WTF are they thinking !!!! - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: WTF are they thinking !!!!
Thursday, February 23, 2006 10:14 PM on j-body.org
Nathaniel O'Flaherty wrote:also, as i said in my post, no outside country/govnmt should run/own/lease any part of US security/ports/importexport/air/health/power. it is just not a smart or safe thing to do.

Now the US gets yelled at by the Muslims by being evil for taking over and controlling stuff in other countries. how is this any different then? but you say something about the UAE taking over our ports and its "no dont say its a bad thing, how dare you!!!!!"

Thursday, February 23, 2006 10:33 PM on j-body.org
i never said i agreed with the US taking things over in other countries.

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Thursday, February 23, 2006 10:35 PM on j-body.org
Nathaniel O'Flaherty wrote:i never said i agreed with the US taking things over in other countries.

i never sed you did. but everyone elese wants to say its a good thing and people should shut up. we take over stuff in other countries and they complain, so this is us complaining about them doing it to us.

Thursday, February 23, 2006 11:03 PM on j-body.org
oh ok i see ur point

Friday, February 24, 2006 8:17 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

also, as i said in my post, no outside country/govnmt should run/own/lease any part of US security/ports/importexport/air/health/power. it is just not a smart or safe thing to do.

well im sorry that you feel that way but it is a fact of life...someone has more drive and can do it better than we can do it ourselves or maybe other people are willing to do the things we arent but outsourcing and "globalization" evne though i hate that term are unstoppable byproducts of capitalism or in the case global capitalism

Supercharged 95 BMW 540i M-Sport
Friday, February 24, 2006 8:59 AM on j-body.org
yes i agree that it happens and in many cases has to happen for our world to work the way it does right now.

however, there are areas that should be gaurded. currently i believe there is law that states outside country/govnmt cant own or run our public utilities. they need to ammend that law and add in a few more things to guard against national security breaches.

its just the smart thing to do.

Friday, February 24, 2006 9:55 AM on j-body.org
First off Sublime who are you to boo to whatever I say ? You don't like what my opinion of a Porsche is so instantly I must be a mouth breathing, blithering idiot. Um it would seem you have filled those shoes in even bringing up what my opinion of a car is in this fact based discussion. I get all my information right off my local news channel thank you very much. See I live right up the street from one of those ports so if haveing a forign govt one that is known to have simpathetic ties to terrorism is being handed the key to the city as it were then yes I have a problem with it. Now as for the president not knowing about this, BS ! Hes been on the news trying to convince us its a good thing. Now if being a little worried about any terror possibilities makes me and anyone else nervious about this a redneck then fine whatever you say. I challange YOU to get YOUR facts straight. Here are the FACTS, please disput them if you like
FACT, Dubai enterprises is a wholely owned entity of the govt of the UAE.
FACT, The Dubai corp would be in controll of the ports and their security.
FACT, A forign govt. would then controll our ports.
FACT, The same forign govt has established links to terror and Al-Querda.

Could they have nothing but good intentions? Sure. But sorry if I don't want to take the chance.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, February 24, 2006 10:01 AM on j-body.org
Why is that the same people who claim that the media lies about everything, are now using them to back up there statements....that bugs the @!#$ out of me. They cnage there point of view on the media to suit there needs. If someone doesnt agree with you then you say well the media lies its what they do. But when the media supports your point your all "well its on the @!#$ news and radio"

iv said it before and alot of other people did as well...the US Border Patrol and Customs, as well as the coast gaurd will be protecting the port!!! But what would i know im only in the process or becoming a BPA.

Friday, February 24, 2006 10:15 AM on j-body.org
You guys voted him in there.. Did you expect different results? He doesn't care about the U.S. or it's people. He cares about money, and that's pretty much it.

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Burgundy 2006 Saturn Ion - My winter beater
Friday, February 24, 2006 10:20 AM on j-body.org
What are you talking about? When did I say the media made stuff up? Please find that quote cause I sure don't remember saying it.

As for the Coast Gaurd and Boarder patrols. The Coast Gaurd will still be in charge of the waters this is true but have you ever seen one of these container ships in person before? They are efing huge and its not hard to hide things on them. Or how about the ports themselves, have you ever been inside one before? Taken a drive thru them? They are enormuse with containers as far as the eye can see. Before you ask yes I have been inside the port of Baltimore on more then one occation. The boarder patrol does such a wonderful job at the US , Mexico boarder I can see why they would be effective gaurding the miles of coastline that the ports boarder on. What was I thinking?
( roles eyes )

Look security in this country is a joke as it is why do any of you think its a good idea to give controll of the single biggest way into this country to another govt. ?

Friday, February 24, 2006 10:57 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope i wasnt talking to you when i said that. Sorry for the misunderstanding...

Quote:

The boarder patrol does such a wonderful job at the US , Mexico boarder I can see why they would be effective gaurding the miles of coastline that the ports boarder on. What was I thinking?

Are you taking a jab at the US Border Patrol. YOu have no clue what they have to work with. The video they made me watch at my first exam sacred the @!#$ out of me. Our Border Patrol Agents are great...its that we dont have enough to take care of. Imagine spending the night in the desert alone, with a gun and a radio, no other agents for miles and there are people crossing the border, over half of which arent even mexicans, and want to kill you. Its hard to police all that land.
Now with that being said, your right we are understaffed. And it is very hard to police everything. SO no you cant check every @!#$ container. But i fail to see how that makes a difference with who owns the port...it could happen at any port....

Friday, February 24, 2006 11:20 AM on j-body.org
Ok cool my bad I thought you were. The boarder patrol thing was more a joke then anything. I know they have a ridiculously hard job but this may make that impossible job even harder. I just think this is a horrible idea, placeing more demand on an already streached too thin security network in our country is not a good idea.

Friday, February 24, 2006 11:40 AM on j-body.org
Dont worry about it.

I understand if it was a joke. I thought you were taking a stab at the Border patrol. And its not there fault how short they are on officers.

Friday, February 24, 2006 11:43 AM on j-body.org
Thats what I was getting at Roscoe. Not to knock them or there very important extremly hard thankless job but rather to try and point out that they are allready streached soooo thin that this is just placeing undo stress on a system already on the verge of collapse.
They have what is it 1 man for something like a couple hundred miles of boarder? NOW they'll have this to worry about too? BAD idea.

Friday, February 24, 2006 12:03 PM on j-body.org
I hear ya...Im actually really scared...

Friday, February 24, 2006 1:36 PM on j-body.org
bro, i sure as hell hope u werent directing the comment at me.

ill reserve my next comment until after i find if it was indeed directed at me.

Friday, February 24, 2006 2:02 PM on j-body.org
Eh... irregardless of whether or not the UAE don't pose a terroristic threat... I still don't like the idea.

And I do believe a LARGE portion of WHY everyone is throwing such a fit about it... is since 911, Bush has kept shoving "if we don't do this, the terrorists win"... "if we don't pass this law... the terrorists can attack us again"... Terrorist this.... terrorists that... terrorism this... it's shoved down everyone's throats every day... and the people every day like sheep live in fear of another terrorist attack... and don't see the bigger picture.

Either way, we're still at war with the middle east... and it's just not a good idea at this time... period.

In a sense... ANY country could be plotting our demise as we speak... and as long as we're still the United States, and keep doing things the way we do as a country, we'll always be at risk. But to take the CHANCE to open ourselves up to make things easier on those who hate us, isn't a good idea. Why don't we give them a key to the Pentagon? Sure things could be fine. They may be good people who don't hate us or wish us harm. But what if say... Osama buys them out? What if something happens and they side with him without our knowledge? Who knows? Money has the potential to corrupt anyone... and almost everyone has their price. If someone offered you personally 10 million dollars, would you help some people get inside information to rob the place you work at if there were things in place to make it virtually impossible to be linked back to you?

Friday, February 24, 2006 2:24 PM on j-body.org
^ exactly

regardless of wether the UAE themselves pose a risk to us or not

it wasnt smart o have the britts running our ports and it isnt smart to have the UAE running our ports. our ports just should NOT be run by an outside country/govnmt the same way we wont let outside gvnmts run our power/health/water/food systems.

Friday, February 24, 2006 3:36 PM on j-body.org
/me looks and smiles.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, February 24, 2006 4:13 PM on j-body.org
Nathaniel O'Flaherty wrote:bro, i sure as hell hope u werent directing the comment at me.

Easy BRO....IF Indeed i was, what are you going to do about it. Yell at me over the internet? Jesus people get all worked up.

Second of all I dont know what comment your talking about and lastly, i honestly didnt see any posts from you untill you posted that^^^ so whatever comment your talking about wasnt twords you.

Friday, February 24, 2006 4:20 PM on j-body.org
Roscoe wrote:
Nathaniel O'Flaherty wrote:bro, i sure as hell hope u werent directing the comment at me.

Easy BRO....IF Indeed i was, what are you going to do about it. Yell at me over the internet? Jesus people get all worked up.

Second of all I dont know what comment your talking about and lastly, i honestly didnt see any posts from you untill you posted that^^^ so whatever comment your talking about wasnt twords you.

lol i wasnt saying it like i was going to e-beat u up lol

i was just saying i hope u werent directing it at me cuz if u were i would be shocked cuz i wouldnt understand why u were saying that to me. get it?

didnt mean to look like i was trying to flex my e-penis

Friday, February 24, 2006 4:24 PM on j-body.org
Cool glad to see this is getting back to a friendly discussion instead of a fight. It would appear that most of of here once confronted with the facts of this deal frown on it. I'm just glad that most of the rest of the country shares our apprehension.

Friday, February 24, 2006 4:39 PM on j-body.org
Nathaniel O'Flaherty wrote:
Roscoe wrote:

lol i wasnt saying it like i was going to e-beat u up lol

i was just saying i hope u werent directing it at me cuz if u were i would be shocked cuz i wouldnt understand why u were saying that to me. get it?

didnt mean to look like i was trying to flex my e-penis

All right gotcha..You have my apolgies..but just so you know..my e penis is wayyyyyy bigger than yours....Way bigger

Friday, February 24, 2006 6:41 PM on j-body.org
Roscoe wrote:
All right gotcha..You have my apolgies..but just so you know..my e penis is wayyyyyy bigger than yours....Way bigger
Sounds like you're talking about comparing grapes to olives there, Roscoe.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, February 24, 2006 7:01 PM on j-body.org
huh?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search