Drugs VS Drugs - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Drugs VS Drugs
Monday, December 05, 2005 7:14 PM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:Part of the "gateway" effect could be removed by removing the product from the hands of the underworld as well. When you go to the liquore store, chances are they are not also selling cocain, so you have no temptation to use cocain. If the people selling canabis only sold canabis and it was not thrust into the dirty underbelly of society, less people would be exposed to "hard" drugs, and therefore never tempted in the first place.

this is true, but look at it from the seller's standpoint: they have access to a cash product. selling just weed will get them so much money, but if they diversify and sell more than just weed, they can make a lot more money.

we can all sit here and say "if if if", because the hypothetical is so easy to guess about. anything is possible when you look at it with a hypothetical viewpoint. the problem is, not everyone who says "if we do this" will be right. they're just guessing as to what could happen. nobody can predict what WILL happen if weed is legalized, they can just make guesses.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 4:45 AM on j-body.org
You may be right that we don't know exactly, but I think we have a pretty good example of the pro and cons of prohibition through the example of alcohol. Alcohol prohibition didn't work, created a huge underground crime scene and was generally damaging. Lifting prohibition created some problems too, but the problems of abuse are not as bad as the problems of a rich and powerful criminal underground.

There's also the treatment of those who are addicts. As long as a substance remains illegal people will be far less likely to seek treatment volentarily. Help should be there for those who need it. The tax revenue collected could easily pay for that and help augment the health care system in general. Afterall, with so many people giving up cigarettes, tax revenues are dropping.

PAX
Tuesday, December 06, 2005 4:44 PM on j-body.org
yes, the prohibition of alcohol was a pretty nasty time... but that was nearly a century ago. times have changed considerably. again, we can only guess as to what the effects would be if the legalization of weed would be.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 4:55 AM on j-body.org
The times have changed, human nature has not. I think we can learn a lot from our history.

PAX
Friday, December 09, 2005 5:50 AM on j-body.org
C'mon who actually thinks that stoners would get violent over pot? There wouldn't be no violence like in the 20's with the alcohol prohibition. Stoners once they get high just wanna listen to some music, play video games, watch some tv, and eat!! When's the last time you seen someone that was high being angry? And then think about how many times you've seen people get into fights while they were drinking? How many people get sucidal sometimes when they are feeling bad and drinking? A stoner is too busy thinking philosophical or totally abstract thoughts that make you scratch your head in amazement! I think it can be a gateway drug. I tried other stuff after pot. Coke, Oxycontin, and Acid. I like coke but it's too expensive and easy to get hooked on. I only do it every once in a while. Oxycontin is very easy to get hooked on. I've seen a few people get hooked on it. Seen one person die from it. When I do it I set strict limits for myself. With coke and oxy I don't do over so much in a day. I don't do them that often either. Acid haven't had any in years. Yeah some of you may ridicule me about it but hey. My life's straight and I refuse to let that ruin my life. But over all I like weed the best. I like it more than drinking. When I would smoke I wouldn't smoke till I was home after work. I had a physical job and weed makes you lazy! Anyways I think it should be legalized. Compared to alcohol in my case it was a better investment. I could make an 1/8 last a week. An 1/8 for me was the same price as a case of beer. A case by yourself would last 2 maybe 3 nights. For me it was economically cheaper!

Saturday, December 10, 2005 8:31 AM on j-body.org
Todd Nixon wrote:C'mon who actually thinks that stoners would get violent over pot? There wouldn't be no violence like in the 20's with the alcohol prohibition. Stoners once they get high just wanna listen to some music, play video games, watch some tv, and eat!! When's the last time you seen someone that was high being angry? And then think about how many times you've seen people get into fights while they were drinking? How many people get sucidal sometimes when they are feeling bad and drinking? A stoner is too busy thinking philosophical or totally abstract thoughts that make you scratch your head in amazement!

are you joking? have you ever watched the news? people have been known to steal and kill to get their hands on pot. sure, they're docile as cattle when they're high, but some people can go to extremes to get their next fix.

Saturday, December 10, 2005 9:57 AM on j-body.org
^^^ Can you actually link us to a story on this? I live in Mary-jane central and i've never heard of this...

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, December 15, 2005 12:15 AM on j-body.org
Someone please tell me how tar gets into pot, carbon monoxide I'll believe...

How many steps to heaven, Doc?
...Ah, metaphysics.
Thursday, December 15, 2005 5:11 AM on j-body.org
Jonathan Pike wrote:Someone please tell me how tar gets into pot, carbon monoxide I'll believe...

Carbon monoxide is a gas and is a byproduct of burning. The tar is in the pot naturally, similar tar is in tobacco
Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:35 AM on j-body.org
The tar isn't really tar... not in the petroleum sense...

it's what you get when you dry the leaves, and the natural oils congeal.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 10:42 PM on j-body.org
ah, makes sense to me.

Someday I'll quit smoking.

How many steps to heaven, Doc?
...Ah, metaphysics.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search