Is weed addicting? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Is weed addicting?
Sunday, February 27, 2005 12:04 PM on j-body.org
iv smoked quite a bit and its definitly not addicting for me. I will not pay for it so if someone wont give it to me i dont smoke and well, im fine. As for it being a gateway drug. Nah. I dont think so. I mean i know tons of coke users and whatnot that have never smoked herb. It def wasnt what made me try coke. Coke is proven to not be phisically addicting. You get addicted to the high. So even though you may feel you want it, you wont have the withdrawls like you would with normal drugs if you dont get it.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:11 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Canadian One) wrote:tweek = Meth-amphetamines, also called Crank.

It keeps you awake for hours on end.

Good ol' crack.

However, due to the negative stereotypes associated with sucking back on a glass cock, it has stayed in the lower classes of society. Stupid Hobo's.

Cocaine, however, is coming back with a vengence.

Nothing says study binge for LSAT's like a few rails, 2g's of caffeine, and a pack of smokes.

Remember kids, you can't @!#$ the brains out of your fiend study partner Amanda with the delicious double D's 'cause you now can't feel your cock. Stop starring. Hit the books.

Toronto Street Racing | J-Body club of Ontario | J-Body Tech Library
Equality is a Prescription, Not a Description. Learn the Difference, Newbs.
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:59 PM on j-body.org
weed is a pyschological addiction not pyshical, thats all i know.

-Borsty
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 9:09 PM on j-body.org
I smoked if fairly regularly during the Summer after I graduated. Then I when to University and realized I needed my brain cells back so I stopped. I had a mild urge the next day to smoke. It lasted for about ten minutes. After that, I've never had the urge again.
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 1:43 PM on j-body.org
There's a mental addiction to beeing high thats about it. If you really don't want to quit smoking then you won't. Its all mental. Everything is anyways.

2006 Cobalt SS 2.4L 9.6 @74mph 1/8th mile w/2.28 60ft

Thursday, March 10, 2005 10:54 AM on j-body.org
Everything is mental?

I call BS.

Been watching to many kung-foo movies lately?

Monday, March 14, 2005 6:56 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Quote:

tweek = Meth-amphetamines, also called Crank.

It keeps you awake for hours on end.

Good ol' crack.

However, due to the negative stereotypes associated with sucking back on a glass cock, it has stayed in the lower classes of society. Stupid Hobo's.

Cocaine, however, is coming back with a vengence.

Nothing says study binge for LSAT's like a few rails, 2g's of caffeine, and a pack of smokes.

Remember kids, you can't @!#$ the brains out of your fiend study partner Amanda with the delicious double D's 'cause you now can't feel your cock. Stop starring. Hit the books.

crack and crank are two totally different things

Supercharged 95 BMW 540i M-Sport
Monday, March 14, 2005 7:34 PM on j-body.org
That's amazing.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:18 PM on j-body.org
Marijuana is absolutely not physically addictive, however it can be mentally addictive.

Alcohol causes physical dependence and severe alcoholics actually die from withdrawl if they try to quit drinking cold turkey. Not even heroin can cause people to die from the withdrawl (sure they'll puke all over the place, shake like crazy bitches, and want to kill themselves, but they still can't die from it). Only depressants can cause death from withdrawl.

Oh, and nicotine is the most physically addictive substance known to man.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 11:50 PM on j-body.org
Yeah, anything can become addictive if it becomes a part of your normal activity. I know a bunch of stoners. Some of them usually smoke 2-8 times a month. One of the guys just said one day that he will stop. Its been about 3 months now, and he said he hasnt had any urges at all. Again, it wasnt an everyday thing for him. I know another guy that smoked everyday. He started at age 12, and got more and more into it and then it bacame an everyday activity. He decided he wanted to stop about 6 months ago and he had trouble because he was taking something out of his everyday life. I dont think hes actually been clean for a full month now. Does this mean weed is addicting? no. Anything can be addictive. Weed in general, the physical properties, wont give an addiction, but if it becomes an everyday thing, then yeah it will.
Monday, March 28, 2005 8:58 AM on j-body.org
nope not addictive....and not a gateway drug either....i smoked a @!#$load of it in college cuz it was fun and something to do...when i left college i quit cold turkey cuz of my job...dont miss it...dont feen for it...could care less if i ever smoked it again

Not unintentionally accelerating since 2009!!!!

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 9:57 AM on j-body.org
^^ same. anyway wheres kanewtz on this subject?

Friday, April 01, 2005 1:15 PM on j-body.org
does it really matter wether its physical or mental. addiction is addiction.

smoking is addictive right? a physical addiction correct? i smoked for a month when i dated this girl a while back, u know the nicotine. but i was able to stop completly.without a problem. does that mean smoking is not addictive? my dad has smoked pot all his life. one of the main reasons i didnt take up the habit is watching him over the years.

smoking pot is a gateway drug, it wont make you say i need some crack now. but it puts you in situations allot of times that cause you to try something else. will everyone smoke crack, no but those who are high on weed and noticing how it takes them a bit more and more and more to reach that same high might be allot more inclined to try something else that will get them a bigger rush. again will this mean everyone does it, by all means no. but some people will.

an addiction doesnt have to be 100% to be an addiction wether physical or mental.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 8:31 PM on j-body.org
I smoked untill I realized it was all in my head and that no amount would truly make me happy. Im the only one who can do that. I control my body and what mood im going to be in. SO I quit easily and never looked back. THat was about 8-9 years ago.

I am all that is man

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 3:39 PM on j-body.org
well Since I worked a lot when I was smoking weed IO controlled myself on how much I smoked. If I just smoked an eighth by myself without getting anyone else high, it would last me anywhere from a week to a week and a half. Most of the time I only got stoned 2-3 times a day. Although one night when me and my buddy were on acid we smoked a good bit. Between myself, him, and our friend ( she didn't smoke nearly as much as we did but we got her so f*cked up) we smoked almost a quarter in about 7 hours. I know some people who will say that's nothin but to me that was a sh.tload. I was high alomost every single day for 5 years straight. Except for the rare day or 2 that I didn't have none. I guess it could be called a gateway drug. But I think people could be predisposed to try other drugs. You find out you like to get high you get high one way so many times you wanna try something else to see what it's like. I heard a lot of nasty things about acid when I was in high school. But when I was in college for about 2 years that was when the internet was starting to become a juggernaut. I found stories and experiences on line. Decided I wanted to try it. I didn't do it by myself. Me and 3 other friends did it together. And I loved it. Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb is one of the most beautiful things I have ever experienced while on acid. The song just kept getting better and better. I have a little aggressive edge to me( like dark aggression). I put in Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar in. We all took turns picking music. We would listen to a few songs on a CD and change discs. After the Maryilyn Manson songs were done my friend said he was relieved because it scared the @!#$ out of him! I've had some bad moments on acid. It's definitely not something to try if you have a weak or unsound mind. It can cause you to look at yourself and see things you don't like. It can mess with your head. Like one time it seemed like an hour had gone by and the time on the clock hadn't changed. I got worried I was gonna be permanently f*cked up. I gather my wits and occupied myself with hooking up my Nintendo 64. When I was done 19 minutes had gone by and the clock changed. Coke I like it but it's too damn expensive. I haven't done too much of it and I've only bought it 3 times. I've never spent more than 60 on it at a time. It's great but coming down off it sucks. When I was coming down the last time I did it, I thought to myself, I can see how people get into trouble with this stuff. Coming down sucked I really wanted more! Let me tell you I could bought a couple 8 balls if I wanted but I told myelf " no, you had your fun and that's it". Heroin I don't wanna try. Percocets are nice but I don't see how people get addicted un less they are weak. After you need 4 to catch a buzz that should be a red light. Weed I was either high or really high. I guess that since I didn't smoke as much as other people, I didn't ever notice that it takes more to get high. ME personally I think you get just as high but your so used to it that it don't seem like it. Crack I won't touch. Crank I seriously doubt it. I don't wanna be up for 5 to 7 days. I almost tried it once and would have if I owulda found it but that was years ago. Oxycontin ( hillbilly heroin) I like it but with that if you're gonna do it set strict limits for yourself or don't do it at all. I seen my brother in law lose his job over it. My sister in law's ex boyfriend more than likely died because of it. I seen him dead one time for about 20 minutes after doing at least 5 80 mg pills in one day. The most I ever did in a day was 60 mg. I may catch flame for this post but hey. Yeah I may have been stupid for doing these drugs but I like to get high. I never was in any financial trouble over it. It never affected my jobs that I had. I never became addicted to anything ( well maybe weed). I haven't smoked weed in over 3 years. YEs I miss it but I can wait till I'm out of the Army. I don't want it because I'm addicted to it I smoke it because I like it. To quote my former boss and good friend Bin Wei " I don't think Todd smokes the weed because he needs it. I think he smokes the weed because he likes it." as spoken to my brother in law. Well there's my 2 cents

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 9:27 PM on j-body.org
ENTER KEY DAMMIT!!!!!

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:39 AM on j-body.org
wow that was a hell of a speech todd lol

i think its deffintly addicting, dotn know the details or anything but all i know is my one friend went high to school for the first time like last year, since then hes only went straight about 3 times.....

i personally hate it, but its probably easiest addiction to get over, probably easier than coffe

Friday, May 13, 2005 11:51 PM on j-body.org
BaggedCav98 wrote:^^ same. anyway wheres kanewtz on this subject?

I'm right here.

Since I don't visit this forum ever, I was bored and popped in. Oddly, the first subject I clicked on was here. I seen the word weed and instantly clicked. Ahh the good days.

I will tell you right now, weed is addictive. I was at the point where I could not function without dope. I needed it to work, go to school, sleep and everything else. I used to blaze 20 mins before supper with my family because I always "felt the need to be high".

I was spending over 200 bucks a week on weed, because my parents wouldn't allow me to grow it. It got so bad, I'd have 10 bucks left, no gas in my car and I would buy a gram instead of gas. Would worry about getting home when I was stoned.

Now, after smoking dope every day, multiple times a day for around 6 years I quit. It wasn't because I wanted to, it was because I had a summer job lined up that did a drug test. I would rather make 30 dollars an hour than spend 30 dollars a night in dope.

You wake up one day and realize that there is more to life than dope. I just quit cold turkey. The first week was mad withdrawls. I would wake up sweeting and cold. Thankfully after 2 weeks I had no withdrawls. My buddy's all still smoke dope and offer it to me. Now, even though I didn't get the job, I haven't started again. I like the idea of being "clean". I have alot more money now. This Sunday will mark 11 weeks since I've touched dope. I mean, sure I've rolled up joints for people I know who can't, but never gave into smoking it yet.

I will tell you this. I've had some of the best times of my life stoned. I sadly miss getting right stoned and driving 5 hours to hit up a random bar with some buddy's. Get ripped pass out in a car and wake up the next morning. All my buddy's support my quitting of weed too, so that in a way helped me big time. I also had two friends quit dope shortly after I did.

No one believed I would quit, but alls it takes is willpower. You can quit. I still smoke cigs, and am trying to quit that. Those are way more difficult.

So I am telling you this, it is addictive and can control your life. I've lost alot of friends over it, been dumped by gf's and made a @!#$ load of friends that we still are close today.

Sometimes you need to wake up and realize that you need to grow up. I think thats what I did. I'm sure if you look in AG there are many pics of me smoking dope. Thats all we used to do, get high, play video games, go to the bar or just veg out.

I do miss it, but I don't miss being broke.

Thanks for reading.

Disclaimer: I will probally offend you with what is written in this post.

Friday, May 13, 2005 11:52 PM on j-body.org
KanewtZ (The Pissed Off One) wrote:
BaggedCav98 wrote:^^ same. anyway wheres kanewtz on this subject?

I'm right here.

Since I don't visit this forum ever, I was bored and popped in. Oddly, the first subject I clicked on was here. I seen the word weed and instantly clicked. Ahh the good days.

I will tell you right now, weed is addictive. I was at the point where I could not function without dope. I needed it to work, go to school, sleep and everything else. I used to blaze 20 mins before supper with my family because I always "felt the need to be high".

I was spending over 200 bucks a week on weed, because my parents wouldn't allow me to grow it. It got so bad, I'd have 10 bucks left, no gas in my car and I would buy a gram instead of gas. Would worry about getting home when I was stoned.

Now, after smoking dope every day, multiple times a day for around 6 years I quit. It wasn't because I wanted to, it was because I had a summer job lined up that did a drug test. I would rather make 30 dollars an hour than spend 30 dollars a night in dope.

You wake up one day and realize that there is more to life than dope. I just quit cold turkey. The first week was mad withdrawls. I would wake up sweeting and cold. Thankfully after 2 weeks I had no withdrawls. My buddy's all still smoke dope and offer it to me. Now, even though I didn't get the job, I haven't started again. I like the idea of being "clean". I have alot more money now. This Sunday will mark 11 weeks since I've touched dope. I mean, sure I've rolled up joints for people I know who can't, but never gave into smoking it yet.

I will tell you this. I've had some of the best times of my life stoned. I sadly miss getting right stoned and driving 5 hours to hit up a random bar with some buddy's. Get ripped pass out in a car and wake up the next morning. All my buddy's support my quitting of weed too, so that in a way helped me big time. I also had two friends quit dope shortly after I did.

No one believed I would quit, but alls it takes is willpower. You can quit. I still smoke cigs, and am trying to quit that. Those are way more difficult.

So I am telling you this, it is addictive and can control your life. I've lost alot of friends over it, been dumped by gf's and made a @!#$ load of friends that we still are close today.

Sometimes you need to wake up and realize that you need to grow up. I think thats what I did. I'm sure if you look in AG there are many pics of me smoking dope. Thats all we used to do, get high, play video games, go to the bar or just veg out.

I do miss it, but I don't miss being broke.

Thanks for reading.

I forgot to add, it's not a gateway drug at all. I have many friends who never touched dope and snort coke, I've been offered coke and have never done it.

Saturday, May 14, 2005 8:55 AM on j-body.org
^^^ Attaboy...

The argument cuts both ways though, it might not have been a gateway drug for you specifically, or your friends, but then again, most people that move up to heavier drugs started with weed.

Also, The addiction wasn't physical, you had cold sweats and the like, but you weren't involuntarily kicking, or the like... such as what you get with heroin withdrawl. Mental Addictions are just a hard to cope with, and I'm not trying to detract from what you're saying, I'm really proud of you for kicking the habit, Newtz.

Now if you'd just quit huffing Gasoline and glue, you'd be able to focus on beaver hunting!

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Saturday, May 14, 2005 11:01 AM on j-body.org
Sweetness, beaver ranger right here.

Sunday, May 15, 2005 12:36 PM on j-body.org
...have you ever looked at the back of a dollar bill?

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Sunday, May 15, 2005 4:44 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]...have you ever looked at the back of a dollar bill?

On weed? No, we don't have dollar bills in Canada, we have coin.

Monday, May 16, 2005 7:01 AM on j-body.org
I have a Canadian 1 dollar bill, and for that matter a 2 dollar bill as well. I think Keeper was refering to the US dollar bill which has a nice 13 step pyramid, the all seeing eye, the latin which means "Announcing the birth of a new secular order", the Eagle with 32 feathers on one wing and 33 on the other (the highest ranks in the two houses of Freemasonry being 32nd degree in the blue lodge and 33rd degree in the red lodge (The eagle happens to be looking over it's right wing as well)), the 13 arrows, etc etc etc.. There is a great deal of symbology on the bill, and it clearly shows how was/is in charge of the US monetary system and likely most of the government.

PAX
Monday, May 16, 2005 7:02 AM on j-body.org
Oh ya.. George Washington's records clearly show that he grew pot. Not hemp for industrial use but Cannabis Sativa which is really only valued as a recreational plant. He ordered his staff to remove all male plants meaning he did not want seed.. Hmmm...

PAX
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search