new gas prices?! - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: new gas prices?!
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 10:24 AM on j-body.org
Did you like that Gam? Thought you'd get a kick out of it. Anyway yeah I'd say they were robbing you. Hey how far are you from the border? Is it worth coming here for gas?
Oh I know you can supply us with cheep perscription drugs and we can supply you with cheeper gas. Hows that sound to you?

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 10:33 AM on j-body.org
Yeah I'm loving gas right now. Its nice to buy premium this low!~
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 11:17 AM on j-body.org
JacK: I knew I was being robbed a LONG time ago...

And I'm not close enough to the border to buy gas easily. But, I may hit up Borsty or someone in NY to take a Tire-Rack order and hold on to it for a little while until I can drive down and pick it up.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 11:29 AM on j-body.org
Oh well just a thought man sorry it wasn't any help.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 7:43 PM on j-body.org
No problem. My Grand-dad used to live about a 10 minute drive away from the US (he was in Sarnia, and the town on the US side of the lake was Port Huron, MI) and he'd tank up there all the time until the exchange rate drove past stupid to the molten core of the earth (he also lost his license after totalling his car, but that's a whole different story, he's fit a s a fiddle now ... needless to say, thank goodness for side impact door beams).

If you do the math, in about 2000, it cost us Canadians $1.40+ to buy $1 US. if we bought here, we're still ahead of the game.

However, I do like the fact that you can get smoking deals on Tires (it would have cost me over $600 to buy my winter tires here, and no winter rims!), and parts etc. It was one of the reasons I got back into the JBO, it was getting hella expensive to customise my 00 Grand Am (over $3000 for the wheels, tires and shocks/springs I wanted, no labour).

Now that exchange is back to decent levels (Only costs me about $1.17 to buy a USD), I'm thinking of finding someone to take a few orders for me in watertown NY, save me some money, and I get a 45 minute drive every few weeks to go pick up stuff for my car, or other things.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 1:36 AM on j-body.org
A while back while it was 98.9 c/L, I think that converted to around $4.50 USD/Gallon. Well, it's 83.9c/L at each gas station, and 82.4c/L at walmart with the extra 1.5c off.

So a rough guess... about $3.50 USD/Gallon here? Too lazy to do the conversions right now (it's 3:36AM)
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 3:46 AM on j-body.org
Where are you from Calvin?

Anyhow, figure 4L per gallon, and drop off 15% for conversion.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 11:23 AM on j-body.org
Gas is alot more expensive in Canada (we pay more taxes because of a smaller popultation), think about it I can get gas right now for around 86cents/litre in Canada but if i go to States (Oklahoma) I can get it for 65cents/litre its crazy. That was canadian funds. Even in NY its still around 70 cents/litre
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 11:33 AM on j-body.org
I live in Calgary, and driving back from the climbing gym last night, gas was at 83.4 cents/L at the Husky station. Three weeks ago it was at 114.9 cents/L. I'm just glad I parked the exploder and bought my econobox.
I've driven across Canada quite a few times, and for some reason the area between Ottawa and North Bay is consistently the cheapest places to fill up (sometimes $0.10/L cheaper than even Calgary). Does anyone know why that is?

Free your mind - shoot your TV.
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 11:45 AM on j-body.org
2.29 in Mi

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 5:42 PM on j-body.org
hey unholysavage.. thats weird.. it should be cheaper in your area because of the oil field but I think it has to be do with the amount of cars around here.

Thursday, November 03, 2005 12:39 PM on j-body.org
its 2.13 in celina ohio
Monday, November 07, 2005 4:05 PM on j-body.org
now its 2.03 in celina ohio
Monday, November 07, 2005 5:58 PM on j-body.org
2.05 for E85 gas
2.09 for 89 gas
2.12 for 92 gas. That was at the cheapest gas station here in Norfolk, NE.

Monday, November 07, 2005 11:25 PM on j-body.org
$2.13 here sofar

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 1:48 AM on j-body.org
$2.15 in Missouri, has been for a week.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 9:24 AM on j-body.org
$2.30 here in Florida

Diesel is $3.20

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 5:12 PM on j-body.org
Just a note about taxes in Canada. If you work it all out and average it across both countries; Canadians pay very very little extra tax when compaired to the US.. Something like 2%. I'd look it up right now, but I'm on my way out the door.

great site Nation Master

PAX
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 5:13 PM on j-body.org
Sorry, I did look it up.. more like 0.2%

World's highest taxed nations

PAX
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 6:20 PM on j-body.org
2.20 in feasterville pa but i go over nj if i fill the tank for 1.90
Thursday, November 10, 2005 1:09 PM on j-body.org
its 1.99 in celina ohio

Thursday, November 10, 2005 6:08 PM on j-body.org
2.03 here in jersey

Thursday, November 10, 2005 10:50 PM on j-body.org
unholysavage wrote:I live in Calgary, and driving back from the climbing gym last night, gas was at 83.4 cents/L at the Husky station. Three weeks ago it was at 114.9 cents/L. I'm just glad I parked the exploder and bought my econobox.
I've driven across Canada quite a few times, and for some reason the area between Ottawa and North Bay is consistently the cheapest places to fill up (sometimes $0.10/L cheaper than even Calgary). Does anyone know why that is?

I'm not sure... I know when I started driving, I could fill up in Ottawa at about 46-47c/l, go to Toronto, tank up at 35c/l and go back to Ottawa and pay 43c/l.. over a long weekend.

As for why... I don't really know.. I know there's a fuel depot here with about 4-5 huge-ass storage tanks, but other than that, I can't really say.

Friday, November 11, 2005 7:31 AM on j-body.org
Yeah, I don't know, either. I know that there's a huge fuel refinery in the far NE of Montreal. Who owns it and what they're producing? IDK. Maybe southern Ontario is cheaper because they're close to some big refineries located just across the border.
I used to laugh when I lived in Montreal. I'd walk to school at 8am and the price of gasoline (87 octane) would be, let's say, 87.9 cents/L. When I went out for lunch that same day it would be totally different (and usually alot lower - maybe 3-5 cents/L less), and when you walked home at 5:30pm it would be back up at 89.9c/L. The difference between a thursday and a friday were usually on the order of 4-5 cents/L. My best guess is that the gas companies were jacking the prices up during peak traffic times. The cheapest day to fill up was always tuesday. Things like that happened every day, whereas in Sask/Alta, gas prices didn't fluctuate wildly during the day.
It's interesting...

Chamillionaire wrote:
I'm being who I am, not what you want me to be...

Friday, November 11, 2005 9:14 AM on j-body.org
2.05 here in Northeast ohio

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search