Ghosts, real or not? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Ghosts, real or not?
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:31 AM on j-body.org
Thanks Spike I did the hyper link thing and it never works for me. ?? don't know why ??
Maybe it doesn't like me. thanks for the advice I'll try it that way next time.< > do the same thing as hyperlink? Cool thank you.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:31 AM on j-body.org
Tell me how come there are hardly ever any GOOD,REAL non grainy in focus pics of ghosts. I guess its the same reason why we cant get a good picture of BIGFOOT and UFO's. A little unattainable I assume.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:36 AM on j-body.org
Ok that ones easy, Its because they were caught on film ACCIDENTLY. Well most of the time anyway. Did you look at some of those pics? Some were not grainy or out of focus at all. But there fakes right? Just like the rims on your sig. You actualy have spinner hub caps don't you? Photo shop is awesome good work!

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:37 AM on j-body.org
Oh wait so U.F.O's are not real either?

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 9:33 AM on j-body.org
Unidentified flying objects are real, aliens may be real but have not visited yet IMO but then how would I know? I dont. Just like I dont know that ghosts dont exist. But I BELIEVE they dont exist, no one else KNOWS unless they are dead.

I did look at the photographs and yes while some were decent the majority were not. And your arguement is they were photographed 'Accidentally' well if the cameraman was taking a picture of people, landmarks, etc. Then wouldnt he/she want a good quality picture? I guess he dont know how to work the focus or whatnot.

Oh and yes my spinners hubcaps cost me $885 plus balancing plus tires and lugnuts.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 9:41 AM on j-body.org
My point exactly, NR I've experienced things that you'd never believe, like Spectres and the like, but even if i had evidence, there's no guarentee that you won't take the evidence as evidence, and find ways to debunk it because from the relativistic point, there is no hard undisputed evidence (Get a trained psycologist with a murder witness long enough, and the witness with start believing they dreamed the whole event).

It's like how everyone claims "Photoshop" on things.

There are certain things your mind is not designed to accept as a possibility--no matter how much evidence you're confronted with. It's just the way we are. Some people like myself see God as a fundamental implausibility--and for me, that works--there's no amount of evidence i can forsee that would make me see otherwise (possibly short of seeing God itself and asking for ID). Just like for some people--they find spectres a fundamental implausibility, and nothing short of seeing one and God himself coming down and telling them that it's a ghost (assuming they believe in God).

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:07 AM on j-body.org
Fair enough guys but if ghosts or spirits do not exist then why when you die do all bodies lose the exact same amount of weight? Its not much only a couple of grams but its proven that at the time of death you lose this weight. Where does it go? What was the weight made up of? These are medical / scientific questions that can not be answered by anyone who thinks ghosts or spirits do not exist. Ask Gam he works forensics I bet he knows what I'm refering to and I bet there is no plausable answer as to the weight lose other then ones spirit leaving your body.

Damn 2nr they stuck you !! Spinner hubcaps around here are only like $40.00.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:18 AM on j-body.org
Part of that, Jack, is that your lungs are nearly always inflated, and thus pressurized. Air has weight. As the body loses muscular conrol, the air from your longs equalizes with the outside air.

Still, I do believe in them, having experienced them, but i think it's energy, not matter, and assuming that a spectre is an energy field, you would need a really sensitive scale to measure it--it would be in the picograms if anything.

Plus, if you took a bioelectrical field reading, the decline would be attributed to the brain shutting off, not "giving up the ghost."

Like I said, those who can't believe in ghosts--or don't want to believe in them will come up with other hypotheses to discredit it--based upon their own perception.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:33 AM on j-body.org
Ok Keeper with your air in the lungs theroy in hand my next question to you would be
why is the weight constant between all people? For little babies to morbidly obeese
to people who would be considered as giants. There lungs are of different size so they would hold a different volume of air that would seem to dictate that the amount of weight of the air would very between people, correct? Well the amount of weight lost at the time of death is constant and can be measured between anyone and is the same amount. So your air theroy isn't...... air tight. Sorry I couldn't help myself. I know
you dont believe in God and this isn't meant as personal dig but if you believe when you die thats it and its just black doesn't that get a little depressing? I'm not a bible thumper and I don't go to church but I believe when we die we go somewhere. No wonder your always such a little ray of sunshine around here.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:59 AM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:Ok Keeper with your air in the lungs theroy in hand my next question to you would be
why is the weight constant between all people? For little babies to morbidly obeese
to people who would be considered as giants. There lungs are of different size so they would hold a different volume of air that would seem to dictate that the amount of weight of the air would very between people, correct? Well the amount of weight lost at the time of death is constant and can be measured between anyone and is the same amount. So your air theroy isn't...... air tight. Sorry I couldn't help myself. I know
you dont believe in God and this isn't meant as personal dig but if you believe when you die thats it and its just black doesn't that get a little depressing? I'm not a bible thumper and I don't go to church but I believe when we die we go somewhere. No wonder your always such a little ray of sunshine around here.

That's a very good point. I never even knew that.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 11:18 AM on j-body.org
Kinda spooky to actualy have concrete proof handed to you as to there existance huh?

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 11:51 AM on j-body.org
*part*, jack, part. from my sources (albeit incomplete) Says that the experiments were inclonclusive at best, and the weight losses were not consistent. I'd like to see your sources on the matter, if you don't mind.

Further, the lungs are always pressurized--if they weren't a lung would collapse. hence even due to his (MacDougall's) experiments, the mass of air within your body would have to be accounted for--even given the details i have, i would need more information, because shar inhalationa nd exhalation would not effect the scales much--the pressure differentials from exhalation and inhlation would momentarily offset the loss of air mass within his lungs--as in i don't know if he checked the scales while holding his breath--just forcible inhalation and exhalation.

While i'm not discrediting that Ghosts do exist, i do believe that MacDougal's experiments were inconclusive, at best, and as i said, i'd like to see your sources in this matter. It is my belief that spectres are energy entities, and thus would have a negligable mass, but some form of energy field.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 11:56 AM on j-body.org
While were on the subject of the weight of souls versus the weight of pressurized air in lungs. Jackalope wasnt your arguement the fact that lungs are different sizes so they have different weight? If you can tell me that all souls are exactly the same size and given weight for the obese vs. a baby then you made a good point. If not then you arguement is discredited.

Yea I found out I got stiffed when I found the same same spinners in a dumpster outside where I got mine.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 12:09 PM on j-body.org
I'll try to find a link for you but in the mean time you guys check out the name of the movie that was made a few years back it related to this subject the name was something grams I can't recall the exact name as I never saw the movie but it tells about what I said in it.

2nr I'm sorry to hear about that man next time your in the market for spinners I'll keep my eyes open for you.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 12:34 PM on j-body.org
Ok here you go proof you ask for proof I give. The doctors name was Dr.Duncan MacDougall and the results of experaments he conducted with people who were dieing where conducted in 1907. Wher he took
6 pationts who were very near death and placed them on a bed with a very precise scale. At the time of death ALL 6 experenced a weight loss of 21 grams. Here are the links I found
http://www.ghostweb.com/soul.html
http://healingabout.com/b/a/062368.htm

I hope this sheds some light on the subject of ghosts and gives you the proof you need
to realize that there is something there that leaves apon your death. Its called your soul and it weighs 21 grams.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 12:46 PM on j-body.org
Jack, read the link i posted....

http://www.snopes.com/religion/soulweight.asp

1) the weight was not precicely 21 grams--it varied not only from person-to-person, but it was not all done at the moment of death, some it varied out over time, like 1/4oz at death, then 1/4oz later.
2) 2 of the experiments had to be discredited by MacDougall himself, thus leaving the sample size down to 4
3) none of them were babies.

hence, why the results were inconclusive--at best. I am not saying that it's 100% false, but it's not conclusively true, either. more study would have to be done with modern methods, possibly a device to measure the mass of the air exhaled, some device to record bioelectric fields, definitly an infrared camera, and even better, a scale that is not only hyper-accurate (in comparison to technology nearly 100 years old), but one that states from what point was the weight lost--head, chest, abdomen, legs, et al...

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 1:18 PM on j-body.org
I guess noone else saw fit to study this as its creepy as s--t. But from what I read it was a constant 21 grams. I didn't see where he dis-credited himself tho I wont doubt you. As I've been getting busy here at work lately. However you cannot argue the fact that the peoples bodies lost weight during death and that since the intire body was beeing weighed on a bed on a scale it would seem that the evidence would clearly
show something left the body and there was a noteable difference in its weight. Now whether the weight came from the head or body or the pinkie toe I don't see where this would matter at all. Only the fact that the body lost weight and was proved to lose weight
shows conclusively that some variable had changed. And that variable would be ones
spirit leaving at the time of death. What else but this could explain the difference in weight?

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 3:12 PM on j-body.org
Many thingsd that your mind--or my mind hasn't considered...remember that

Out of the 6 weighings, 2 he discredited...mainly because the weighing equipment wasn't calibrated by the time they died. Even so, 6 is not a large sampling, and thus, can only be taken as a curio, rather than conclusive evidence. Further, the weight varied from a half an ouce to an ounce and a half--if i'm reading it right.

Anyhow, The reason you need to cover everything like i said is because, say, the weight was lost from the abdomen, that's where we should look for the missing "weight"--what would happen in the chest/abdomen to cause this? Or, say it was the head? or the extremities?

Further, we are talking about 1900's tech, not 2000's tech. While we're not perfect nowadays, we do have more at our disposal, and we can tighten the constraints--we don't know conclusively what constraints he had, and how tight they were in testing his apparatus (it could be conceived that if the scale was not constructed for a shift in weight, a shift in weight can throw things off (which goes both ways--it could mean that because of the shift in weight, the loss in weight was the same, but because of a shift, it misreported it, or that the shift in weiught causedthe scale to erroneusly report that the person got lighter, when it could have been blood pooling in a part of the body causing the other part of the body to become lighter.

There are so many variables on his experiments that no one can conclusively say that the loss in weight was indeed the soul. If anything, it says we need to look more into this.

Plus, if this would be the case, then, the same loss of weight should happen when someone has an OBE, and the weight should be regained when they come back.

Again, i'm not doubting the existance of a soul/spirit/ghost/whever your term is for it. I'm doubting this experiment as THE proof that one exists

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 6:15 PM on j-body.org
Keeper I asked someone who has been around a lot of people as they died. My mother used to be a registed nurse. According to her when someone dies they take a deep last breath that does not come back out thats #1 . #2 is that according to the links you provided the amount of weight lost was between 1/4 to 1 1/2 ounces. Thats a lot of air even if the dead body were to exhale but according to a regestered nurse never happens because when you die your muscle relax your diaphram muscle is flexed every time you exhale meaning its being worked but when it relaxes you inhale so your theroy where it seemed pluseable at first just because we aren't doctors it was proven false by someone who was very close to being one. B.T.W. She further stated that the recorded weight was always slightly less then the weight of the person before they died.
So it would seem that Dr.MacDougall was deffinently on to something in his weighing of the bodies. Yes we are a little more advanced now then in the 1900's but scales have not changed in thousands of years. Weight measurement is weight measurement no matter now or 100 years ago. And I'm sorry I don't quite follow you as to the significance of where in the body the weight camd from its still gone. My question to you is to show me what else could cause weight loss at the time of death
if its not air and its not bodily fluids being expelled what pray tell is leaveing that would cause such a weight loss if not your spirit being released.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:14 PM on j-body.org
Besides the fact that air weighs not much at all. Enough that I dont think there would BE enough in your lungs to measure in grams. Yet I still dont understand how a 'Spirit' would have any weight either. What I mean is how would gravity affect them seeing as they have no material form whatsoever. Assuming they exist.

Also after a death the body undergoes putrefication which may result in a loss in weight as well.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 3:33 AM on j-body.org
2nr, But not at the exact instant death occurers. I dont know if a spirit or what but the fact that weight is lost at all and has no way of being shown where the weight came from is pretty creepy.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 4:41 AM on j-body.org
So you automatically assume that the weight loss comes from something that SHOULD have no gravity pull on it whatsoever. That seems kind of absurd to me.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 6:27 AM on j-body.org
Hey I'm not the one who came up with this I'm only reporting what I've found out because you guys said you wanted proof of ghosts. Well I found that a weight lose does occure when you die and its not attributable to air escaping your lungs so what else could it be? I'm not assumeing anything 2nr other then the facts. And in this case the facts would seem to show the body loses weight, Where does it go? I wont say it a spirit but if its not what happens to the weight?

Ghosts are real. There is too much evidence to prove they're existence for them to be meerliy mass hystarea. Pictures some very old with something in them that looks like a ghost and cannot be explained, Video caught of ghosts, Audio of ghosts, And if you like I'll even tell you where you can go and see ghosts everymorning as the sun comes up. 2 places 1st are the battlefields at Gettysberg, every morning at dawn soliders can be seen marching accrose the battlefield only to disappear right in front of you. And
2nd A beach located in I believe North Carrolina where again at sunrise you can see
soldiers who were prisoners of war during the civil war marching up the beach only to vanish in front of you. If these are not ghosts and they have been seen by countless people over the years the what are they?

I know therre are things we cannot explain out there and its unnearveing to some not to be able to. But this does not change the fact that they do exist.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 7:08 AM on j-body.org
The existence of these things are merely in the eye of the beholder. Meaning if you go looking for it you will find it , even if its not real. Now Im not disputing the fact they may exist just the fact that all the supposed 'FACTS/PROOF' that you provided cannot be used to accurately determine the existence of these things. Pictures and second hand account wont prove jack and I cant tell you where the weight loss comes from. I researched and couldnt find it but I CAN tell you that weight is merely the force of gravity on an object of mass that displaces the environment it occupies. A ghost/spirit has no mass and doesnt occupy any space so weight loss cannot be attributed to that.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 8:25 AM on j-body.org
Cool 2nr at least we agree the weight loss cannot be accounted for. Now shift your attention towards the issue I brought up about Gettysberg. TONS of photos and 100's
of eyewitnesses. How can that be explained away? See your getting closer to the conclusion I've already come to that these things must exist.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search