No Iran thread? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: No Iran thread?
Saturday, April 29, 2006 7:51 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

On a side note, how come we haven't gone to war with North Korea yet? Don't they have nuclear weapons? And what about Pakistan. Oh, that's right we like them. One day playing Big Brother and policing the world is going to come back and bite us in the a s s.

One day? Remember 9/11? But I supposed, that'll be small in comparison to what happens after the US invades Iran.. Just keep Canada out of it, ok?

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Burgundy 2006 Saturn Ion - My winter beater

Saturday, April 29, 2006 8:44 AM on j-body.org
Hah, yeah you got me there lone_wolf. But sadly you're right. 9/11 will be nothing in comparison to what happens. I'll leave Canada out of it as long as you let me cross the border when all hell breaks loose.

Saturday, April 29, 2006 10:51 AM on j-body.org
LOL.. Yah, you seem cool enough, come on over..

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Burgundy 2006 Saturn Ion - My winter beater
Saturday, April 29, 2006 11:10 AM on j-body.org
Is there anyone besides Bush who would argue FOR going into Iran... lol... I guess ol' Bush is gonna have to put on a helmet and go on in there alone

Saturday, April 29, 2006 11:34 AM on j-body.org
SPITfire wrote:Is there anyone besides Bush who would argue FOR going into Iran... lol... I guess ol' Bush is gonna have to put on a helmet and go on in there alone

Well....look at it this way. Eventually they WILL develope Nukes. Something will eventually have to be done...just depends on if it's through diplomacy or war. Right now it dosent look like Iran is willing to the diplomacy route. They feel like they've been pushed around or screwed in the past. They've built some solid weight in the last few years/decade and I think they are gonna start trying to push it around.

Besides...Bush really hasn't stated that it's war first talk later....yet. They are still trying to resolve this by other means. But it takes two to agree on something. When you have one side that just dosent car about what others have to say it make it MUCH harder.

RE Audio
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 5:59 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Iran is WELL know for using unconventional war tacticts such as chemical warfare and others. They are NOT affraid to use it.

Actually, Iran has ratified the Chemical Weapons Convention, and has spoken out on several occasions against their use; They suffered heavily durring Iraqi gas attacks.

Iran against Chemical weapons (Scroll down)

I agree with everything else you said though; Iran is a much larger, infinately better organized force than Iraq was/is. An estimated 11 000 000 Paramilitary... that's just @!#$ nuts.

"i promise we won't get drunk, and go out in boat in the dark, stand up in the boat and fire the gun into the air unless we have life jackets on."
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 7:24 PM on j-body.org
SPITfire wrote:Is there anyone besides Bush who would argue FOR going into Iran... lol... I guess ol' Bush is gonna have to put on a helmet and go on in there alone

i would... theyve continued to threaten us during this period and theyve always been saying that some day they will wipe israel of the face of the earth. if they get their hands on nuclear weapons its only a matter of time.

Check out my build thread!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 6:45 PM on j-body.org
lone_wolf wrote:
Quote:

On a side note, how come we haven't gone to war with North Korea yet? Don't they have nuclear weapons? And what about Pakistan. Oh, that's right we like them. One day playing Big Brother and policing the world is going to come back and bite us in the a s s.

One day? Remember 9/11? But I supposed, that'll be small in comparison to what happens after the US invades Iran.. Just keep Canada out of it, ok?

Can I come to Canada with you??? Do i know you from GAGT.com?

Dont blame me, I live in michigan, we didnt vote for the d0uchebag.

And yes, if you start the draft back up Iran will be a giant glowing parking lot for 23k years. Would snipers help us? Take out head guys of Iran, Venezula, Pakastan, NK. Ect....
Friday, May 05, 2006 11:40 AM on j-body.org
Sorry that I came into the conversation late and all, but everyone knows that OIF is a coalition effort, not just a US one, right? Austrailian, Brittish, Polish, Canada, Japan, Germany, some baltic type country that I can never remember, and that is all just on the little FOB I am in...

Don't think that if we roll into Iran with the UN that it's going to go smoother then this. It's most likely going to be a bigger headache because we all (at least military people) know how smoothly the UN functions...

This whole Iran thing is one of the major reasons I cannot get myself to reenlist. I can't keep up with my family if I will be deploying every 4-6 months for a year at a time. It's just too hard. And it sucks big time too because I love the military and what I do for a living. Just not family friendly. I have my priorities...

I see this on both sides. On the one side, these fools are crazy over there. They really don't need to be making nukes.

On the other side, what buisness do we have telling them what to do? They want cheap and clean energy to help their country evolve.

I can't really take a side in this issue anyway. I'm just sick of all the bull@!#$ in the world today. Things just need to settle down a bit. Too much crazy @!#$ going on. Everyone just needs to relax. Go on world, take a deep breath and take a step back. There, isn't that better???

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Saturday, May 06, 2006 8:12 AM on j-body.org
RaiLS wrote:

I can't really take a side in this issue anyway. I'm just sick of all the bull@!#$ in the world today. Things just need to settle down a bit. Too much crazy @!#$ going on. Everyone just needs to relax. Go on world, take a deep breath and take a step back. There, isn't that better???

x2

RE Audio
Saturday, May 06, 2006 8:40 AM on j-body.org
RaiLS wrote:Sorry that I came into the conversation late and all, but everyone knows that OIF is a coalition effort, not just a US one, right? Austrailian, Brittish, Polish, Canada, Japan, Germany, some baltic type country that I can never remember, and that is all just on the little FOB I am in...

Op: Iraqi Freedom does NOT have Canada as a supporter. Canadian warships are in the Gulf on a UN mission, not in support of O:IF or O:EF. Canada had refused to go to Iraq initially, and still does to this day (and hopefully will continue to).

Quote:

Don't think that if we roll into Iran with the UN that it's going to go smoother then this. It's most likely going to be a bigger headache because we all (at least military people) know how smoothly the UN functions...

UN works fine, self-interested member nations are the problem. The UN can reform itself though.

Quote:

This whole Iran thing is one of the major reasons I cannot get myself to reenlist. I can't keep up with my family if I will be deploying every 4-6 months for a year at a time. It's just too hard. And it sucks big time too because I love the military and what I do for a living. Just not family friendly. I have my priorities...
Dubya won't commit troops to Iran, and if he does he's a bigger idiot than I give him credit for.

I'm glad, though, that you put your family as top priority.
Quote:

I see this on both sides. On the one side, these fools are crazy over there. They really don't need to be making nukes.

On the other side, what buisness do we have telling them what to do? They want cheap and clean energy to help their country evolve.

What about the crazies over here?

And second part, they don't have to build nuclear weapons, but everyone wants to make sure they don't just up and sell them to other countries after setting up puppet dictatorships in neighbouring countries... oh wait... NM... you're friends with Pakistan.

[quote

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Sunday, May 07, 2006 7:44 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

UN works fine

Not really...lol.

But on a side note.....the U.S. needs to work on this Mexico and closing it's boarders crap before we go venture into Iran. It's really getting out of hand. It's basically a wide open door for ANYBODY who wants to get into this country and our president IGNORES it....even the main hotspots being in his HOME STATE!!

One problem at a time...secure this country first before we try to take ever the world..lol.

RE Audio
Monday, May 08, 2006 6:16 AM on j-body.org
I'm telling you, I have run into quite a few soldiers with a big ole' red Maple Leaf on the top right sleeve of their uniforms. I'm not just making that up, unless someone else is running around with a Canadian flag on their uniform.

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Monday, May 08, 2006 6:23 AM on j-body.org
^^^ THere are exchange proframs between Canada and the US; that placed some Canadians in Iraq - that could be who you saw.

"i promise we won't get drunk, and go out in boat in the dark, stand up in the boat and fire the gun into the air unless we have life jackets on."
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search