Removing Rear Bumper Cover 2004 Cavy - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Removing Rear Bumper Cover 2004 Cavy
Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:08 PM
Does anyone know a post or a site that shows how to remove the rear bumper cover for a 2004 chevy cavalier ls sedan?

Re: Removing Rear Bumper Cover 2004 Cavy
Tuesday, August 23, 2011 10:12 PM
It's pretty simple.

1. Open your trunk, and pull the carpet back from the quarter panels. There are 2 bolts on each side of the car that go through the quarter into the bumper. Remove these bolts. They are 10mm or 13mm, I forget which.

2. Underneath each tail light (in the trunk) there is 13mm nut, remove these to free up the filler section under the tails.

3. Inside each wheel well, there are 2 screws that hold the inner edge of the bumper to the brackets. Remove these, then the bumper should now be free.

4. Unplug the license plate light, and you should now be able to lift the bumper off the car. You need to sort of take the bottom of the bumper and tilt it upwards as you pull I off...there are tabs that sit up under the tails and this will give the clearance for those to pop out.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 10:16 PM
x2

EVILution (KGM Godfather) wrote:It's pretty simple.

1. Open your trunk, and pull the carpet back from the quarter panels. There are 2 bolts on each side of the car that go through the quarter into the bumper. Remove these bolts. They are 10mm or 13mm, I forget which.

2. Underneath each tail light (in the trunk) there is 13mm nut, remove these to free up the filler section under the tails.

3. Inside each wheel well, there are 2 screws that hold the inner edge of the bumper to the brackets. Remove these, then the bumper should now be free.

4. Unplug the license plate light, and you should now be able to lift the bumper off the car. You need to sort of take the bottom of the bumper and tilt it upwards as you pull I off...there are tabs that sit up under the tails and this will give the clearance for those to pop out.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 8:40 AM
Ok thanks!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search