valve cover - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
valve cover
Friday, November 18, 2011 10:39 AM
what is the best way to give ur valve cover a good cleaning and give it a nice shine too it?
?

Re: valve cover
Friday, November 18, 2011 5:35 PM
Theres a kick @$$ how-to thread on here for the ecotec cover. I'll try to find it when I get home tonight.

Friday, November 18, 2011 7:04 PM
ultrasonic cleaning at the machine shop did wonder for mine

Friday, November 18, 2011 7:27 PM
I let mine soak in simple green for like 2 weeks. You could eat off it afterwords.

Friday, November 18, 2011 7:34 PM
could u guys post a picture of what it looks like. so i know when its clean enough?
Saturday, November 19, 2011 3:43 PM
Im pretty sure you'll know....your car has been tossing oil and crud at it for decade or two, you'll know.

that simple green solution sounds the easiest, yet not for people like me who are impatient or have it as a dd O.o

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Saturday, November 19, 2011 5:12 PM
wet sanding. Lots and lots of wet sanding

Sunday, November 20, 2011 5:30 PM
yea i use mine as a dd also. i have a friend of mine that has a machine shop ill see if he can do anything with it in a shorter amount of time.
Sunday, November 20, 2011 9:15 PM
just go buy another valve cover from the junkyard, and clean it up, then you can still use your car as a dd.

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?
Monday, November 21, 2011 10:27 AM
i never thought about that.
Tuesday, November 22, 2011 2:59 PM
Edward Trainor wrote:Theres a kick @$$ how-to thread on here for the ecotec cover. I'll try to find it when I get home tonight.
LINK

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search