Questions not asked... besides first one... - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Questions not asked... besides first one...
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 2:29 PM on j-body.org
Do you feel disconnected as having any viable power to actually change the politcal outlook? I don't feel I have any. Do you think building a wall made out of mines would effectively protect the U.S. border? I don't know. Do you think if illegals that are caught should have to fight in Iraq for three months in order to become US citizens? I don't know either? Should we make prisoners sit as jurors for "terrorists not killed in action or caught" in the court of law and then determine and enforce the form of punishment for terrorist/s? I do. Should we ship boatloads of bibles by plane into the middle east just to see what happens, and send them in bombshell casings? Should we be allowed to setup servaillance inside mosques within the US? I think we should. Please write and discuss answers and or questions you may have for your and my interest? Let me know what you think... <><

Smile, Jesus loves you!!!!! <><
Manchild-ProPain, out now, Sphereofhiphop.com

Re: Questions not asked... besides first one...
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 3:15 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Do you feel disconnected as having any viable power to actually change the politcal outlook?

No, but it doesn't matter because the government is digging it's own grave and accomplishing it's own entropy
Quote:

Do you think building a wall made out of mines would effectively protect the U.S. border?

Effectively protect it? Nope. If you want to get in, you'll find a way.
Quote:

Do you think if illegals that are caught should have to fight in Iraq for three months in order to become US citizens?

No, but I think every elected and appionted official in the United States govenment should do a 6-month tour over there on the front lines.
Quote:

Should we make prisoners sit as jurors for "terrorists not killed in action or caught" in the court of law and then determine and enforce the form of punishment for terrorist/s?

Not sit on the jury, but released into the general prison population and let the inmates do what they will to them.
Quote:

Should we ship boatloads of bibles by plane into the middle east just to see what happens, and send them in bombshell casings?
This would accomplish what besides continued deforestation?
Quote:

Should we be allowed to setup servaillance inside mosques within the US?
As long as were allowed to use the same survelance in the synagogues and churches to catch any creative bookkeeping or pedophilia--gotta be even-handed

And my question:

Should we get rid of White-collar prison and let the stock-swindlers take their chances with general prison population?

Hell @!#$ yes.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, June 01, 2006 6:11 AM on j-body.org
jbody4jc wrote:Should we ship boatloads of bibles by plane into the middle east just to see what happens, and send them in bombshell casings? Should we be allowed to setup servaillance inside mosques within the US? I think we should.

I see your spreading more of your rascist religious crap again .
[Keeper of the Light™]
jbody4jc wrote:Should we be allowed to setup servaillance inside mosques within the US?

As long as were allowed to use the same survelance in the synagogues and churches to catch any creative bookkeeping or pedophilia--gotta be even-handed
agree 100%

Thursday, June 01, 2006 6:26 AM on j-body.org
Jbody4JC check out this topic about Islam it might enlightien you a little .

Thursday, June 01, 2006 4:03 PM on j-body.org
I find it funny. One religious extremist asking if we should mete out punishment on other religious extremists.

jbody4jc: You're not living up to being Christian, your inanity is matched by your ignorance and hate.

Learn a little bit of tolerance, and then, distinguish between vigilance and meddling, and you'll find out why there has been such folly up until this point.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, June 02, 2006 2:06 PM on j-body.org
I am not insane. I live with my own jewish ancestors being killed by terrorists of islams, in the past by Christians and the spanish inquisition, by the world hating on us. I forgive them. I don't hate anybody. I love everybody. Yet to you, these words mean very little to you when you live by your emotions and not by your faith. I chose Christ, and I preach the same, I know your bothered by me, but God has a plan for all of us GAM. His Word lasts forever. Your words always fall short. ITs not me you offend, but lets hope it's not GOd you offend.

Friday, June 02, 2006 2:13 PM on j-body.org
jbody4jc wrote:I am not insane. I live with my own jewish ancestors being killed by terrorists of islams, in the past by Christians and the spanish inquisition, by the world hating on us. I forgive them. I don't hate anybody. I love everybody. Yet to you, these words mean very little to you when you live by your emotions and not by your faith. I chose Christ, and I preach the same, I know your bothered by me, but God has a plan for all of us GAM. His Word lasts forever. Your words always fall short. ITs not me you offend, but lets hope it's not GOd you offend.

His word isn't "put my life's teachings in a bomb casing and force it upon other people".

You say you are forgiving and loving, would you bomb your parents, family, or even God?

If you lived by your faith, it would not tell you that such violence and hate is necessary. You chose Christ, but are not preaching his word sir.

God does have a plan for all of us, and GAMs words never fall short. He is probably one of the most level headed people in the war forum.

If anything, GAM is actually trying to point out the TRUE beliefs of a Christian follower... which is now what you demonstrated in that post.

Friday, June 02, 2006 2:14 PM on j-body.org
should say *not demonstraed in that post

not "now".

Friday, June 02, 2006 2:43 PM on j-body.org
See my new tagline for an explanation of this.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Friday, June 02, 2006 2:56 PM on j-body.org
And what was Gam trying to point out about the true believer. He'll conjure up a few good lines to gain a following, yet a true follower of Christ lives in obedience to the Word in his heart and a life that satisfies God. Would Gam say the same, maybe, just to appease you, or maybe not, just to spite me like "he told me so in his extensive worldy knowledge", who cares. I guess the United States dropping a bombshell full of Bibles to spread God's message is a bad thing, atleast to Gam or you, am I right? THats not extremist. It's not my word, it's GOd's word, don't kill the messenger. That's not the same as dropping bombs, especially in the past and present case of the United States dealings with the world. Oh and Mike, you said "Force it on other people", those are your words, not mine.

Friday, June 02, 2006 3:11 PM on j-body.org
just one question, JB4JC...

what happens if God's teachings don't match your agenda?

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD

Friday, June 02, 2006 11:10 PM on j-body.org
jbody4jc wrote:And what was Gam trying to point out about the true believer. He'll conjure up a few good lines to gain a following, yet a true follower of Christ lives in obedience to the Word in his heart and a life that satisfies God. Would Gam say the same, maybe, just to appease you, or maybe not, just to spite me like "he told me so in his extensive worldy knowledge", who cares. I guess the United States dropping a bombshell full of Bibles to spread God's message is a bad thing, atleast to Gam or you, am I right? THats not extremist. It's not my word, it's God's word, don't kill the messenger. That's not the same as dropping bombs, especially in the past and present case of the United States dealings with the world. Oh and Mike, you said "Force it on other people", those are your words, not mine.

Dude, come on, seriously.

I don't even have to open the bible, I will take one of the ten commandments:

• Thou Shalt not KILL

That's God's word right there. Oh, but I forgot, it's OK to bend God's word for your own agenda, right? You're just like all of the people who start wars in the name of their religion.

This isn't even contestable. You are the aboslute definition of a contradiction. It's good you believe in Christianity, but I think your views are way too abstract to even consider. If you even want people to remotely consider Christianity or converting, you are going about it all wrong. You are the kind of person who comes out with these hateful, ignorant statements and peaceful believers like me have to defend the religion because of people like you.

Friday, June 02, 2006 11:11 PM on j-body.org
And i'm not trying to say i'm "holier than thou", because i'm not, but you need to stop with those bombing and killing statements.

Saturday, June 03, 2006 9:15 AM on j-body.org
Mike: I think it's Thou shalt not Murder... but that's another story

jbody4jc: there are easier ways to spread the word... especially ones that won't damage the books. It's also easier and more productive to do something that won't raise the ire of the current religious establishment, AND make them more beligerant.

Seriously, you claim to be a true believer, and figure I'm just trying to rain on your parade, why not take a minute and re-read what you're posting... ok? You've said a few times that Americans should kill all those that oppose them (veilling that by meaning Muslims), yet you love these people? I don't get it. Either way, saying you can convert others to Christianity is easy. Doing it, is quite another matter (look back at the Jesuits in North America, The Crusades, Rome and Europe).

Simple point: you're talking about the same kind of thing that Radical Muslims have been DOING in Iran, Saudi Arabia, and many other Shariya following countries. At this point, I'm going to point you to a book that was written about the same time as the Bible: The Art of War by Sun Tzu. you'll see that the first and foremost principle is Know your enemy, Know yourself. You and muslims are the same, as you have before espoused killing all those that don't believe in God in the middle east, now you're talking about converting them (This is actually in Ibbentime (sp?) writings that you kill all that oppose, and if they repent, you leave them be)? I'll give you a quick history lesson, it hasn't worked in 1500 years, it's not likely to succeed any time soon.

You have to learn that if you want to convert people to your line of thinking, they have to be receptive to it in the first place. Most people see a Mosque as a clean, quiet and cool place to be in a city/area that is otherwise squalid, loud and stifling with heat. If you want to try and convert them, good luck. Saudi Arabia and most other countries that follow Shariya, actively push out and burn other religious places of worship, and go to the point of banning other religious tomes from entering the country. The people that are uneducated go to religious schools and learn that the Qur'an is all, and those that are well-educated and in the middle classes will not give up their religion for another, and are not receptive to it.

Conversion is a great idea, but totally unworkable. If you fix the problem of Poverty and bad governance, then the problem of religious based violence will be much more workable.

As for the other ideas:
- Illegal Immigrants fighting in a war on foreign soil? Sounds like a great idea until you find out that most Americans don't want to pay to train and outfit them. Legal Immigants in the 30's & 40's were given citizenship, but then again, they wanted to be here, most mexicans don't but for the money.
- Prisoners on Juries: from what you're saying, bad theory.
- Surveillance in Mosques: I suggest no. Unless you like the idea of having government controlled cameras in your own home as well. The gov't has no business in your bedroom nor in your place of worship. Wholesale monitoring these places without cause or legal sanction is against your Constitution, doing this makes you no better than the people you're supposedly trying to help or defeat. If you think it's a good idea, then acquaint yourself with the story of Timothy McVeigh and Randy Weaver who were Christian Identity followers, and then with David Koresh who was a Christian Branch Davidian. Islam is not the only religion that has been co-opted for the purpose of Violence.

Saturday, June 03, 2006 11:07 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Mike: I think it's Thou shalt not Murder... but that's another story

Bah, same thing.

If I was killed or murdered I would still be pretty unhappy

Saturday, June 03, 2006 11:14 AM on j-body.org
*shrug* I got an ear full from Pretjah, and after looking a bit for it, found out he was right.

Monday, June 05, 2006 3:05 PM on j-body.org
Gam, altleast you can agree with me that dropping a casing full of bibles wouldnt kill anyone.

Monday, June 05, 2006 4:58 PM on j-body.org
^^^unless that casing fellon them or someone was hit by the shrapnel.

Still, if you can, answer my question:

What happens if God's teaching's don't match your agenda?

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Monday, June 05, 2006 6:00 PM on j-body.org
Do you feel disconnected as having any viable power to actually change the political outlook?
-NO, Just go out and Vote

Do you think building a wall made out of mines would effectively protect the U.S. border?
-No, but having the national guards its a great start.

Do you think if illegals that are caught should have to fight in Iraq for three months in order to become US citizens?
3 Months? any monkey can handle 3 months. Why not 5-7 years!!!

Should we make prisoners sit as jurors for "terrorists not killed in action or caught" in the court of law and then determine and enforce the form of punishment for terrorist/s?
Death should be their only punishment. They all want to die anyway.

Should we ship boatloads of bibles by plane into the middle east just to see what happens, and send them in bombshell casings?
Nothing positive would happen. Probably pissed them off.

Should we be allowed to setup surveillance inside mosques within the US?
I think we should too

Here's one question!!!
Is Global warming really caused by humans burning oil, or is the sun getting hotter?

Monday, June 05, 2006 7:21 PM on j-body.org
I think it is due to the ozone shrinking, or so they tell us. I don't understand how the sun can burn hotter? I could be wrong, but just answering.

Q:
how many topics end up being a compilation of all of the other topics in the war forum because it ends up a religious fight, or political?

Do I really need a signature?
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 12:43 PM on j-body.org
Keeper, as best as I can explain your question on God's teaching not matching a person's agenda. First, each individual has an agenda, and because of that agenda, determining what to make of God is based on that agenda, some may go to God to get away from their agenda, some may incorporate some religion to benefit their own agenda, or some may blaspheme God because of their agenda. Usually with a group's agenda, I believe, for example, is that the influence of the religion of that perticular group creates a great influence toward each individual of that group. If a member moves to seek a God that is not the major God of that groups religious belief, the individual of that group is disowned. A lot has to do with acceptance. They are no longer accepted. Another issue is, that I had a problem with was, "this is all I know, or this is how I was brought up" in the church, but I learned there is a difference between going to church and actually have a relationship with God. I see many people come to know Christ from the emptiness of their own lives and the pain and struggle of bowing down to each other. It's all based on emotion. I saw twenty or so people give their lives to the Lord last night, and taking this leap of faith is as real as the experience itself. If God's teaching doesn't match your agenda, why have a personal relationship with God. If your agenda is before God's agenda, what need do you have for God, to get what you want for yourself, and a lot of christians do that, even i do. Its a struggle in my life that i am working on to give to God. It's as Jesus says about the rich. They have everything they want, they don't need God, well atleast until they find they can't buy their way into heaven. They have money, but you as a Christian have the answer, faith, the fear(trust) in God that all glory is given to Him, not to your own agenda. We all have our own, and saddly enough, so do a lot of Christians. But to know Him in truth from the agenda i once took upon myself is the greatest conscious effort I have come to realize walking with God. It's life altering ending with eternal salvation of the soul, seeking with the heart, being conscious of Him with the mind, and beginning by confessing with the tongue.
God is as real as the wind. AMen. You can't see the wind, but you know it by the things it effects. With God, it's by the lives, in yours by seeking, and by those around you, even those you could've never thought could change. <><

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 2:11 PM on j-body.org
JB:

First off, then it begets this question: How do you know what God's plan and teachings are if there's so much dissent over not just the teachings, but the execution thereof? Ideally, if we assume that All christians believe in God--then why the different demonimations? Why can't all Christians agree on what God's plan is?

Saying that, i'd think that at best, a handful have got it right and the rest have it wrong. At worst, no one has it right and they are just using God to promote their agenda. Further, since God is omnipotent and God's mind obviously ourclasses yours (or anyones, for that matter), how can anyone really say what his plan and agenda is when we can't even begin to fathom God?

While i agree with some points you are making, in that a true Christian would never use God as a method to further their agenda--rather they would forget their agenda and put God's teachings over it. IMHO, Since it's improbable that anyone knows what God's agenda and plan is--how can anyone know that God wants from themselves--much less everyone else.

In that, going back to your Bible example: Since we can safely say that you don't know God's exact plan, how do you know that dropping a bomb casing full of bibles and trying to convert the entire middle east to Christianity isn't going agant God's plan and is insread trying to push a personal--or a sect-like agenda?

Not to knock you, but to me it seems like, as is in my tagline, no matter what you do or what denomination you are--your Creed is but for yourself.

Robby:
The sun is expanding, not getting hotter, but at the rate it's going, it woudn't cause wholesale warming like this because there are times in the past when the world was hotter than it is today. Remember, we are on the tail-end of an iceage.

Nate:
Every post here has a political or religious undertone--every argument every one makes is based upon their personal agenda (which is not bad), so it eventually dissolves intoa debate over whatever the stronger undertone is, ot ir degrades into name-calling. After all, even something as innoculous as the pseudo-fight between Yeltzin and Kennedy in the yak-piss vodka Himilayan drinking contest will be based upon political motives: Be it deomizing kennedy's drinking, demonizing yeltzin's drinking, pro USA rhetoric, Pro Russia rhetoric, anti-irish jokes, anti-russian jokes, or even chrap shots at what nepalese vodka is made of . The undertone of any debate is based off agenda, and its only a matter of time before the agenda comes forward . So yes, it will degrade into the political or religious undertone, the question is does it always go to name-calling, or does it sometimes end gracefully like the evolution/creationalism thread?

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 3:14 PM on j-body.org
First off, the idea of religion is mans creation, not God's. Religion according to the people like myself(non denominational born again christians) believe that we do not create rules and regulations ( in essence, works, by men) in order to please God and or seek Him, thats what religions do. We believe that through the Word, God seeks us. Thats why we say He wants to have a personal relationship with you. We belive faith before works. It is not by works you go to Heaven, but by faith(that personal relationship with God through his son Jesus who died on the cross for your sins in which you repent and become reborn spiritually "born again", working through holy spirit) that which you are saved. The works you do are things God puts on your heart thereof. It's because of religions that many people believe works or deeds lead to salvation. But what are good works if you do not know God. These works a lot of the time with religion keep Christian religions from having that true and personal relationship with Christ. Most of these religions put other prophets or saints before the bible, let alone actually live by the scripture thats written in the bible.
For example, Mary the mother of Jesus is before CHrist in the catholic religion, why? If you read the bible or you don't even have to know that most scripture from Genesis to Revelation speak of the messiah to come and messiah who came in Jesus first and know one else. NOt to put down Catholicism, test religions with the scriptures and see for yourself, rules that men make up no one can live up to, but he word of God alone in suffcient. The bible says God works in mysterious ways. God for me is that still small voice that beckons me to know Him more, and has replaced that question on eveyone's heart, if you would only recieve Him, Keeper you will know Him. Read the bible and determine for yourself if this is accurate according to your agenda. Beyond the test of time with movies like the Devinci Code and with the trends and words of men, the Word is the only thing that has ever stood and will ever stand.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 3:59 PM on j-body.org
Thank you keeper for the point. I walk away in shame.

Do I really need a signature?
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 4:13 PM on j-body.org
Phaw! my agenda has nothing to do with the teachings of God because i don't believe there is a God, and I don't follow the teachings of Christ because I don't believe he's the son of God (because I don't belive in God) and i feel that as wise as he was, he had good ideas that don't always apply.

That being said, be it works or faith, how do you *know* what God's word is:

• If even amongst born-agains, like you say you are, none of you can give a universally definitive answer about what God is?
  • That the bible in which you put so much stock into has not only multiple versions out there (ensuring one is incorrect), but that each reproduction and translation, done by the hands of falliable men with agendas, is perfect?
  • That it's plausible that God has a different agenda for everyone, and that perhaps those that seem the furthest astray are maybe fitting in with God's plan and God's plan for them?

I'm not condemning your faith, because how could a putz like me tell you what you see and experience? But in the same token, how can you tell me what I see and experience? If it's hard enough to understand what purpose God made you for--how can you know what someone else's purpose is if you can't experience what they experience?

God will give you your answers, but i seriously doubt he will give you, say, mine. My answers I must find on my own--through God or without.

All I'm saying is that you can't prove your Path right to anyone else but yourself, and no one else can prove you wrong. From my stance, your path is yours and you must travel it as you see fit. Form a conjecture about what your stance may be: God speaks to everyone in a different language and says different things and guides us differently.

As for my agenda? if i have any religious agenda is is to not feed wantonly and without question that which you are sold.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search