Should gay couples be allowed to adopt ? - Page 7 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Should gay couples be allowed to adopt ?
Friday, June 16, 2006 8:09 AM on j-body.org
^^^acording to the catholics, yes. But remember, what organized religion is even REMOTELY logical?

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Friday, June 16, 2006 8:29 AM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:Of course ideally a child would have both a male and female role model, but this isn't an ideal world is it?

far from it...frankly, at this point, we should be happy there are two mature adults in a loving home who are willing to rear a child not of their own flesh and blood.

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain
Friday, June 16, 2006 9:33 AM on j-body.org
John Wilken wrote:
Hahahaha wrote:...and since no sin is greater than another, they are on an equal footing to the rest of us as well.

PAX

This has me a little confused... So masturbation is no less of a sin then murder? If I've masturbated 500 times, I'm no less of a sinner than someone who murdered 500 people?

Keep in mind that the sin itself is that you turned away from God and God's teachings. The actuall action within that sin is not the issue, just simply the fact that you turned away.

Be it masterbation, murder, kidnapping or jealousy the fact of the matter is you ignored God's rules and did whatever you felt like instead. That is the issue, not what you actually did.

PAX
Friday, June 16, 2006 10:52 AM on j-body.org
Hahahaha, I don't know to much on Southern Baptists. I am sephardic jew who is a non denominational born again christian. How bout you? You seem to know your stuff on catholicism, it seems like we've all come up catholic in some way, shape, or form. Isn't that right.

Smile, Jesus loves you!!!!! <><
Manchild-ProPain, out now, Sphereofhiphop.com
Friday, June 16, 2006 11:12 AM on j-body.org
Hmmm, my Grandmaother was excommunicated from the Catholic church because she married a Welshman protestant. My mother was therefore raised Anglican. On my Father's side.. I don't even know, only that they were also protestant (I have their old Bible and it's a KJV so they weren't Catholic). I was introduced to Christianity through the Presbeterian Church but I disagree with their theology. Right now I belong to no church. I have a friend who is a Catholic priest and I have read enourmous amounts of their material because they have the most to offer. The Catholic Church has everything that predates the reformation, so I find it interesting. I am also a history buff and the original church has the most history and is interesting on that level as well.

As of now, I consider myself Christian and I'm pretty sure I'd have fit right in about 1600 years ago, with a few exceptions.. I don't believe you can save someone by torturing them and killing them. I firmly believe in the "Different fingers of the same hand" philosophy. What works for me may not work for others and whatever happens it is part of God's plan. I believe that God is wise and provided for other cultures to have other beliefs. There is no "one size fits all" religion.

I also believe that the most important message Christ gave us was that of forgiveness and understanding.

PAX
Friday, June 16, 2006 11:21 AM on j-body.org
^^^which is why i respect you. You don't look down on other's beliefs (don't get me wrong with the illogical comments, i know my beliefs,despite not being related to many "orghanized" religions, are not logical either ) and don't think those that have different beliefs are damned to hell.

Which is a lot like my g/f...whos' non-denomiational christian, but delves a bit more into kaballistic and christian-based magic (while i know your stance is why use God's tools whithout God's permission).

Anyhow, I think both lilbit and you are right along a line--ideally, for pure developmental purposes, a child would need a good male and female role model, but the world is far from perfect, what with them allowing things like the Ice Capades and the continued idolation of pop stars. I think we are going about this the wrong way--we should be trying to get better role models fist and worry about the male and female later, rather than ther male and female first, and role models second.

Let's face it--for both gay and straight, male and female parents or not--there are people that JUST. SHOULD. NOT. BE. RAISING. CHILDREN.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Friday, June 16, 2006 11:48 AM on j-body.org
lilbit01 wrote:
Hahahaha wrote:Of course ideally a child would have both a male and female role model, but this isn't an ideal world is it?

far from it...frankly, at this point, we should be happy there are two mature adults in a loving home who are willing to rear a child not of their own flesh and blood.

THANK YOU LAURA !!!!! I'm glad some people can see thats more important then a kid starving to death !!!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search