GO W!!!!!!!!!!!! - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GO W!!!!!!!!!!!!
Monday, May 15, 2006 7:32 AM on j-body.org
Finally hes doing something right

http://www.comcast.net/news/index.jsp?cat=GENERAL&fn=/2006/05/15/392052.html&cvqh=itn_border

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Re: GO W!!!!!!!!!!!!
Monday, May 15, 2006 10:08 AM on j-body.org
I think this is a good idea but I don't like his plan to give millions of illegal aliens amnesty.

Monday, May 15, 2006 11:05 AM on j-body.org
I like the whole idea of keeping out illegal aliens but placing military along the borders? Our resources are stretched as is.

Monday, May 15, 2006 12:20 PM on j-body.org
well maybe they shouldnt be, the security of this nation should come first, not everywhere else in the world

Monday, May 15, 2006 1:04 PM on j-body.org
No doubt. But I also feel we should help those in need. Damn conscience. I mean, there's that part that says help others, then there's the part of me says fukk the world, close the borders, and worry about ourselves. But then we'd be just another Gaza Strip or Berlin Wall.

Monday, May 15, 2006 1:24 PM on j-body.org
If Saint were here, I'd ask if that was not a violation of the Posse Comitatus ?

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, May 15, 2006 2:08 PM on j-body.org
Finally, a step in the right direction.

How about next we go for the employers employing illegal immigrants?

Monday, May 15, 2006 3:09 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:If Saint were here, I'd ask if that was not a violation of the Posse Comitatus ?

not sure, i am sure there is some sort of loophole though, if not there will be

wikipedia wrote:Limits on the Act

There are a number of situations in which the Act does not apply. These include:

* National Guard units while under the authority of the governor of a state;
* Troops when used pursuant to the Federal authority to quell domestic violence as was the case during the 1992 Los Angeles riots;
* Troops used under the order of the President of the United States pursuant to the Insurrection Act
* In December 1981 additional laws were enacted clarifying permissible military assistance to civilian law enforcement agencies�including the Coast Guard�especially in combating drug smuggling into the United States. Posse Comitatus clarifications emphasize supportive and technical assistance (e.g., use of facilities, vessels, aircraft, intelligence, tech aid, surveillance) while generally prohibiting direct participation of Department of Defense personnel in law enforcement (e.g., search, seizure, and arrests). For example, Coast Guard Law Enforcement Detachments (LEDETS) serve aboard Navy vessels and perform the actual boardings of interdicted suspect drug smuggling vessels and, if needed, arrest their crews.
* Under 18 U.S.C. � 831, the Attorney General may request that the Secretary of Defense provide emergency assistance if civilian law enforcement is inadequate to address certain types of threat involving the release of nuclear materials, such as potential use of a Nuclear or Radiological weapon. Such assistance may be by any personnel under the authority of the Department of Defense, provided such assistance does not adversely affect U.S. military preparedness.
* The United States Coast Guard is not affected by the act during peacetime.

and a read, not good or bad, from the Washington University Law Quarterly for those that don't know WTF GAM is talking aboot

Monday, May 15, 2006 3:42 PM on j-body.org
Normally they send 1300 illegal immigrants back to Mexico for crossing the U.S border illegally, but then they try again!! and again!! and again!!

Now that the U.S troops are protecting the border.
They can secretly shoot the illegal immigrants with a sniper riffle and the bodies will never be found. 1000s die crossing the border anyway
(can not swim or dehydration)

-Game Over

Its possible =-/

Monday, May 15, 2006 5:15 PM on j-body.org
hell id volunteer to do that

Monday, May 15, 2006 5:26 PM on j-body.org
President said

1. We most secure the border

2. Create a temporary work program
wait in line, most pass a back-grown check and adios amigo after completing the job

3. Everyone should verify employment.
(lots of fake documentation out there)

4. illegal immigrants can NOT!! apply for citizenship!!

5. America is the best country in the world

I think the end of illegal immigration is here. Yup!

Monday, May 15, 2006 8:32 PM on j-body.org
Well I'm putting in my 2cents before the pro illegal immigration side steps in.

I think these protests did worse for the illegals than it did good. There were quite a few people who were on their side before they protested in the streets. I also think a big part is that G.W. is under serious pressure with his ailing approval ratings and he needs to make a serious stand on a big situation for people to hopefully boost his approval ratings back up. It seems he just happen to take our side on the situation.

I'm not sure if this is the BEST idea, sending thousands of troops to guard the border but I feel it's a step in the proper direction until we find some sort of way to control this situation without the use of guns and scare tactics.

"welcome to the most expensive hobby ever..."
Monday, May 15, 2006 10:09 PM on j-body.org
Robby002 wrote:Now that the U.S troops are protecting the border.
They can secretly shoot the illegal immigrants with a sniper riffle and the bodies will never be found. 1000s die crossing the border anyway
(can not swim or dehydration)

-Game Over

Its possible =-/

Yes, that's the solution. Secretly shoot them. Don't you have something better to do?

To Gam, regardless of the legality, do you think Bush cares? It's not like he doesn't break the law. But, that's for another day.

Anyways, I'm with the get tough on our borders thing. However, I'm not exactly in favoring of having the military patrol them. That's all I've got to offer at this point.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 7:54 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:If Saint were here, I'd ask if that was not a violation of the Posse Comitatus ?

as long they are there in a "supporting role" and not actually doing the arresting, note that doesn't mean they can't constrain them until border patrol or police arrive though, it won't violate posse comitatus
Tuesday, May 16, 2006 7:58 AM on j-body.org
Welcome back Pret

Goodbye Callisto & Skaði, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006 8:05 AM on j-body.org
thanks...i've been busy!!!! B-)
Tuesday, May 16, 2006 8:53 AM on j-body.org
Pretjah wrote:

as long they are there in a "supporting role" and not actually doing the arresting, note that doesn't mean they can't constrain them until border patrol or police arrive though, it won't violate posse comitatus

In other words they have no powers of arrest? WHich makes them a heavily armed rent-a-cop that's just there to look impressive. So what's the purpose of having military on the borders again? Because if I were trying to cross illegally, I'd probably be scared and lay low for a while, right up until I figured out the soldiers can't actually arrest me, and won't fire a single bullet at me unless I'm a retard and point a gun or possibly a Javelin at them, I'm gonna be right back at it and probably be on the nearest street corner to hitch a ride to the lettuce fields.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 8:59 AM on j-body.org
maybe you missed the last part of my post...They can't OFFICIALLY ARREST you they can detain you and constrain you....

meaning they can put you in handcuffs and hold you until the "local authorities" get there....

kind of like if you get caught shoplifting, the store's theft protection can hold you in their back room until the police arrive to take you away.

also it's important to note that if congress approves this then it's all a mute point anyhow
Tuesday, May 16, 2006 10:30 AM on j-body.org
you mean "moot" i think

In one way it's good to see the national guard finally guarding the nation itself rather than guarding the intrests of some political chumpstain.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaði, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006 2:54 PM on j-body.org
1. We most secure the border
Sending the U.S Troops to protect the border sounds like a great idea.
(We waited too long)
Mexico has a population problem. it went from 50Billion to 100Billion over night

2. Create a temporary work program
I heard on a talk radio show that the temporary work program should be done not here in the U.S but in Mexico.
Exp:
Happy sombreros work agency will hire temporary workers from Mexico to work for XY&Z company here in the U.S Then Happy sombreros will fly back the temporary workers after they complete the job and also happy sombreros temp agency will pay the temp worker. in order to get the temporary card, the illegal immigrants will have to go back to apply for this program.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 6:08 PM on j-body.org
I just found that that there's going to be another protest tomorrow in Washington to negotiate with the president
"Peaceful protest"
according to univision.com

This is what the website said in Spanish:

I know!! WTF! I will do my best to translate LOL!

Grupo 1: Indocumentados que llevan cinco años o más en Estados Unidos. Podrán legalizar su estadía en Estados Unidos. Recibirían una visa temporal de residencia por seis años. Al término de ese plazo se transformarán en residentes permanentes. Cinco años más tarde, podrán pedir la ciudadanía.
uhh...
Group 1. illegal immigrants who are here for more than 5 years in the United States would qualify to adjust legal status.
They will receive a temporary Visa for 6 years. After the 6 years they will become US permanent residents. 5 years later, they can apply for citizenship.

Grupo 2: Indocumentados que llevan más de dos años y menos de cinco años en Estados Unidos. Deberán salir a un puesto fronterizo y registrarse ante una oficina del Departamento de Seguridad Nacional (DHS) para recibir documentación temporal de ingreso y un permiso de trabajo temporal hasta que cumplan los cinco años de estadía. Al quinto año pasan a formar parte del Grupo 1 y deben esperar 11 años para tramitar la ciudadanía.

Group 2. illegal immigrants who are here for more than 2 years but less than 5 years would have to leave the country and register at any US embassy to obtain temporary legal status. After 5 years, they will become part of Group 1

Grupo 3: Indocumentados que llevan menos de dos años en Estados Unidos. No calificarían para la legalización. Deberán regresar a sus países de origen.

Group 3. illegal immigrants who are less than 2 years in the United States will not qualify for anything. They have to go back to their country

Last night the president said the illegal immigrants will not qualify for citizenship because it would not be fare for those who came in legally.

Are they really going to protest tomorrow?

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 7:12 PM on j-body.org
Some of you people act like complete ignorants and idiots. I agree with the measurement taken by the American president, as a matter of fact I don't give a damn what they do with their border, but I think Mexico should send its army to the border as well to protect our interests and prevent the Americans to be idiotic, that is shooting or threatening Mexican citizens who are on Mexican soil.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006 7:45 PM on j-body.org
uecavboy wrote:Well I'm putting in my 2cents before the pro illegal immigration side steps in.

I forgot to respond to this, but those of us who have argued with you are not "pro" illegal immigration. We simply didn't agree with your solution to the problem. None of us supported people just freely coming here.

Robby002, Univision is the largest Spanish language network in this country. Why exactly are you "wtf-ing it being written in spanish?

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 8:33 PM on j-body.org
Good to see you back Pret

Pretjah wrote:maybe you missed the last part of my post...They can't OFFICIALLY ARREST you they can detain you and constrain you....
meaning they can put you in handcuffs and hold you until the "local authorities" get there....

This is unlawful detention. If they bring down an illegal on public land, and are serving under the auspices of a supporting officer, unless deputised or acting under a governor's request, they're actually breaking the law. You can't cuff your neighbour's arms around their car's wheel on the street, a soldier is no different. The word is advise and support. I seriously doubt Posse Comitatus allows for actual soldiers patrolling while armed in the absence of a governor's request or a legal presidential or congressional directive.

Quote:

kind of like if you get caught shoplifting, the store's theft protection can hold you in their back room until the police arrive to take you away.

Different circumstance. When shop lifting, you're on private property and the security guard either has a writ of habeas corpus (allowing them to detain you) or is affecting a citizen's arrest. In the case of arresting an illegal, you're acting in a border policing role, and that goes against P.C. because it is directly aiding the local police.

Quote:

also it's important to note that if congress approves this then it's all a mute point anyhow

They've done weirder things before, I'm sure.

Might be an idea, instead of mobilising the military, someone either figure out a journeyman's worker program (kind of like what happened in Europe in the late 40's-60's) or, start hiring more INS border enforcement agents.

I'm not against trying to stem the tide of illegals, but if you're going to do it, at least have the decency to do it the RIGHT way, and in a way that will actualy fix the problem in a lasting manner.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 9:06 PM on j-body.org
Honestly, I feel for all of the immigrants that want to come over here to our country. But they need to do it legally, not sneak over. I heard a report on CNN the other day that the Border Patrol was doing a routine sweep the other night when alien traffickers attacked them with grenades and full auto weapons. That's rediculous. If that is how the traffickers are going to play, then military is the right way to go.

ShiftyCav wrote:thats probably the dumbest thing i have ever heard. you should take that serpentine belt and wrap it around your neck.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search