but a ballpark for all the windows would be a few hundred.

I cant remember the name of the brand of mine but its @!#$ EXPENSIVE. But still cost $120 for my fronts only. Lifetime warranty. One huge difference because I did try the walmart stuff just so I could see what the car looked like with it done, and looking out was 100% different. The walmart was blurry and crappy. the new stuff is crystal clear like the glass was made that way.

My truck its looking to be like $125 for front windows as well as the 6" window banner.

Monday, August 15, 2011 7:02 PM
i tinted my 95 grand prix with the walmart stuff myself... it lasted 5 years and only purpled slightly before i junked the car....

flat windows are easy, its the contoured stuff thats a BITCH to do. you cut to shape, spray soapy water and move into desired location then squeegee any bubbles/moisture out. its not that hard.

the llumar tint is prolly what most define as the lifetime warranty... it lays amazing and stretches very well. however, it has a kind of gold tinge to it in certain light. IMO it looks like ass.

Monday, August 15, 2011 7:06 PM
I paid $75 for my Z24 coupe and $90 for my GTP sedan including a lifetime warranty. I guess around here window tinting is cheaper because anything lower than 35% is illegal. I have 20% on both cars.
Monday, August 15, 2011 7:11 PM
well sometimes shops want to try and make a name for themselves so they will charge cheap rates...

Monday, August 15, 2011 7:52 PM
This is whats on mine...
http://www.formulaone.com/en/Default.aspx

no gold tint what so ever. Just flawless in my book. Cant wait to pull my 5% rears off and go to 35% with same stuff.

Monday, August 15, 2011 8:58 PM
hey guys has anyone heard of tint that helps with sound dedening the windows

Modding my j since I found the org
Monday, August 15, 2011 9:17 PM
alejandro davila wrote:hey guys has anyone heard of tint that helps with sound dedening the windows

you're looking in the wrong place for sound deadening. anything that can be added to glass to reduece it's resonance WILL be opaque.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search