The truth about global warming - it's the Sun - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The truth about global warming - it's the Sun
Friday, June 30, 2006 9:04 AM on j-body.org
The sun is getting hotter.

Global warning is not caused by human.

"The Sun is in a changed state. It is brighter than it was a few hundred years ago and this brightening started relatively recently - in the last 100 to 150 years."

Linky

Re: The truth about global warming - it's the Sun
Friday, June 30, 2006 9:10 AM on j-body.org
Great, now people are going to care even less about the environment

Rest In Peace, Saint.
Shadow, please come home, I miss you.
Friday, June 30, 2006 9:15 AM on j-body.org
Robby002 wrote:The sun is getting hotter.

Global warning is not caused by human.

"The Sun is in a changed state. It is brighter than it was a few hundred years ago and this brightening started relatively recently - in the last 100 to 150 years."

Linky

Your an idiot.

Friday, June 30, 2006 9:32 AM on j-body.org
Why do people refuse to accept that human's are responsible for Global Warming?

---

Friday, June 30, 2006 10:04 AM on j-body.org
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Becasue there is no proof. Sure the speculation does make sence but its not prooven soooo......

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, June 30, 2006 10:37 AM on j-body.org
the sun is burning brighter because we destroyed the crap out of the ozone layer. therefore everybody's right.

Friday, June 30, 2006 10:39 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

Most scientists agree that greenhouse gases from fossil fuels have contributed to the warming of the planet in the past few decades but have questioned whether a brighter Sun is also responsible for rising temperatures.

Robby:

The article doesn't omit human activities as a possible cause of global warming. It is just questioning whether changes in the sun may also contribute to this.
Friday, June 30, 2006 11:03 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Becasue there is no proof. Sure the speculation does make sence but its not prooven soooo......

What do you mean there is no proof? Then why is the scientific community so overwhelmingly in agreement on it?

---

Friday, June 30, 2006 11:08 AM on j-body.org
Because they are all a bunch of hippies plotting against us. Bah, why can't people just accept the truth?

Friday, June 30, 2006 12:01 PM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:
Jackalope wrote:^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Becasue there is no proof. Sure the speculation does make sence but its not prooven soooo......

What do you mean there is no proof? Then why is the scientific community so overwhelmingly in agreement on it?

Because not every scientist is in agreement thats why. Some are saying its the Earths normal cycle.

Now NO I do believe to an extent that we doing this but theres evidence as to both ways so IMO the jury is still out on weather or not its our doing or mom natuers.

Friday, June 30, 2006 12:25 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:
AGuSTiN wrote:

Because not every scientist is in agreement thats why. Some are saying its the Earths normal cycle.

Now NO I do believe to an extent that we doing this but theres evidence as to both ways so IMO the jury is still out on weather or not its our doing or mom natuers.

The overwhelming majorty of scientists who dispute global warming have documented energy interest ties, in addition to being in a very small minority of the overall scientific community. The only reason they get some much airplay is because conservative talking heads give it to them.

---

Friday, June 30, 2006 12:42 PM on j-body.org
Didn't realize the Discovery channel and History channel were political hotbeds. Hmm, ya learn something new everyday I guess.

Friday, June 30, 2006 12:54 PM on j-body.org
Really? What show was that?

---

Friday, June 30, 2006 1:26 PM on j-body.org
Oh God don't make me have to lie to you AGuSTiN. I can't remember anymore its been awhile. Just keep an eye out for stuff on global warming from either of those channels cause they'll have strong evidence to support both sides of the arguement. Thats why I my opinion the juries still out cause the experts can't seem to agree amounst themselves so how do we know which way is correct ?

Myself, I think its a little of all the factors rolled into one thats doing it and not just one thing, like man for example.
Its far more likely that between mans polluting and clear cutting of forests and the Earths climate naturaly changing thats doing it.

But I'm no expert by any strech.

Friday, June 30, 2006 4:24 PM on j-body.org
<sigh>

Okay, i'm not going top blow smoke and say we're not contributring to global warming, but we *are* coming out of an ice age and there have been cyclic periods in the past where the earth was so warm that we didn't have polar ice caps.

I think the whole global warming debate is easily solved if we try to work WITH the ever-changing climates rather than against them, and not bitching when nature, being the harsh mistress that she is, drops a natural disaster on you. I seriously don't know who told these cretins that life is supposed to be as placid as a game of Candyland or a Brady Buch episode, but seriously, every time something big comes through and wipes out a few million dollars in property, we get this whole debate again...

<sigh>

Maybe the answer is accepting that no matter where you live it has the potential to be a disaster area, and quit bitching if you live on a floodplan, on a fault, next to a volcano, etc. and you get wiped out.

As for global warming, we'll cope or we'll die off.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaği, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Friday, June 30, 2006 4:32 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light�]<sigh>

Okay, i'm not going top blow smoke and say we're not contributring to global warming, but we *are* coming out of an ice age and there have been cyclic periods in the past where the earth was so warm that we didn't have polar ice caps.

I think the whole global warming debate is easily solved if we try to work WITH the ever-changing climates rather than against them, and not bitching when nature, being the harsh mistress that she is, drops a natural disaster on you. I seriously don't know who told these cretins that life is supposed to be as placid as a game of Candyland or a Brady Buch episode, but seriously, every time something big comes through and wipes out a few million dollars in property, we get this whole debate again...

<sigh>

Maybe the answer is accepting that no matter where you live it has the potential to be a disaster area, and quit bitching if you live on a floodplan, on a fault, next to a volcano, etc. and you get wiped out.

As for global warming, we'll cope or we'll die off.

correct me if im wrong... but the only time the earth never had polar ice caps is when there was only one land mass... and once that broke up and the land shifted towards the poles, that's when they became covered in ice. i could be wrong, but i do believe that's the only time there wasn't polar ice caps... certainly not cyclic periods where they melt and freeze over and over like you're suggesting.

Friday, June 30, 2006 4:40 PM on j-body.org
http://www.scotese.com/climate.htm

It's happened more than once.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaği, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Friday, June 30, 2006 5:18 PM on j-body.org
And its going to happen again.

If the sun is getting hotter, what can we do? NOTHING!
The extra heat will melt the ice in the north and south pole.
Maybe years later the sun might cool back down and we will hit another ice age. but its not because of humans?

Its nature We can't stop a hurricane, an earth quake or a tornado.
And if the sun is getting hotter, it will warm up the sea waters and it will create stronger hurricanes.

it happened before, and it will happen again no matter what we do

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, June 30, 2006 5:27 PM

Saturday, July 01, 2006 5:31 AM on j-body.org
Keeper thats what I was just saying.

Sunday, July 02, 2006 6:16 AM on j-body.org
Who said anything about stopping hurricanes and tornadoes and such? Even if we were to completely stop global warming, which really isn't possible, there would still be natural disasters. We had them before we started polluting the crap out of the globe.

Anyway, you want to believe this is solely mother nature's fault, then go ahead. Because I am sure all the polution we make isn't doing damage to the ozone or anything. This problem is completely mother nature. We're just innocent little humans. Give me a break. If you don't think were making this process worse and aiding in warming the planet than I don't know what to tell you other than you are simply wrong.

Sunday, July 02, 2006 1:39 PM on j-body.org
Ohh boy, here I go. I am going to use my limited knowledge on this and try and sound like I have commited my life to the study of weather patterns and atompheric anomolies.

The Earth warms up and cools down. It's part of a cycle the Earth goes through. It's going to get hot, the ice caps are going to melt, then it's going to freeze and have another one of the many Ice Ages that this planet has gone through. Yes, there has been more then once ice age. Hell, Lake Michigan used to be nothing more then a bunch of riverbeads until a glacier carved that @!#$ out and filled it with water.

Does pollution have anything to do with it. Maybe. Hell, probably. It might be speeding it up or slowing it down. This has NOT YET been determined it is has or has not and to what extent. Just don't blame everything on pollution and "humans ruining the world".

I used to remember when I was a little kid that they used to tell us that so many hundreds of square km of rainforrest were getting cut every minute and that we would run out of O2 when the rainforrest disappeared. So, why is there still a lot of rainforrest? Why is it that around 80% of the breathable O2 in the air comes from the ocean? It's all propaganda to get people to believe in something that isn't proven yet. If it get's proven, then they get to sit on their high horse and say I told you so and if it's disproven they try a new lie.

Either way, there are so many variables to why the world's climate changes that we cannot blame any particular reason.

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Sunday, July 02, 2006 2:27 PM on j-body.org
El Fuego ( the grounded one ) wrote:Your an idiot.

you have room to talk.

anyways let the ice caps melt seeing 90% of the ice is underwater and seeing water expands when it freezes you can do the math.

-Borsty
Sunday, July 02, 2006 6:55 PM on j-body.org
^shingdingdingding.

Oceans won't rise, they'll fall. idiots.

Sunday, July 02, 2006 8:25 PM on j-body.org
OK, here's what I know about global warming. Feel free to flame me, I've got broad shoulders.

Global warming has been blamed on fatigue of the ozone layer caused by humans using fossil fuels and chemicals. This is wrong, as it takes 100 years for ground level pollutants to reach the ozone. So what the human race did in 1906 is just now reaching the ozone layer.

Volcanic eruptions release cubic tons of gasses that erode the ozone layer, and there have been volcanic eruptions for as long as we can tell, yet there is still an ozone layer. The "hole" in the ozone layer is most likely from a prehistoric volcanic eruption. This hole will eventually even out as the ozone layer gets effected by the gravity of the moon and the rotation of the earth.

Ozone is created by electric sparks, as in lightning. Since there is no shortage of lightning there will always be some supply of ozone being generated.

To say that there has been a trend of warming climate over the last 150 years is insignificant considering the amount of time the planet has been here. It's like saying that your lunch hour is a warming trend over your morning commute, it's just not long enough of a sample to call a trend.

Also, keep in mind the agenda of so-called "scientists" who cry "global warming". Is it their intention to gain publicity, a government grant, or sell you an alternative that they just happend to invent?

I remember the oil shortage of the 1970's, when the "scientists" said there was only enough oil to last another 10 years... Turns out the actual number is much higher than originally reported.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Sunday, July 02, 2006 9:13 PM on j-body.org
And you do know in the 70s they were worries about a global cooling???

Either way, who recorded these temperatures we compare todays to?? Do you really get freaked out when the temp 200 years ago was said to be 2-3 degrees cooler????

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search