2 reasons why Bush will do whatever he can for TEX - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2 reasons why Bush will do whatever he can for
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 10:46 AM on j-body.org
I think those involved in the planning needed to understand the ramifications of what they were doing then.

Either way, the whole coast line in the Gulf is vulnerable to Hurricanes so I find it really odd that the exodus and relief operations were so poorly co-ordinated... Too many screw ups and too many people died because of it.

There's no way to restore the Delta (at least, not without the benefit of a few thousand years of work by nature), but I think that until it sinks into the ocean, it MAY be a good idea to shore up what's there, and do like the other places on the Mississippi Delta have done: Leave it the hell alone!

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 11:21 AM on j-body.org
the best thing, BAM, would be to take out the channeling and SRSs (sediment retention structures, and the leevees, and then just let nature take its course. build the city out of the floodplain--if you're smart.

screw shoring it up--haven't we done enough?

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:57 PM on j-body.org
I doubt that there's a lot more that can be done... You're talking about a trillion dollars in compensation for the displaced and reclaimation.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 10:05 AM on j-body.org
I'm just taking about things in nature terms...we screw with nature, she screws us back with a spiked dildo.

The more we try to control nature, the harder she will hit us.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 11:04 AM on j-body.org
Well, we can manage our impact on our surroundings, modify ourselves not the environ.. to a point.

Once someone breaks out the heavy machinery, we're screwed back

But, Aboriginies in australia and to a point, western north american indians could control their impact (and successfully deforest areas in order to create viable hunting grounds) while modifying their environment.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 11:05 AM on j-body.org
Well, every specie impacts the environment.

The difference is, most aboriginal species tried to work in harmony--we work in opposition and to control it.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thursday, October 06, 2005 8:26 AM on j-body.org
^^^ True enough.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search