Boxing vs. Pride - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Boxing vs. Pride
Saturday, December 31, 2005 2:19 AM on j-body.org
I love and hate having dinner in restaurants with my family....haha let me explain,...My parents were going to eat greek food and I ended up tagging along because my woman was working until 11pm.....and because Im poor and hungry haha. We had just finished eating and I simply said that I was anxious to see more pride fighting this month.... Instantly my step-dad goes off of how lame it is and its no nearly as good or as technical as boxing....I damn near lost my drink in his face in bitter disgust......he thinks that submissions, and grappling arent fighting. Hes seen a few UFC fights that werent that exciting so hes based his conclusion on some amatuers.......I tried to make valid point such as Pride is much more interesting and technical due to the mixed martial arts, street-fighting and kick boxing backgrounds. The thrill of seeing two completely different styles fight is more interesting than constant jabbing and throwing your head around.......mix things up with a kick to the head, or a tackle to ground and pound.........If you know who Fedor Emelianenko is (sambo world champion, judo world champion, and PRIDE world heavyweight champion ) you know he's unstoppable....
I would love to see him fight a cocky heavyweight boxer like Lennox Lewis or Mike Tyson..... Sure theyve got punching power.....but so does Fedor, plus......what would a boxer do on their back or in a guilitine choke? What do you guys think........

Re: Boxing vs. Pride
Saturday, December 31, 2005 8:21 AM on j-body.org
i think personally your an idiot fot wanting to throw your drink in the face of the man that gave you life.

however on topic i agree with you from someone that has trained braz. jiu jitsu and slight aikido (very slight i dont have the body for it ) boxing and pride are 2 difforant worlds. you cant compair the two. as i respect the world of boxing its not what i watch and never will be, im a fan of the fast paced kick you in the face world of ufc/pride.my world is grappling and i look up to the gracie family considering they are pioneers in the sport.

Saturday, December 31, 2005 10:35 AM on j-body.org
jason rubito(beatz) wrote:i think personally your an idiot fot wanting to throw your drink in the face of the man that gave you life.

First off It was his Step-Dad

Second it wasn't throwing his drink in his face. It is he was going to spit up/spray what was in his mouth. You know he was saying it as an expression.

So maybe you should take back that he is an Idiot lol

Personally I really don't get into eighter but many of my friends like UFC.

Saturday, December 31, 2005 10:36 AM on j-body.org
Boxing and Ultimate fighting are comparible......boxing just has way more limitations and the skill stops at your wasteline. I think anyone would agree that they would be more worried going into a fight knowing that you may get punched, kicked, tackled, or submitted. Oh and by the way, your an idiot for thinking my STEP-DAD gave me life.
Sunday, January 01, 2006 12:18 PM on j-body.org
they are 2 completely different things. each sport has their own style of fighting. thats like putting lebron james against curtis martin and seeing who is the better running back.

Sunday, January 01, 2006 2:54 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

lebron james against curtis martin and seeing who is the better running back.

Neither. lol.

Sunday, January 01, 2006 3:04 PM on j-body.org
Baggewd Cav wrote:they are 2 completely different things. each sport has their own style of fighting. thats like putting lebron james against curtis martin and seeing who is the better running back.

How about who's the better Goalie in hockey?

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Sunday, January 01, 2006 3:25 PM on j-body.org
I think the "mixed martial arts" fighting is a lot tougher than boxing... Here's why. Boxing is part of the skills fighters must have to compete in UFC fights. They must also have kicking, wrestling, grappling and have to fight on the ground.

To compair the two is like saying that one sport is making a cake, and the other is making a 12 course meal with a cake.

And did you ever see "iceman" liddell's ears? You know he's been hit a few times...

Just my 2 cents... But those are 2 American cents, which is about $400 Canadian dollars...

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Sunday, January 01, 2006 3:34 PM on j-body.org
The thing is they are two entirely different sports. Yes you could put a boxer in the ring with a martial artist and the martial artist will win but if you put the constraints of boxing on them it would be much harder for them to win a fight with a boxer. Maybe they would score a knock out if they were lucky but when it comes to the technical aspects of boxing a martial artist may not score as many points. Its actually more like comparing soccer to hockey. They have the same objective (Score Goals) but different ways to go about it. They both have there attractions to different crowds to me neither are really all that exciting I would rather watch a hockey or football (American) game.
Sunday, January 01, 2006 4:32 PM on j-body.org
Boxing is more technical because of the limited area and limited techniques that you have at your disposal. MMA is mor tactical because, with a few exceptions, everything is allowed and you have to defend about more then just punches, you have to be able to sprawl, to block high and low, and also be able to protect against submissions.

I prefer MMA because that's what I teach, but boxing can be just as exciting as a good stand up MMA fight.

Yella02-I promise I will return to you in one piece and this will stay up until I am safely home

Sunday, January 01, 2006 6:01 PM on j-body.org
John Wilken wrote:And did you ever see "iceman" liddell's ears? You know he's been hit a few times...
Cauliflower ears.... attractive

Quote:

Just my 2 cents... But those are 2 American cents, which is about $400 Canadian dollars...

No, that's about $0.023 cents CDN.

Saint: I like that description... Isn't there a rule about no shots to the testicles or eyes?

I thought I heard that.

Sunday, January 01, 2006 9:02 PM on j-body.org
That's why I said with a few exceptions. You can't kick or knee to the head while your opponent is on the ground, can't punch to the back of the head, however if your opponent moves and you punch him in the back of the head it is allowed, like you mentioned, nothing to the eyes, or groin, no strikes to the neck, I believe that's it, I may have missed a couple there, but that is most of it.

Yella02-I promise I will return to you in one piece and this will stay up until I am safely home

Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:19 PM on j-body.org
I don't follow the MMA/Pride/UFC circuit... I'll take your word for it.

Monday, January 02, 2006 10:30 PM on j-body.org
Pride allows for Stomps and knees to a downed opponent. They dont allow elbows because they feel it promotes premature cut stopages. I love the UFC more but anyone who has not seen Pride and likes UFC should watch it. You may not fall in love with Pride but it is well worth checking it out.
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 12:03 AM on j-body.org
how many times do you see a guy shatter his leg from kickin abother guy in a boxing match???
none!
nuff said
UFC all the way
but i think PRIDE is better than UFC

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 7:14 AM on j-body.org
Pride is way better than UFC
chuck liddell didnt even last in pride ...... quinton ''rampage'' jackson whooped him. Kevin randleman left UFC for pride.... I hope that tim sylvia blob goes to pride thinking fedor aint @!#$. haha
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:14 AM on j-body.org
ok so what are we suppose to be aruging here? seems like it died out

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 11:12 AM on j-body.org
just an aside comment:

Who cares if someone gave you life--being a parent has no minimum IQ except for knowing how to place a penis in a woman's body, or how to accept a penis into your own--and instinct dictates knowledge for that.

So, just remember, being a dad--or a mom is not guarentee of respect...your performace as the aformentioned figurehead is.

Carry on

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 1:55 PM on j-body.org
Happy new year keeper!!! have a good trip?

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats as good as they are going to feel all day. ~ Dean Martin

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 2:44 PM on j-body.org
Graden wrote:Happy new year keeper!!! have a good trip?

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 7:14 AM on j-body.org
Has anyone seen Fedor Emelianenko vs. Zulu........Zulu is 6'7 , 400lbs.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 11:25 AM on j-body.org
Still out here, just had my posts replenished.... I'm flying back Saturday...

However, on topic, i will say this...anyone that takes martial arts seriously would never go into the UFC.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 5:19 PM on j-body.org
Are you kidding me......Theyr in PRIDE because they are the best.....There are some serious martial artists in the UFC....... but pride has the best martial artists (its founded out of japan)
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 5:27 PM on j-body.org
jordan kruger wrote:Are you kidding me......Theyr in PRIDE because they are the best.....There are some serious martial artists in the UFC....... but pride has the best martial artists (its founded out of japan)
first off i appologize for misunderstanding your comment thats my fault.

secondly, how do you know they are the best ? just cause they have a belt saying they beat up another artist does not define them as the best. there are many many many martial artists that do not believe in fighting for pay, after all that is what they are doing. martial arts heritage goes back very far and it is very clear when it states that it is used solely for self defence. thats it !!!!! have you taken any classes ? its the first thing you learn....

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 8:55 PM on j-body.org
My penis hurts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search