WTF are they thinking !!!! - Page 4 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: WTF are they thinking !!!!
Friday, February 24, 2006 9:35 PM on j-body.org
Think of the size of a grape.. think of the size of an olive...

Think of the size of your e-penis... think of the size of Nate's e-penis...

Come on, don't make me paint you a picture here...

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, February 24, 2006 9:52 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

It would appear that most of of here once confronted with the facts of this deal frown on it. I'm just glad that most of the rest of the country shares our apprehension.

just curios where you facts came from....and for the last time there is no such thing as dubai enterprises the company that is buying the british firm is called dubai ports world

Supercharged 95 BMW 540i M-Sport
Friday, February 24, 2006 11:12 PM on j-body.org
oh i geeettt it...or do i....

lol

Thats one thing i hate about the war forum, is i always get so pissed at how people are acting i start saying @!#$ i shouldnt. Its nice to have a semi civil chat.

Monday, February 27, 2006 5:18 AM on j-body.org
Well THANK GOD is all I can say ! We've actualy decided to take a look at this company and see what kind of background it has. We have 45 days in which to look at the deal and say ok or say no.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, March 10, 2006 6:03 AM on j-body.org
YEAH ! Its dead ! Its dead ! they're noy buying our ports !

Sunday, March 12, 2006 4:12 PM on j-body.org
What kind of money do you want to bet on the UAE company got leaned on heavily by the Saudis?

Monday, March 13, 2006 5:52 AM on j-body.org
Don't know but they said they didn't want to own the ports if American people felt they would not be safe.

Monday, March 13, 2006 12:46 PM on j-body.org
Well, user confidence being a priority is a good thing, I suppose.

I just find it strange that it's become an issue... I mean.. The Panama canal and expansion project are not even American assets anymore IIRC. The US Army Corps of Engineers is not the group that has been contracted to do the work.... IIRC it's a Chinese company, because they own the contract for managing the Canal. The deal was signed in 1977 under Carter in order to put the Canal into Panamanian hands, but under major contractual revisions, the support work and Canal Control was allowed to be contracted out to a 3rd party as long as the original language and terms of the main part of the contract were honoured. This happened under Reagan IIRC. Under GHW Bush, it was further renegotiated (under the premise of normalisation of relations with China, a Chinese Government company wanted to bid on the control and maintenance contracts) that a non-US and non-Panamanian company could have care and control of the Canal Zone.

It wasn't an issue under Clinton because his administration had moved to further normalise relations with China, and in 1999 when the transfer of ownership went to Panama, and they very quietly allowed (I believe the company is called Fairchild Management.... I'm probably wrong though, I read about this 5 years ago) the Chinese Company to assume control, and maintenance for heavy contracting fees.

This seems, to me at least, to be a much more troublesome problem because that is the major movement point for US military logistics between Navy fleets. That is a greater threat to the Nation's "Security" than anything.

Monday, March 13, 2006 12:52 PM on j-body.org
Well the Panama cannal is a point of contention but its not part of the US mainland and thats the biggest thing.

Monday, March 13, 2006 1:05 PM on j-body.org
True, but, if you had to move part of the Atlantic fleet to bolster actions in the Pacific or Indian oceans, wouldn't you like to see it take 13-15 days as opposed to 45+ to move the assets into place?

I realise that the Ports are on the homeland, but to be blunt, there's no way in hell that you can monitor everything that comes in, there's just too much stuff.

Monday, March 13, 2006 1:46 PM on j-body.org
Oh no kidding we can't ! I just feel and so do a majority of Americans that this is basicly asking for trouble. As for the panama canal as far as I know we still have un restricted access to it when ever we want it. True the water ways on either side are now owned by China but I doubt they have anything sitting off shore that would try and stop us if the need arose. I just prey we never find out either way.

Monday, March 13, 2006 2:39 PM on j-body.org
Jack: Maintenance and control of both sets of locks are under Chinese control. They're a 30 day gate maintenance operation away from stalling all traffic.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:11 AM on j-body.org
Oh well guess we'll be bombing China next!

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 8:22 AM on j-body.org
Jack, we have about as much chance against China as they do against us.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 8:25 AM on j-body.org
I know I'm just saying the way Bush and Cheney are acting as of late I'm just waiting for it. I know it'll never happen.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 11:04 PM on j-body.org
Jack: Is that your FINAL answer?

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 11:30 PM on j-body.org
Jack: If you're that worried about the ports deal, my I humbly suggest you absolutely not read this:
http://www.shoutwire.com/comments/6592/Internet_Blows_CIA_Agents_Cover

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 4:55 AM on j-body.org
Do you TRY to make me stay up at night?

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 7:29 AM on j-body.org
Try?

Hardly... not any of my doing at all, Jack

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 7:49 AM on j-body.org
Yeah but YOU keep showing me this sh-t ! Knowing it'll piss me off !

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 7:54 AM on j-body.org
Again further proof the internet is horrible and needs our govt to monitor it constantly just like they do in China.

KIDDING !!!! But they do need to lock up some of the info out there. This is a great example of too much information.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 8:00 AM on j-body.org
There is no such thing as too much information. Thinking that there is such a thing is what's keeping the @!#$s in power.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 8:11 AM on j-body.org
Under normal conditions I would agree with you Keeper but did you go read the link Gam posted? It tells how easy it is to get the CIA's personal list. You know the actual names and addresses of the people who work for the CIA. You can't tell me thats just a bad idea. Some info does not need to be made public. What good could come from knowing where these people live? Nope its a bad idea as it would be too easy for a bad guy to get the list kid nap someone and then have a CIA operative in his pocket.

Nope Bad idea ! BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD !

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 9:02 AM on j-body.org
The point isn't that it's out there... It's the fact that its out there unchecked.

I don't think it's cause to start clamping down on the net (good luck), I think it's cause to figure out just who is responsible for it, and do something about it... You're not going to save those people.

IF the information is verbatim, then the agents listed therein are done.

The only thing that can be done: Plug the holes, and make it so it can't happen again.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 9:30 AM on j-body.org
I thought thats what I said. Did I mix something up again?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search