Death for converting religions? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Death for converting religions?
Saturday, March 25, 2006 8:31 AM on j-body.org
I want to discuss this. What kind of religion/country kills people who convert from their country's preferred religion? I thought Islam was a "peaceful" religion? I don't understand this. This is why religion shouldn't have bearing in government. And this just proves that religious-based governments are not free societies. This coming from a Christian himself. I understand that America is messed up in a lot of aspects, but it's sad that these countries are still in the stone age when it comes to human rights.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060325/ts_nm/religion_afghan_dc_17

Re: Death for converting religions?
Saturday, March 25, 2006 8:54 AM on j-body.org
yeah. we've known this for a long time. what's there to debate?

Saturday, March 25, 2006 9:12 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

Rahman told a preliminary hearing last week he had become a Christian while working for an aid group helping Afghan refugees in Pakistan 15 years ago.

He was detained after his family informed authorities he had converted, apparently following a family dispute involving two daughters, a judicial official said.

Says it all.

Exectuting someone for apostasy.. whatever.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 12:45 PM on j-body.org
It's their law and the way they choose to live over there. Who are we to judge. It's this kind of crap that got us into iraq! Well at least part of it.

"Speak the truth, and leave immediately after"
"The urge to save Humanity is almost ALWAYS a false front for the urge to rule"
"He who knoweth things as they are and not as they are said or seem to be, he truly is wise, and is taught of God more than of men."
Saturday, March 25, 2006 12:52 PM on j-body.org
Just because it's their law doesn't make it right.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 1:28 PM on j-body.org
Chamillionaire wrote:It's their law and the way they choose to live over there. Who are we to judge. It's this kind of crap that got us into iraq! Well at least part of it.
Obviously this "they" you speak of doesn't include the Christian convert or any others that are there. How many people have to hide their beliefs so they too won't be killed?
Saturday, March 25, 2006 3:12 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Just because it's their law doesn't make it right.
I'm not implying that it is. Fact of the matter is though, they have their laws and customs just like we have ours.

"He who knoweth things as they are and not as they are said or seem to be, he truly is wise, and is taught of God more than of men."
Saturday, March 25, 2006 4:19 PM on j-body.org
But then again, we don't execute people for being gay, changing religions or profiting by mercilessly running companies into the ground and robbing people of their money because of financial loopholes or starting wars with dubious proof.

Even though, I'd like to see the latter 2 made that way, I don't think any of it is worth killing over.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 8:20 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

I'm not implying that it is. Fact of the matter is though, they have their laws and customs just like we have ours.

yeah, but any civilized nation doesnt have a law that sentences someone to death for changing religions... geez... people debate the legality of the death penalty for murderers over here... lol

Sunday, March 26, 2006 10:50 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

It's their law and the way they choose to live over there

say what? do you think they have democracies over there? the religious clerics and/or dictators make the laws not the people.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 11:49 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:But then again, we don't execute people for being gay, changing religions or profiting by mercilessly running companies into the ground and robbing people of their money because of financial loopholes or starting wars with dubious proof.

Even though, I'd like to see the latter 2 made that way, I don't think any of it is worth killing over.
As for the former two I know that their are some here who, if gave the authority, would execute people for being gay, being anything besides Christian, or anything besides Republican lol. In fact anything that they aren't - is shameful, unnatural, unpatriotic, treasonous, etc etc.

Personally I'd like to see intolerant biggots like that that executed. (And yes I'm quite confortable with the hypocrisy of what I just said. )

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?

Sunday, March 26, 2006 12:08 PM on j-body.org
I'd take the highroad, and hope that they changed their minds... either that, or I'd start siphoning off a few billion dollars from the military's budget and start investing in a few hundred thousand strategically placed chastity belts.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 2:56 PM on j-body.org
John 1:11 He came to His own, and those who were His own didn't receive Him.

Ever since Jesus was crucified at Golgotha, people have been killed for following Christ. Unfortunately I don't believe this will change.

Monday, March 27, 2006 8:46 AM on j-body.org
And Christians have, and still do kill people for not being Christian.

Ditto on Jews.

Ditto on Pagans

Ditto on just about every organized religion.

I'm not defending what happened, but really, any extremist or any religion should be wounded severely--if not killed. But no matter what you believed, there's someone that shares a relatively similar belief that has done the same thing...

Amongst the meany that are "decent" folks.

It's just a shame that so few of the decent folks are willing to publically denounce the @!#$offs.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, March 27, 2006 9:27 AM on j-body.org
By denouncing them, you acknowledge that there are jerkoffs in the mix.

Some people don't want to belive that anything but the lambs of God are in their midst. Others don't want to give them credit.

Monday, March 27, 2006 10:49 AM on j-body.org
Religion = ......... Wanna fight about it !!

What ? lol ...............
Monday, March 27, 2006 10:49 AM on j-body.org
Or, by denouncing them you are denouncing that there are jerkoffs that are bastardizing what you hold dear that need to be stopped lest they ruin it for the rest of you.

I unserstand your point, and agree thatit happens, but i don't agree with the mindset.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Monday, March 27, 2006 1:32 PM on j-body.org
I understand the whole religions kill thing. I do denounce the @!#$offs, thats why I don't follow any particular "religion" per say.

However, afghanistan is a completely diffrent animal. The country USES religion as a means of rule, so for all intensiver purposes their ruler is GOD and what he says GO.

Afghanistan is the actualization of a country ruled by the extremist of a religion. Islam is a religion of peace, so is damn near every other religion on the world.

However that won't stop their extreme followers from telling you your life is wrong and everything you do is wrong. Convert or parish.

People would do well to take a lesson from afghanistan. Seperate church and state, don't incorporate religion into the government, or elect those who will.

Many of our laws are taken from the bible(don't kill, don't steal etc.), but those laws are not only religious they are also recognized as ethical laws that should exist despite any religious belief.

For a good comparison, say the US became a "Christian" (i use the term losely because few really understand what it means) country. Now say that someone in the US decided, eh so much for christianity I want to be budhist because I can have a cool statue and burn incense(i know the true meaning, this is just a loose comparison). For all intensive purposes that person is now a hertic and is guilty of treason. The punishment for treason is among many other things Death.

Its all a mater of perspective.

-Chris

Monday, March 27, 2006 3:17 PM on j-body.org
What's happening in afghanistan isn't new.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Monday, March 27, 2006 10:57 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]What's happening in afghanistan isn't new.Nope sure isn't. No doubt it's BS, but its a bit foolish to blame it on religion(religion is the circumstance not the cause). He wasn't on trial for violating religious law. He was on trial for violating Afghanistan law - which enforces a particular religion. I'm pretty sure that Islam does not say that all non Muslims should die(well I'm not Muslim but still I doubt it). You can't blame the religion for people enforcing concepts that are not ever apart of the religion.

Fact is human nature is to blame. People do a TON of ignorant @!#$ed up things, most of it having no religious basis at all.

Case in point - China(officially atheist). Besides getting killed for having a religion, having differing political views etc can get you killed. People are, in general, intolerant of anyone different than them - race and/or nationality(towel-head etc anybody?), sexuality, political views(damm liberal commies/republican bible-thumpers etc). Having a different view on something means that you think I'm wrong(ever want to get almost anyone riled up - tell them they are wrong about ANYTHING - most get REAL irate REAL quick - and many kill over this).

That being said - is it any surprise that some people want a man dead(basically for disagreeing) over religion?!

Sad - yes
Surprising - no

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 5:59 AM on j-body.org
What you guys are not getting from what I'm saying is this. Just like here, we know what the laws are. If we choose to violate them, then we choose to suffer the consequence. What is the difference here other than it involves religion and a nation that is older than ours with different customs?

I'm saying that in our eyes it is wrong for someone to have to live under such laws and restriction. I'm also saying that the largest problem with this is, we are so quick to judge them about what they do...and we haven't swept around our OWN front door yet. We are the MOST corrupt country in the world, and we want to turn every other country in the world into something just like us. Until we, the richest nation in the world can remove all the injustices from our judicial system, can remove homelessness from our cities, can offer people a fair chance (namely Americans) to survive in this country, there ought to be NOTHING said about another. As far as Canada goes, from what I was told were all in just about the same boat with the exception of you not having a war loving president.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 10:11 AM on j-body.org
i'm just justifying it. i'm just saying that we (collectively) canniot say we're better than them when we have done the same things. and in some areas of the nation, continue to do the same things.

So, Cham, in a word i'm saying I agree with you--we're being hypocrites.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 7:43 PM on j-body.org
Their culture believes that he committed an offence punishable by death. It is their right to believe whatever they want, but we have the right to denounce what we feel is wrong. They sure didn't have any problem denouncing the drawings of Muhammad even though it's perfectly ok in other cultures to depict anyone because we value freedom of speech.

Why do people feel that they can judge us be we have no right to judge them?
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:24 PM on j-body.org
first and foremost i am in the middle of a book called understanding islam. it is excellent. anyoen who would liek to educate themselves on the subject should get it and read it.

anyways in this book it states that within islam the beliefs and what is interpreted and followed can vary GREATLY from area to area.

kinda liek the beliefs of different christians. i mean look at the wacko on on late night tv. if he was in power i wold not doubt in a heart beat he would try and kill many people who were nto perfectly aligned with his belief of the christian god.

but that does not mean that the christian faith as a whole kills people for not beliving correctly.

same goes for islam

The biggest hole, is the illusion of invulnerability.

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 7:56 AM on j-body.org
Nathaniel O'Flaherty wrote:look at the wacko on on late night tv. if he was in power i wold not doubt in a heart beat he would try and kill many people who were nto perfectly aligned with his belief of the christian god.

Sadly Mr. Robertson also has an ironclad contract to keep running the 700 Club, even if the family chanel is sold to other people.

-Chris

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search