WHAT DID YOU GET PULLED OVER FOR?? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WHAT DID YOU GET PULLED OVER FOR??
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 5:23 PM on j-body.org
i pulled over for window tint, cuz it wasnt safe to have in my windows in case of a accident. lol

AND i also i got pulled over cuz my exuast was to loud...... but he didnt measure the sound levels and told me i had to take my muffler off..... then i sold that muffler and he put it on the same day i took it off. 5 months later he is still buzzin(honda civic) around and i had mine on for 2 weeks, soo im pretty pissed about that....

ANYWAYS leave funny stories about cops!!

Re: WHAT DID YOU GET PULLED OVER FOR??
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 6:01 PM on j-body.org
Well noise level is Officers discretion, and I am not going to post anything about officers because I respect them and the job they do protecting our streets.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 6:14 PM on j-body.org
ive only been pulled over twice, both were funny as hell

first time i got pulled over, i was doing 65 in a 55, cop asks me how fast i was going, i said, 65 mph. he says "well the limit is 55." i say to him "really, i thought the sign said 65" he goes "no it drops to 55 about a mile back there" i go "well im really sorry i had no idea, im new to the area" he goes "well im going to let you go this time, just be more careful"
thing is...the road is 55 the whole way, i think he was just kinda dumb

2nd time i got busted doing....get this 65 in a 65... the road was just bumped up from 55 to 65, cop still thought the speed was 55, he nails me, i stop, he goes "son, do you know how fast you were going" i go "first of all its not son, and 2nd of all, i was going 65" he goes"ok smart ass the limit here is 55" I then pointed to the 65 mph speed limit sign and go "not according to the sign" he gave me the "im an idiot" look and says "have a nice day" and leaves

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 6:15 PM on j-body.org
well with my 99 cav i got pulled over for using a coat hanger as a muffler hanger stock one rusted out. i told them it was just to get me home and they where ok with that. (it was i just picked up the new one) they had a good point it wasn't the safest idea.

other then that speeding and R.I.D.E checks. which are justifiable IMO

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 6:26 PM on j-body.org
oh i also almost got arrested going back onto my army base after going out with some friends....well we all gave our ID cards to the cop at the gate, when my arsehole friend tells the cop "hey man, those are fake ID's" the cop had me pull over and searched my whole car, then found out the ID's were real.

dude got his ass kicked later the friend, not the cop

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 7:37 PM on j-body.org
I think some states require a sticker indicating the % of tint you have.. If not, it's a PITA to check for light transmission.

You can also use a Decibel Meter to check sound pressure at one meter @ idle and I think it's 1000/2000 RPM. If you don't use a silencer in-city, you're asking for problems. If the cop was straight and not hassling you, I'd think he'd write a repair ticket and get you to either prove that it will conform to the law, or replace the parts with OEM stuff.

I don't know the exact situation, so I can't say for certain.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 8:27 PM on j-body.org
speeding twice, no seatbelt once.

Sorry.....
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-01-13 10:15:53.
This ban will expire 2005-01-14 10:15:35 Pacific Time.
Reason: Free 84 Cavi Drop Top!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 9:35 PM on j-body.org
and the list begins....

3 seatbelts
1 speeding (cav)
1 speeding (aveo)
1 speeding (bike) ...that was a fun day lol...i just put my new exhaust on and wanted to see what it would do lol...
numorous times for neons
2 times for suspicious vehicle
1 for off roading in public park
2 wreckless op ( fun in the snow....)
1 for weaving
1 for a red light
1 for a rolling stop sign
...... i think thats it ....

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 9:51 PM on j-body.org
I was coming home one night at about 1:00am and i get to this intersection which is blocked off by construction trucks. So i turn into the parking lot knowing i can just cut around the intersection. I go past the construction and drive around the curve where there are orange caution barrels blocking the road and a cop standing there. I pull up to him to ask what the hell is going on, but instead he looks at me, walks 50 feet to his car, gets in, starts it, turns his lights on, pulls behind me to block me, gets out walks back to my widow. He tells me i trespassed b/c i went through that parking lot (at 1:00 in the morning) and it's a $250 fine for being in a construction zone. The great thing is that as i'm sitting there, i look in my mirror and see another car come out of the same parking lot, he sees me "pulled over" does a 3-point turn and goes back through the parking lot. Thankfully the cop let me go, i guess he was just freakishly bored or something.

Thursday, January 19, 2006 12:28 AM on j-body.org
Welllllll.....a couple years ago my friends and I who went to OSU (Columbus OH) decided to drive out to OU (Athens OH) for the famous Halloween celebration. We cruisin along...speeding....and fly by a cop without slowing down. First off, I was in the passenger seat and I was wasted (underage); secondly, my friend in the backseat was high, and his halloween costume was a stolen road barrel that we had stuffed in the trunk; and most importantly, my friend who was driving, was in a full chipmunk costume, like the kind you have to rent. So needless to say, we cosidered ourselves completely screwed when we saw the cop light em up. We pull over, and they take me out first. Damn near strip searched me on the side of the highway, found no drugs, so they said I was ok to go. They do the same to the high kid, and he's good. Then to chipmunk boy, quick frisk and he's good. Then the k9 came, and got a hit on the car (they scratch the paint when they smell drugs), so we all got back out. Cops found no drugs when they investigated the hit (we didnt have any). Then they open the trunk, whammo, construction barrel. My friend gives this bs story about it (i started laughing out loud at his story), but the cop bought it. So by now we're like why the f are these cops being so cool with us. Like out loud, I actually said that. And one of them explained that we were driving on a big drug running route and thats all they were looking for that weekend. So we started BSin with the cops....my one friend says "hey I gotta chipmunk head," and I say "hey I gotta camera" yada yada yada...and it lead to this.....................

Thursday, January 19, 2006 4:07 AM on j-body.org
Burned out license plate light bulb.

given a 200 buck or so ticket for loud exhaust.

Got it dropped because

1) I don't live in California, I'm just spending some time here.

2) it was legal.

Thursday, January 19, 2006 6:38 AM on j-body.org
lol the best time i was ever pulled over was for playin' w/ my switches in traffic. cop saw me at a light and followed me. pulled me over and just gave me a warning not to do it around cops

Thursday, January 19, 2006 9:07 AM on j-body.org
no front license plate

Thursday, January 19, 2006 10:17 AM on j-body.org
I've had a mix bag of good cops and bad cops when writing me tickets. I've never talked my way out of one, though.

Ones I deserved....

When I was 17 got pulled over for weeving in and out of traffic.

Four years ago, I got pulled over for doing 95 on a 65. I could of been arrested but I got a break. CHP wrote 85 down.

I benched my body weight and was so stoked and hyped I got pulled over for speeding. I just didn't notice.

Ones I DIDN'T deserve....

I got pulled over doing 65 on a 55 at 4:00 am w/ zero traffic. That's bunk and violates the spirit of the law.

Got pulled over for passing an unmarked police car on the right AFTER GOING TO THE COURT HOUSE TO PAY THE ABOVE TICKET. If the first ticket didn't anger me enough, I wasn't trying to pass on the right in the first place. I was trying to get on the damn freeway and the ramp was closed, and the car on my left was ignoring my blinker so I moved to get around him (lane merged ahead). And then the lights! If I had a gun, I probably would of shot him. Seriously. I was THAT mad. To do this day, my vision blurs in anger just thinking about it. I fought that ticket, tho. Got my fine heavily reduced and no points.

Last year I got pulled over doing 45 in a 35, on a street that's 45 for over 40 miles, except for a half mile in one section. It's arguble I deserved it, but it's not something you expect to encouter after 30 miles of traveling and nothing changing. It's not like I was in country road and suddenly hit city. It was all city. That whole street is a fishing hole for the local police. It's a scam, IMHO.

---

Thursday, January 19, 2006 10:55 AM on j-body.org
7 speeding tickets
4 excessive speeding tickets
6 seatbelts
2 red lights
3 rolled stop signs
1 tail light out
2X window tint
1 no front license plate
1 protective covers on my license plates
1 stereo was too damn loud
1 no valid bike license
1 indecent exposure to a female officer, my buddie mooned her from the passengers seat as we drove by.

A couple of stories.

3 in the morning, coming home from the bar. Dad let me take the bmw out so I wasent drinking at all and was dd for my friends. Coming home, on the highway I let it all hang out. Got pulled over, he said he clocked me at 165kms in a 80... good thing he didn't see me before that. Was about to fill his book on me when he got another call that he had to leave for immediately. Oh darn, verbal warning.

Again... coming home from a friends early in the am. I drive by a parking lot, where there's cops all over and what looked to be street racers all pulled over. I drive by and all of a sudden there's 5 cop vehicles all over me, (NFSMW style) Haul me out of the car, search everything... without consent (looking for my two way radio). Yeah, because obviously I was with those other guys just because I have aftermarket exhaust on my car. They found nothing of course, I tore a strip off of the main guy I was dealing with and eventually carried on my way.

Things are different now that I'm getting older and more grown up. Yeah, I was pretty stupid behind the wheel when I was younger and it cost me alot of money. Being a pizza delivery driver where 4 of my other buddies also worked didn't help much either.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats as good as they are going to feel all day. ~ Dean Martin

Thursday, January 19, 2006 11:20 AM on j-body.org
WAY, WAY Too many stories to type out. I can give you some of the highlights tho.
Back in high school I was street raceing ALOT and getting paid! I never lost, Anyway just for fun ran a guy in a 71 Mustang and as we're heading down the road I can see flashing lights in a state highway garage area where they keep salt stored for the winter.
Well as we go past 3 balto county cops come out at us. The dude in the Mustang turns off and 2 go after him No sooner do I start to breath a sigh of relief cause I'm Waaaay ahead of the 1 left behind me does a state trooper come out of Mickey D's and nearly T-bones me! I keep it to the floor and turn up a road I know deadends BUT that leads to dirt trails and I go off road. Long story short cops get stuck I get away from them and spend the night in the woods scared to death, afraid if I come out I'll get nailed.

As for tickets. I racked up 11 points in less then my first year of driveing for speeding.
Been busted for speeding more times then I can count. Reckless driveing, loud exhaust, seat belts, front tag, radio too loud, spinning tires,etc etc...

Some stuff I got away with. 5% limo tint on my 72 FireBird, car was tagged historic cops can't touch it. Same with the exhaust. Out ran I couldn't tell you how many cops over the years.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, January 19, 2006 11:39 AM on j-body.org
1. Waiting in middle of intersection to turn left, and the light was yellow and cars were still coming from the other way, by the time i turned it was red and the cop only see me going on red, I got let off.

2. Doing 50 in a 35 at a speed trap, got pulled over in my moms truck, couldnt find proof of insurance or registration, I got let off

3. Got pulled over for not scraping all the ice off of my windshield..scraped it off and he let me go.

4. Got pulled over for window tint on front 2 windows, she gave me a warning, but, gave me a hassle on why i had 2 tires in the back seat of my car. Just had to pull tint off of front 2 windows

5. 67 in a 55 at 4:30 in the a.m. going to work on a back road. I also forgot my plates expired because they are not under my name. So i ended up having a $225 ticket.

Thursday, January 19, 2006 2:58 PM on j-body.org
I have been pulled over for a plethora of things, but I understood this thread to be about "funny" events.

Once I was in a group ride with about 10 or so motorcycles. We stopped for fuel and met another group. The other group was going to almost the same place we were so we let them lead and we followed. Myself and another guy were riding "sweep" (at the back of the pack to take care of newbies). The other group turned out to be maniacs, pulling 160km/h wheelies and literally kicking each other's bikes into other lanes etc.

A cruiser spots this, comes in behind and hits the lights. Myself and the other sweep slow to give the pack a chance to get away, then casually exit at the next overpass. The cop asked why we didn't pull over right away and we responded with safety concerns, so far, so good. He then said "those fellas up front were going pretty fast, could you guys catch them and ask them to slow down?"

What!?!?!? They are going fast, we are stopped, you want us to catch them?

We expressed our concern that we would have to go even faster than them to catch them, and while we likely could, we didn't think it was a good idea. He agreed and sent us on our way.

To me, that is pretty damn funny.

PAX
Thursday, January 19, 2006 3:54 PM on j-body.org
WELL....i got pulled over*aggressive acell and exaust to loud, but the funny thing is i knew i was speeding...i know i know, but i cleand my car out earlyer...I TOOK OUT THE REGSTRATION for some syupid fawking idea, i got off with a warning and a Repair notice, but my friend is a lutenit........wrote it all off......

IT WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, January 19, 2006 9:11 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

1 speeding (aveo)

how do you speed in an aveo???
they have like 10HP

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Thursday, January 19, 2006 9:45 PM on j-body.org
... the aveo speeds.... it actaully has the same amount of hourse power as a 2200 .... which is nothing to brag about but itll burn some tire lol... neways i was running late for class so i got it to like 50 in a 35 ... that took a while .... i was like maxing out 5th gear lol... but where i lack in speed i make up for in the fact that i have to fill up the gas tank like once a month lol gotta love gas econamical winter cars !!!! lol

Friday, January 20, 2006 1:24 PM on j-body.org
i have got pulled over for ever thing yo u can think off, speeding and stuff thats reg stuff, but in Scarborough, Toronto, i love getting" you match the description of a person involved in a crime" all the time,. tint to dark, at here there is no set law, car to low, no set law, could not identify car after tail light conversion, i got pulled over for looking suspicious for driving the speed limit at night, i got pulled over for not taking the reg short cut home, (i swear it happened i went half way down this shortcut noticed the cop and made a de-tour, then after 5 mins when i cam around the long way he stopped just to see what i was up to, i even got a cop who pulled me over, cause there was a shooting the night before, pulled me and my buddy out, at had the cops "pat" us down, i didn't know pats consisted of fists!! one cop pulled me over so many time for no reason, he even said to me, "i pulled you over then after i recognized your car as i walked up , so no ticket for you go on your way" got pulled over in a parking lot while eating food it was late i admit but there was really no reason for them to pull there guns, i got pulled over for turn left on a green light " it was legit, i was stopped at the red, turned green no other cars, i turned as soon as i crossed the intersection , boom there go the cherries, held me there for hour and 25 min, i got pulled over cause the cop thought i didn't have a plate, and i just relocated it from the middle to the right side of the car , well thats just a few

Friday, January 20, 2006 1:53 PM on j-body.org
Funniest thing was getting pulled over exhaust being too loud in my cav.. Funny thing is, the exhaust was stock, and the car was only a few weeks old.. lol.

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Friday, January 20, 2006 3:40 PM on j-body.org
I usually don't gripe about the tickets I get because I've earned them, but there was one that really got under my skin. I was speeding on the freeway and the cop put on his lights and motioned for me to pull over. Half way to the curb lane, he gets a second car and pulls them over with me.

There's two of us in front of the cop car. I'm the front car, so I'm thinking if the person in the middle of us freaks out and tries to run, I'm going to get hit. What if the dude in the middle has warrants or pulls a gun? There's no way the cop could have run both our plates before putting on his lights, I wasn't happy about it at all.

Lucky for me nothing bad happened, but it was a nerve racking half hour waiting for him to write both tickets.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Friday, January 20, 2006 3:57 PM on j-body.org
750 for drag racing and speeding, got it down to 250 though after court, since they couldn't prove the racing

250 for recklass driving, cop said it should have been 500 and my license should be taken away, but lets just say i got real emotional. took that one to court later too and got out of it completely

pulled over numerous other times for minor speed warnings and such, oh yea and having a bad headlight.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search