vinyl roof wrap - Page 2 - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: vinyl roof wrap
Friday, August 26, 2011 9:42 PM

Friday, August 26, 2011 9:45 PM
boom.
better pic
Saturday, August 27, 2011 6:20 AM
good job, moar pics please

Modding my j since I found the org
Saturday, August 27, 2011 8:19 AM
looks good!

Sunday, September 11, 2011 4:37 AM
Cody Shaw wrote:so i have a white 99 sunfire gt and ive been wanting to paint my roof black for a while. but my fiance has talked me out of painting it for resale purposes (hopefully not for a long time, i think its an awesome little car). so i ordered a 5x5 sheet of gloss black vinyl for twenty five bucks, i figure its cheaper then painting it, and if i screw up or change my mind later on its easier to undo then paint, so my question is how hard is it to do a roof wrap. i have a sunroof and i am basically just doing the center skin of the roof, from the windsheild to the rear window, and from the drivers side weatherstrip to the pass. side. has anyone done this before, im assuming it will be like putting on a huge a$$ decal, just work slow and squeegie it from one end to the other, correct me if im wrong, thoughts and input welcome and appreciated!

Please tell where to get GLOSS BLACK wrap. Only could find matte or lesser than gloss. Dying to know.
Sunday, September 11, 2011 6:31 AM
Looks good. A suggestion for anyone else going to do this. Just before you go to put the vinyl on spray it down with windex. The vinyl wont stick to the windex but when you squeegy the vinyl on it pushes the windex out and then the vinyl sticks. It makes it much easier to get all the bubbles out and make sure its all lined up correctly. Its how we put all the decals on the racecar last year, worked great because we actually got all the numbers level and crap.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Monday, September 12, 2011 9:45 AM
soapy water works as well

Monday, September 12, 2011 10:11 AM
J03Y wrote:soapy water works as well

That is exactly how we put all the vinyl on the brother car.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Sunday, September 18, 2011 12:18 AM
How do you maintain vinyl wrap? Can it last like paint? I'm considering this on my delaminating finish because I don' t have time or money to put into a paint job. I wonder if the vinyl wrap will adhere well to black primer.
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:48 PM
DSMskyline wrote:Just make sure you wash the roof and surrounding area very well before applying the vinyl. If you get dirt on the adhesive, it won't stick very well.

Roofs are pretty quick. I did the roof of a 2011 camry in about 15 minutes. I was lucky enough to not have to worry about a sun roof though.

I have about 20' of car.wrap in the garage left over from a training. I've thought about wrapping parts of the car for giggles.

What color? I would take some of it off ur hand if its black gloss or flat doesnt matter.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:16 PM
It's actually something done for rusty Wallace.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:18 PM
It's actually something done for rusty Wallace.

I actually have a piece rolled up on my desk.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 12:29 AM
just an update on the vinyl roof done last summer, its been done for about a year now still looks amazing, the vinyl held up through the winter great! i love having it on there i done have to worry about putting stuff on the roof and scratching the paint, will be redoing it this fall possibly cause when i put it on i got an air bubble on the front and that bugs me haha just a note i have pressure washed bird s h i t off of this stuff, dd'd the car all through the winter, has not made a difference still looks brand new i highly reccommend this stuff to any one considering, its not as flimsy as most people think
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search