End Times Prophecy... - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
End Times Prophecy...
Wednesday, July 05, 2006 1:53 PM on j-body.org
All that is going on in the world seems to be leading us right into the prohetic end times. War seems to be looming along with an assortment of natural disasters(armeggedon that is). The UN is pushing its system of monetary currency along with the world communications. Israel is a nation again with a home, although not a country, Israel being the jews coming back together. Technological advances are coming more into mass distribution. The idea of the microchip is at the premature state of study and development(mark of the beast).
The times are more and more fitting to the direction this world is going, and it will just be a matter of time before it is all revealed. To all who believe in signs of the endtimes, tell me more on what is noticeable as that direction is beginning to be taken in terms of these signs.

Smile, Jesus loves you!!!!! <><
Manchild-ProPain, out now, Sphereofhiphop.com

Re: End Times Prophecy...
Wednesday, July 05, 2006 4:18 PM on j-body.org
what part of the bible talks about this prophecies?

I would like to read it

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 5:09 PM on j-body.org
Not this again..

The Mark of the Traveller has nothing to do with Microchips, barcodes or technology in general, only someone without a bit of understanding about the nature of technology would assume that (these things can be made to turn off, or you can pull the battery if it's portable... Tech 101 class dismissed). People have been finding parallels to vagaries in the bible for ages, first they thought that the Javelin was going to be herald of the end of times, then the broadsword...

Here's a more apropos question:

Why is it that when jbody4jc gets his viewpoint (usually based on little more than innuendo) completely skull-thumped in a thread that he trots out a thread where he is either "asking" a very loaded question, or is talking about how the US should smite a country that opposes it, simply because it's only Christian, or against his belief system that other people have a different point of view, agenda or belief system?

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 5:17 PM on j-body.org
Robby002 wrote:what part of the bible talks about this prophecies?

I would like to read it

the book of revelations... the whole thing is about a vision john had about the end times and most of it uses symbolisms. its a pretty tough book to understand.

Check out my build thread!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 5:32 PM on j-body.org
Which makes it easily mis-interpretable.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 6:22 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Which makes it easily mis-interpretable.

True.

However, jbody could be right. The signs of the end have actually been getting stronger over the past couple of years. Alot of things that were predicted in the Bible have occured already (I can't think of any off the top of my head, and my Bible isn't near me right now).

However, GAM is right in that is is EXTREMELY easy to mis-interpret the book of Revelations. One person's ideas on what the mark of the Traveler could be is different than another man's view. The mark of the Beast (which many believe is the sequence of the numbers 666 could be interpreted by somebody else as the actual "picture" of 666)

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 6:29 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Not this again..

The Mark of the Traveller has nothing to do with Microchips, barcodes or technology in general, only someone without a bit of understanding about the nature of technology would assume that (these things can be made to turn off, or you can pull the battery if it's portable... Tech 101 class dismissed). People have been finding parallels to vagaries in the bible for ages, first they thought that the Javelin was going to be herald of the end of times, then the broadsword...

Here's a more apropos question:

Why is it that when jbody4jc gets his viewpoint (usually based on little more than innuendo) completely skull-thumped in a thread that he trots out a thread where he is either "asking" a very loaded question, or is talking about how the US should smite a country that opposes it, simply because it's only Christian, or against his belief system that other people have a different point of view, agenda or belief system?

GAM, this isn't any different then people reading events into vague words that Nostradumass wrote a long time ago. Personally, I believe that God doesn't have a set plan for us, he's letting us work everything out ourselves. Some of us are screwing things up big time and some of us are going along pretty good. So I don't think that there can be prophecy in the bible, it's not known what going to happen until it happens.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 6:54 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

the whole thing is about a vision john had about the end times and most of it uses symbolisms.

And I want to know what drugs he was taking at the time... thems must be some good stuff

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 7:26 PM on j-body.org
Hey, a talking bush on fire? you tell me

Zero: I'll grant its similar, but Notradamus' prophecies can be somewhat equated to happenings in history, the bible is also similarly vague in that respect (that I remember at any rate).

Thursday, July 06, 2006 3:37 AM on j-body.org
The Bible actually has a code inside that predcited several major events in history.

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Thursday, July 06, 2006 5:20 AM on j-body.org
Rob S wrote:The Bible actually has a code inside that predcited several major events in history.

This from the same kid that thinks space exploration is retarded.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 5:26 AM on j-body.org
Yes the bible code. Too bad its a load of CRAP ! You can do that skip counting of letters in ANY big book and get messages that was proven when they had Mobey Dick tell of the 9/11 attacks and War and Peace the moon landing. Want to know another way to tell its crap ? How come they can only find these "hidden" messages after the fact when they know what they are looking for ? CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 6:28 AM on j-body.org

Thursday, July 06, 2006 8:31 AM on j-body.org
There is a lot of CRAP out there about Bible code and it's too bad because it takes away from the real study. There are things in the original Hebrew texts that appear to have some hidden meaning. Those that have been found appear to be universal truths, not prophacy, but there may be more to discover.

Check out the "Meru Foundation" for honest scientific study of the Hebrew and some of the mind boggling things that have been found. Interestingly it's all about geometry and closed systems. Very complexe and yet very cool.

When speaking of Biblical prophacy most would mean the "Book of Revelation of St> John the Devine". Of course a huge number of Christians would be left out of that discussion because that book is not in the Catholic Bible and many protestant sects believe that you shouldn't read it for some reason. My paternal Grandmother was one of those. Myself, I believe it was recorded for a reason, if not to be read, then why?

At any rate it is very hard to gleen any meaning out of revelation except that, when it comes I think we will know. Revelation is all about the end of the world as we know it and the beginning of a new age of peace and properity. It may be there simply to give hope to those in despair, or it could be roughly accurate, I don't know. There are some interesting bits though, like the line that says "The firey hand of God will sweep those in power from Mt. Sion" To me that means regime change in the middle east. Mt Sion is a reference to Isreal, so if there is a big war (big enough to be called "the Firey Hand of God" and all the leaders are removed from power, then I may take that as a sign, but again, it is somewhat ambiguous.

Definately an interesting read for any who have not already. Sometimes it's my favourite part, sometimes it scares the crap out of me. It really depends on the day. It is very poetic and visual in it's decriptions and some of the events it describes are terrible while others are simply wonderful. Give it a go and make up your own mind.

PAX
Thursday, July 06, 2006 8:44 AM on j-body.org
The Firey Hand Of God ! Hey that means the Bible says we should nuke the whole middle east right !

Thursday, July 06, 2006 9:06 AM on j-body.org
The end of the world... This same speach was given to my parents about Elvis and Rock n roll, during the cold war, Vietnam war, the cuban missile crisis, etc.

At what point in our history could you read "revelation" and NOT believe the end of the world is coming?

Let me know when the four horsemen ride, until then let's party.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Thursday, July 06, 2006 9:11 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:Yes the bible code. Too bad its a load of CRAP ! You can do that skip counting of letters in ANY big book and get messages that was proven when they had Mobey Dick tell of the 9/11 attacks and War and Peace the moon landing. Want to know another way to tell its crap ? How come they can only find these "hidden" messages after the fact when they know what they are looking for ? CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP!

^^X2. Since the Bible has been translated how can there be "divine hidden messages" unless the translater was divine?

Jack is right, let's hear about a hidden message that tells what WILL happen instead of what already happened.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Thursday, July 06, 2006 9:32 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

When speaking of Biblical prophacy most would mean the "Book of Revelation of St> John the Devine". Of course a huge number of Christians would be left out of that discussion because that book is not in the Catholic Bible and many protestant sects believe that you shouldn't read it for some reason. My paternal Grandmother was one of those. Myself, I believe it was recorded for a reason, if not to be read, then why?

Kinda sounds like the Gnostic Gospels/Deadsea Scrolls... The Catholic Church called it heresy, and most protestant churches knew little if anything about them until they were discovered in the 1940's.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 10:21 AM on j-body.org
All this can be observed from the prophecies of Daniel.

http://www.godandscience.org /apologetics/daniel.html

Thursday, July 06, 2006 10:22 AM on j-body.org
John Wilken wrote:
Jackalope wrote:Yes the bible code. Too bad its a load of CRAP ! You can do that skip counting of letters in ANY big book and get messages that was proven when they had Mobey Dick tell of the 9/11 attacks and War and Peace the moon landing. Want to know another way to tell its crap ? How come they can only find these "hidden" messages after the fact when they know what they are looking for ? CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP!

^^X2. Since the Bible has been translated how can there be "divine hidden messages" unless the translater was divine?

Jack is right, let's hear about a hidden message that tells what WILL happen instead of what already happened.

HOLY CRAP !! I was right? woo hoo go me! ( does the cabage patch )

Thursday, July 06, 2006 10:22 AM on j-body.org
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/daniel.html

Thursday, July 06, 2006 11:27 AM on j-body.org
Jbody4jc, your not getting it. The Bible was not written in English it has been translated and re-translated again.
Each time if so much as one word, one letter would be made different it would throw off any Bible code making it wrong. So in 2000+ or so years do you think every letter is as it was written ? And if so why can't they use this Bible code to tell the future ? Its rather amazing that they can only find things that have already happened. I wonder why that is........... Oh thats right, ITS CRAP thats why !

Thursday, July 06, 2006 12:03 PM on j-body.org
For hidden code within the Bible check out the Meru foundation and it's founder Stan Tennon. They have done some excellent work on the Hebrew in the book of Genesis and found some very interesting stuff. None of it is prophacy but all of it is really cool. More like explanation of closed systems that exist. The seed>tree>fruit>death/seed cycle, and the way interesting fact that 7 interlinked "yad" (basic letterform of Hebrew) will for a perfect torus. Torroidal forms are found throughout. The cool thing about Hebrew is that "words" are combinations of ideas each represented by one letter. As the "words" are examined and the meaning of each letter applied a code is found. Once the "code" is found it generally leads to some visul or geometric form, those forms are put together and they describe a scene or system. It really is cool although somewhat hard to grasp. It doesn't help that the research is done by a PhD who's claim to fame is not putting things in layman's terms, but with some dilligence you can get the idea Stan is trying to convey.

Give it a shot, at worst it will cost you some time at best you may learn something.

Aside from that... Most prophacy is so general and abstract that it becomes easy to apply to events past and never useful in predicting the future. Only the prophet themselves knows if it was true prophacy or not. Like astrology, it has almost no value what-so ever, as even if it is real we can only recognize it after the prophesized event has past

PAX
Thursday, July 06, 2006 12:50 PM on j-body.org
HAHAHAHA I've seen them on TV when they've been on like Discovery channel and the like but they can't get the code to tell them anything that hasn't already happened. Thats why I say its crap. Don't get me wrong its interesting but its still crap none the less.

And if its a devine hidden message why does the same thing work in War and Peace and Mobey Dick and other books ? Its not devine its just when you put enough letters in a book they will eventualy spell out something thats all.

The very first time they can predict something BEFORE it happens I will be a die hard believer and never question again. Till then.........sorry.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 1:27 PM on j-body.org
You've seen the "Bible Code" guys you mean? You must, because I'm sure Stan Tennon and the Meru foundation have not been on TV. Meru also makes no claim to finding code in English, they also make no claim to have found prophacy. Their only claim is that they have found further information within the Hebrew letter forms of the book of Genesis. They make no claim on any other text. I don't know if that's because they haven't studied other text or what.

I've talked (and e-mailed) one of the profs involved in the "Bible Code" group (in Televiv) and even got their "software" but the methods used are insane, nothing makes sense and the "prophacies" are crap. I agree, crap, crap, crap. I was only suggesting that if people are interested in legitimate study, they should look into the Meru Foundation and their work.

From http://www.meru.org/FAQ.html

What is the basic finding of Meru Foundation research?

We have re-discovered the use of geometric metaphor in the Bible traditions and a wide range of related teachings. Religious and academic scholars know that Bible stories, histories, and spiritual lessons are expressed in metaphor, but it is believed that this must be word-based, poetic and literary metaphor. The re-introduction of geometric metaphor enables us to clearly understand and appreciate many perplexing and controversial passages and teachings, and to see them in a more functional, modern perspective.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search